WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

well it says oil pressure on some 8 cylinder engines on the box so I am hopeful.

If it can do oil pressure I'll be happy then all I need is a fuel pressure gauge and I could do a boost gauge just for the heck of it and not need a triple pod over my rearview.

master... I never got a reply from my i want a green one... my e-mail is silver2000svt with aol...

Pony, I haven't responded to any emails. I will post a list of everyone that's interested once it gets close to 50. Right now I have about half spoken for.

Lew

Pitstain said:
can you take a picture of the OBD connector plugged in from a driver and passenger seat point of view. I still think it would look ghetto rigged

if you don't like the way it looks one could remount the OBDII connector further under the dash where you can't see it.

Driven, I believe it will work on a Mustang. The software would need minor adjustments but that gauge will be in production soon. The designer has one in his cobra.

I will find out more tonight. I think the code is mostly the same, so with minor mods (remove lightning screen, etc) it should be available as well as the standard F-150.

I need help.

From the designer:
Have you read MAP pressure on other scan tools? The list I have does not show another PID for MAP. I'm a little confused right now as to why you can't see it. Could you ask around if others have read it on a scan tool if you haven't?\

He is referring to boost or Manifold pressure....Anyone?????

Last edited:
A/F Info:

You can connect a wideband kit (0-5v output) to one of the analog inputs of the gauge. I do this on my Cobra. This way I can view and log A/F ratio vs RPM. I'm using an AEM wibeband, but there are many others including the Innovate LC-1 that will also work.

I really need input from you guys that have scan tools about the MAP reading.

Also, does anyone know if we have a return on our fuel system?

If it will read boost (manifold pressure) I'll take one in green. Also can you find out if I can hook up my Dynojet WBC to it?

I don't know of any sensor located within the presurized cavity on any of the 5.4L SC motors. I doubt the PCM directly measures it.

Rich

Nobody has ever read any boost levels from any handheld programmer/scanner?

I need a definitive, one way or another, to pursue it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mastertvtech said:
Nobody has ever read any boost levels from any handheld programmer/scanner?

I need a definitive, one way or another, to pursue it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The computer does not read boost and because of that, you cant log it or see it in any PID.

JJ@WMS

I was just about to say the same thing, although not with the same zing JJ...:)

so a fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge, and the aeroforce chotchky.

Back