WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

Since I became a vendor, I can now talk about the newest must have for Lightning's.

I received the beta test gauge this morning and I am blown away by it.

First off, I am just learning about the following parameters, so hold off on the tech questions for a few days until I can digest all that this gauge can do.

The one parameter that is missing is boost, but it looks like just a software mod and then that should happen.

Here's a list of parameters taken at idle: The gauge displays 2 parameters at a time, top and bottom:

MPG (instantaneous) but AVG MPG is stored in memory.....
Analog 1 for external sensor
Analog 2 for external sensor
Intake air Temp (62)
Intake air Temp 2 (94)
Coolant temp (176)
Trans Temp (118)
RPM
MAF 1 h/m (.85)
MAF Counts
Throttle % (19)
Throttle volts (.99)
Fuel Pump Duty (202.3)
MPH
Knock Retard
Ignition V (16)
Pulse Width ms (263.3)
Short Trim B1 (.7)
Short Trim B2 (1)
Long Trim B1 (6.2)
Long Trim B2 (3.9)
O2 Volt B1
Os Volt B2
Battery (14.2)
Engine Load (17.8)
HP ----Cool! looks like an instantaneous HP reading! Wonder how high it goes?

Sub Menu lets you select
performance-Calculates 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and 0 -60 times!!
Record- record up to 45 seconds of 2 different parameters
Play - Play back stored recording
Scan - scans for codes and can clear them
Shift light- Sets shift point - 2 bright led's light up when set.

I am just learning the capabilities. No external power needed. Just plugs into OBD2 port- That's it!

It also has a custom Lightning screen that comes up at start-up. Shuts down automatically. Display can be dimmed and reversed.
Adjustable scan rate too.

I hope to have the units ready for sale in the next 2 weeks. There will only be 50 gauges for the first run, and I'm not sure how long the delay will be getting the next lot. The first batch will be at $239.00
If you are interested, and want one, you can send me an email at Lew@videoelectronics.tv

The color breakdown will be 35 green and 15 Blue. I have the green and think it looks great with the black face and black trim ring. I will try to get some pics in the next few days.

I can't believe it's raining out today....no WOT runs...lol...

I love the mpg calculator and the performance stats, which I wasn't expecting.

Lew

Will it actually monitor all of those or can you only choose 2 at a time... I will send you and an e-mail, but I will be ordering one from you...

Last edited:
It monitors 2 parameters at a time. It stores avg mpg and a few others I believe. I am still early in the learning stage and will continue to post updates as i learn about it. The gauge interprets commands differently on every vehicle, so we are just learning how the L is read. The designer has installed one in his Cobra and says that it has performed flawlessly over the last few months...So there will be a Cobra specific one too I believe.

Yes, you can have the gauge show any two at the same time. While test driving, I had trans temp and coolant temp displayed. You can also record 2 parameters at a time to be played back later.

Lew

If this will monitor boost by the time they are for sale... I will be ordering two probably...

dashmountNEW.jpg

I believe here is a blue version of the guage

so, this gauge can monitor any 2 paramemters at the time by pushing a button? if this is the case and boost is one of the parameters, i will order one right away.

That is what the gauge looks like. The manifold pressure shown is the parameter we have to get loaded. I will try to snap a shot tonight.
The 2 gauge system isn't even in the works yet.

It will fit in the column pod as that is where i put mine. A quick 5 minute install is all there is.

I have to play around with the performance menu and shift light on the way home tonight to see how they work.

Yes Veloci1, it will monitor those 2 parameters once we get the Boost (manifold pressure) squared away.

I will be giving my final results to the designer on Friday. Assuming he can make the changes quickly, They will be ready soon. All of the gauges are assembled, but await the final software changes.

Lew

Man I've been following these gauges over at LS1GTO.com for like a year now. Nice to see they're on their way!

that is great news. So, once you install it, all you do is press a button and get whatever you want to monitor to show up, correct? also, is it using the stock O2 sensors in order to give you the AFR?
in other words, it hooks up to the OEM sensors to give all the data we want, correct? no need for extra sensors anywhere.

i am in. now, i hope 2 weeks is two weeks and not two months. please, do not make us wait.

We will release them asap. I don't want to sell them and have them come back because of a parameter issue that we overlooked. It really has been a long time since this was proposed. I would love to have them ready in 2 weeks. Barring any unforseen glitch (which there have been many-mostly supply issues) the last few issues will be resolved quickly.

Veloci1- Yes there are two buttons that you see on the gauge. One controls the top and one controls the bottom. Each time you press the button, the next parameter is displayed. If you press them both together, the sub menu pops up which lets you record, play back, check mpg/performance, settings and preferences. It uses data collected at the comuter through the obd connector under the dash. It couldn't be any easier! I have stock sensors throughout, and get readings on almost all parameters.

Lew

Back