WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

sorry guys. i was so excited about this gauge that i just took MAF readings for the AF. sorry. i will wait for his findings. i better go to sleep now.

Last edited:
BriteRed20s said:
Wouldn't this system need a boost sensor in order to read boost? Or is there a digital boost sensor the computer reads. I did not remember seeing boost as a variable that could be logged with a Predator.

+1 I think it will require a Map sensor. Someone put one on recently.

OK guys, I'll try to answer as many previous questions as possible.

1. I have no problem taking a picture of the OBD connector. It is just a plain connector that plugs directly into the OBD port, just like the major handheld tuners use.

2. Dual setup is not available and may not be (if at all) for many months.

3. The OBD cable is about 5 feet and is a seperate cable, so it can be routed anywhere easily and then connected to the gauge. Believe me, this will be the simplest gauge install ever!

4. GotSVT-- Sure you can stop by...My shop is in North Reading....You can call me at 978-664-9992 (8:30 - 5:00) for specifics.

5. No boost sensor is needed as the gauge will monitor manifold pressure...The designer is using it in his Cobra.

6. I know you are all anxious about the A/F. I will report back once I know if this is possible/probable.

I know you are all excited as am I to release the gauge, but again, I don't want to rush it and have regrets later..I hope you understand. I wasn't even going to discuss the gauge until it was 100%, but have been waiting so long to get this far that I had to share!

This morning I had a chance to WOT and run a 1/4 mile test and all looked great! ET's seemed accurate and my MPG was right were I expected it to be.
I love the fact that the display inverts once you hit it to let you know it's recording. ALso, the shift lights ( i had set to 3500) come on and it looks so cool.
Note: The avg MPG only calculates when instantaneous MPG is displayed on the gauge, so I have kept it up to see an accurate avg.

Lew

can you take a picture of the OBD connector plugged in from a driver and passenger seat point of view. I still think it would look ghetto rigged, unless it is an L type connection, but please prove me wrong. I am mainly interested in the IAT and IAT2, I would like to hear more real world experience about those features as well.

Thank you.

I only ask so much because I am truly interested in buying the unit, I am no Tire Kicker...Just ask Todd @ TCE :) or the guys at ZE forged.....

No Problem Pitstain... I will get a picture of the connector. The wire exits fron the side towards the drivers side so it doesn't protrude or look out of place.

Mastertvtech said:
No Problem Pitstain... I will get a picture of the connector. The wire exits fron the side towards the drivers side so it doesn't protrude or look out of place.
That's cool. I think that is what Pitstain was referencing that he didn't want it to look getto, so by it exiting out to the side towards the driver, it won't stick out, as the handheld tuners stick out and would look a little out of place with just a huge wire sticking straight out...So this is encouraging news. Now, just to get that picture to confirm that I understand you correctly! :)

Great! Another MUST have. I'll email for a green one.

BTW: Totally agree with Pitstain on the connection to OBD. If the wire exits to the side could'nt there be a "piggy back" plug to allow the handhelds to still plug in for data logging - or would this protrude to far? Just a thought.

Here's the OBDII Connector

2666-12781-178346.jpg

The oil pressure is probably not going to happen. I will ask though. It all depends on how the micro monitors it.

So right now the 3 parameters in question are:

Boost/Manifold Pressure (designer indicated that it should be there)
A/F
Oil Pressure

I will try to get more info on these tonight.

Back