Military L Owners

Okay then boys, lets get some creative juices flowing and come up with a name. I saw some one suggested AFLOC, I know we can come up with a good military accronym for a chapter title. Im just a JARHEAD and can hardly count to 21 without dropping my pants but you airforce guys are suppose to be pretty Witty.:bd:

BlkLtng02 said:
I'm in!! Air Force Network Administrator at Buckley Air Force Base Colorado. You know it would really suck if this was a theft ring trying to find out what bases had Lightnings at them!! I'm going to alert my Security Police friends and supply them with some 5.56 so they can do one hour checks on my truck just in case!! :D

Theft rings suck. When I was stationed at ElToro in Irvine, Ca there was a big ring going on Tustin, El Toro and Camp Pendelton. A couple group of mustangs on El Toro at the barracks were real nice, almost too nice. Turns out there were two corporals and one Lance Corporal that had three quadcons full of stolen rims, cowl hoods, heads, injectors, carbs. They finally got caught when they got stupid and started hitting and taking wheels off new cars at local dealerships. The area police already had an idea it was someone military because all the thefts were around and on military bases. Evidently they'd pull the stuff off people's cars right in their driveway. My cobra was always garaged in town otherwise mine may have been a victim. I heard they all got bad conduct discharges, but not sure what else they got. friggin' theives :mad:

venomous said:
Theft rings suck. When I was stationed at ElToro in Irvine, Ca there was a big ring going on Tustin, El Toro and Camp Pendelton. A couple group of mustangs on El Toro at the barracks were real nice, almost too nice. Turns out there were two corporals and one Lance Corporal that had three quadcons full of stolen rims, cowl hoods, heads, injectors, carbs. They finally got caught when they got stupid and started hitting and taking wheels off new cars at local dealerships. The area police already had an idea it was someone military because all the thefts were around and on military bases. Evidently they'd pull the stuff off people's cars right in their driveway. My cobra was always garaged in town otherwise mine may have been a victim. I heard they all got bad conduct discharges, but not sure what else they got. friggin' theives :mad:

I agree!! I had my Grand National stolen from the front of my house last year!! I had the car for 6 years and I payed 15,000 in 1996 for it. I was pissed until I got a check for 13,700 from insurance and went out and bought a new Lightning to ease my pain. :dp:

Re: VP sailor Retired out of VP 69

ABQ Lightning said:
I retired out of VP 69 1997.

ABQ,
Did you by chance know ADCS Tony Martinez. He had a Red Supercharged Lightning. He was at NAS Glenview and NAS JRB Willow Grove PA

;f

Cant forget about me!

I am stationed at Ramstein AB in Germany. I leave here in 3 weeks and head to Keesler AFB, MS for 2 months then PCS to Vandenberg AFB, CA in Jan 04.

Who said Soju! Been there and done that but cant remember much of it! Good times from what I can remember!

mmmmmmmmm.....Soju...

packers are coming on the 6th of November to get my stuff then I guess I will pull the ranger with the L all the way back to Florida and fly my happy butt on over to Korea....Maybe I will be back around the end of September for my midtour to hit up LFest 04. If not I will be sure to hit it up in 05.

Wow i didnt realize how many military L owners there are . im glad to see that. ive only got one year in service, people look at me kinda weird when the y see an e-3 driving an L, but i think that i work my butt off for that truck. :D But recently ive been looking into going to the AF Academy, but i heard that you cant drive out there your first 2 years in school and i would have to sell my truck. and that just sucks!!!

;f :sfus: :db: :dp:

*SVT*girlie* said:
But recently I've been looking into going to the AF Academy

;f :sfus: :db: :dp:
Don't do that, spend 4 years as an enlisted, then go to OTS. You will get O-1E pay, it is substantially more than an regular O-1. That is what I am doing.:D

Bubba

hehe im too impatient!!! plus its like the only time in my life that i actually have a chance to go to a really good school.. and i wont get destracted..

SSG Woodys2000 Good luck on the board!

Michael [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey bro I have already got picked up by the board I'm just waiting on my sequence number to roll by to pin it on. Oh and my ANCOC date. But thanks anyway. Good luck to you for your 6 packet.;f

Re: funny! Dont you think

REDSVT150 said:
I think its funny you screw with peoples heads and your wifr tries to fix them.

Yes it is kind of funny! Before I became a Drill I was and still am an Airborne Infantryman. So everyone use to tell me I married her for my own mental need because I jump out of perfectly good aircraft in flight. Of course if they think those things are perfectly good aircraft they need mental help.:D

Hey good luck at ANCOC

Woodys2000 said:
SSG Woodys2000 Good luck on the board!

Michael

Hey bro I have already got picked up by the board I'm just waiting on my sequence number to roll by to pin it on. Oh and my ANCOC date. But thanks anyway. Good luck to you for your 6 packet.;f [/B][/QUOTE]

Mybe we will be in class togeter phase 1... sence I work at the ANCOC here I cant attend Phase 1 here... Good news is I'm tring to get them to send me to HI. That would be blasing the way if I pulled it off.

I am in the Mojave Desert for the moment, be on the coast near Santa Barbara hopefully by the end of the month. For the moment I am the lone Lightning in the area.

I am stationed in Spangdahlem AB in Germany, right next to MMJM536. I am leaving here too. :db: :db: I can't wait. I am going to Edwards AFB. Back to Cali ;t . Hey Martin did you send your truck back yet? I sent mine last week. I miss it already. but it will be there when I get there. Later.

-Tony

11 year active duty Navy Aircrewman here at Tinker, AFB, Oklahoma. Not a paying member of NLOC yet, so I can't help much with the group. It's good to see all the other military folks on here, though (especially the squids).
Matt Waxenfelter
AT1(AW/SS/NAC), USN

Does AFROTC count? I'm in my second year at Arizona State and I'm going to be a contract cadet next year. Going flying when I'm done, if everything works out. ;f

Re: Re: funny! Dont you think

Woodys2000 said:
REDSVT150 said:
I think its funny you screw with peoples heads and your wifr tries to fix them.

Yes it is kind of funny! Before I became a Drill I was and still am an Airborne Infantryman. So everyone use to tell me I married her for my own mental need because I jump out of perfectly good aircraft in flight. Of course if they think those things are perfectly good aircraft they need mental help.:D

I've been a crewchief on CH-46E helicopters for the past 9 years and have had plenty of force recon jump out of the back of my aircraft. Are they perfect?? he#% no they're not!! but they are reliable and proven. I've had my fair share of fires, hydraulic failures and one crash, but I'm still here. Either I'm just lucky or someone has been watching over me real good. Sometimes I think the things are more reliable than my cobra?.

i was never really comfortable flying in phrog. but, of course i was a huey crewchief. sometimes i wasnt comfortable flying in a huey either, especially if there was some boot pilot at the controls. but it is true. these airframes are proven, old as piss but very reliable.

z

Back