Military L Owners

ssgkeg

I have run into alot of L owners on this site and on the bases that I go to. I am stationed at the Air Base in Little Rock AR, but work for NGB (National Guard Bureau) as a trainer. I spend alot of time on differnt bases trough-out the U.S.

since we are so prone to moving every couple of years, why dont we look at forming some sort of chapter. or at the least an Icon next to our member name.

Though thier is a few L's on the Air Base I have yet to locate them. (not that I spend my limited free time playing detective). Knowing of move coming up, it would be great to now of a list of owners in my new area.

What do you think?

FORD LIGHTING-it's a HOOHA thing

I'm stationed in LR but on tdy in kuwait at the moment. Theres a couple other gen2's on base also. Theres used to be another black gen1 with some yellow on it, but I havent seen her around in awhile. A few of the guys are lookin at forming an arkansas chapter.

Thats Me

I wanted some thing to stand out., I put the L in the shop in Jan Didn't get it back until May. I bought a new truck for every drive. When do you return? Their looking at sending a few of use as advisor's soon.

I'm scheduled to leave here in mid november but it could get pushed back. What year and color truck do you have? Get hold of FRANK5L on this board and he can fill you in with what he is tryin to get goin.

I know what you mean when you have to PCS.
I was in Germany and lucky enough that it was long before I had my Lightning, transportation and storage would have been big dollars.
I am now in my 18th year with the USAR and greatful I dont have to move so regularly anymore.
In the past there have been a few military related topics and I feel we have a good presence here.
MSG O'Donal.

Military Local Club!

Hi to all,;w

I think the idea of a military "local chapter" is a great one! If you will come up with the following, we will set up you own section on the local club area:
  • Chapter Name
  • The name of 10 paid NLOC members
  • The name of your section's moderator

FYI:
I was in the USAF from 1961-1969
363 TRW (Cuban Missile Crisis) (1962-1969)
TARC USAF Test Projects (1963-1969):
Honeywell-Helmet Sight (now on almost all types of aircraft)
See Fast
Honeywell-CAPA
CBS Labs-Data Link System
Raytheon-High Res, millimeter waveguide, radar
TI-SLR (one of the first)
and on, and on.....

...Dwight...

Im in boys, Im stationed at New River NC and I know of a couple of prior Marines that have L's. We could keep it active and reserv. only or go for active and retired. I work on Cobra helicopters and I was thinking of a photo shoot with the L in the middle of two Cobras with some sort of caption as my log in picture just havent gotten to it yet. Im sure if we get at least 10 people interested then If not someone else Ill give my name to run the chapter. Lets just keep in touch and see how many we can get interested. ;f

I am up for it too. Sounds like something good to get us military guys together or at least keep in touch. I am stationed out here in Holloman AFB in New Mexico and I am trying to work something out to get a pic of my black L with the F-117 before I move on to Korea.

Hey ssgkeg. I dont know how long you plan on being in the LR area, but we have just started a local (AR) NLOC chapter.

A few of our chapter members are stationed at LRAFB.

I'm military at Little Rock AFB also.
I got 3 Gen 2's:D

Hey ssgkeg, lets get together.

holla,

Bubba

Last edited:
Fastazz351,
28 years, thats alot of sacrifice. I wont make it that far.
Once I am holding my 20 yr letter I will be rethinking my schedule.
BIG D,
thats a good Idea, we will see how many are interested in time.

Military Ideal

Well I've got a few more PCS's left in me so I'm hoping we can pull something off as far as getting some sort of chapter or member ID. I was not aware of a paid status in this club, I'll be looking into adding that to my budget just as soon as I get the information on how to do so.

fastcat83 said:
Count me in as well. I am staioned at RobinsAFB, GA and would love to see a military chapter.:tu:

Trevis

Ill be at Robins on Monday brother! I was stationed there for 6 1/2 years. We will have to meet up. I will be in the silver L. Do you know Dan, AKA LIGHTNINGROD?

Bubba

looks like we have enough to start

Quote from gen 1 page,,,(Well I've got a few more PCS's left in me so I'm hoping we can pull something off as far as getting some sort of chapter or member ID. I was not aware of a paid status in this club, I'll be looking into adding that to my budget just as soon as I get the information on how to do so.) (DONE)

For those in AR. e-mail me at... ssgkeg@hotmail.com (or) tony.kegley@pec.ngb.army.mil

So we can get the ball rolling. set up a meeting day.

For those out side of AR. but in the military or interested in the military chap. send me an e-mail just the same with location. I'll forward all of this on-to NLOC once we have a count of interested folks. Due to my mission (military) I will not be able to keep up the managment side of this for an extended pieord of time.

Looks as if we have alot of Military folks

On the gen II side are several more folks that are interested in the ideal.. for those who are e-mail me at ssgkeg@hotmail.com (or) tony.kegley@pec.ngb.army.mil with your location so we can get the ball rolling. I wont be able to a manager of the chapter (or how its called) but I will do every thing I can to get it started.

FLY ARMY

hey im in!!! im at Barksdale AFB LA!!! i gotta get my NLOC membership but im so in. ive gon to little rock once i saw a siver L there in the dorms i heard that he crashed it, OUCH!!! but im actually going tup to little rock this weekend. anyone wanna meet? i got a white 99...

I am a active(somewhat) member in LOOM but I would still like to get in on this action. Unfortunately, I just received orders to korea for 1year, don't expect to see many L's over there.

Back