Its time to go Turbo!

So it didn't like 12psi:(

not really ideal time with everything going on but it seems rather dumb to put it back together just to put heads on it this winter. im really thinking a set of 11r 190 or 205s would be just what it needs. the 11R street port are really calling my name. I don't know if the CNC competition port is really necessary for my setup at the moment.

RCc5DXrl.jpg

2ItwXYzl.jpg

7CqxEj5l.jpg

PkGGTUBl.jpg

G7iOTGtl.jpg

HkpHR8hl.jpg

Last edited:
Well that sucks,but if it leads to upgrades,well - :D

You know how it goes better heads,intake,TB, and...

11R 190s on mine,street port I believe.

Hey if there's not a chunk of piston missing, chalk it up as a win!

I've never seen a head gasket blow inward before. That's a little bizarre!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

doesn't make any sense to me either but it certainly is not good.

I have a set of 190 11R, 1.6 rockers (debating 1.7's because of my stage 1 cam) , head studs, and all gaskets in my cart for summit right now, Ill measure for pushrods and hope my current ones are good but unlikely. going to give the engine a good once over before i pull the trigger. and of course i check my account this am to see if i can justify spending the money and i have some fraudulent charges so well see how that goes. dear 2020 WTF

Is #7 hole the only one blown out?

i didn't take the passenger head off yet (i popped it at 6 oclock last night, towed it home and just wanted to get the coolant out of the bad side ASAP) I pulled the plugs and they were all dry and intake runners where dry aswell. driver side appears that is the only one.

well I did a thing. trickflow 11R 190s. comp ultra pro magnum steel roller rockers. ARP studs (which nicely came with 7/16 washers but luckily im building a 351 for a friend so i stole his washers until the new ones show up). I clayed the motor to get an idea of the PTV. the valves didn't even touch my clay so....(i used a set of solid lifters i had kicking around). Measured and ordered pushrods. My old pushrods aren't even close. even my checker i made years ago wasn't long enough so i had to get a bit creative. I also milled my exhaust manifold bolts to a 7mm head to help with proper tightening around my turbo manifold because it was a bit to tight to get a socket or wrench on the bolts. I ported the lower manifold a little bit to help with feeding those beautiful CNC ported heads.

Prrr9c3l.jpg
Qy23Lg1l.jpg

HUn52XJl.jpg

wMW4fGzl.jpg

NhvqnjDl.jpg

XQwkpP5l.jpg

Adug5x7l.jpg

if1FduMl.jpg

ZrxBn1el.jpg

ltjdaESl.jpg

It will make some steam now although obviously the cam and intake will hold it back some. You don’t waste any time lol.

Man you guys need to stop and let him enjoy his pace! There's ALWAYS something holding the combo back. Always a weakest link. Otherwise, we'd all be driving 8 second tow rigs.

Sometimes you just want to do something because it's what you want to do! I personally LIKE the GT40 and think it's the most iconic piece on our trucks. If it didn't sit so tightly over the valve covers, I would never entertain a thought of changing it. Is it costing me a little power? Probably, but I doubt it's much given the rest of the combo. Do I care? Not one bit - I'll happily drive my 10 second street truck without giving that missing 30 or 40 hp much of a thought. If I changed it, then it would be the cam or the heads or the headers or the up pipe or the down pipe or the bottom end or something else would be the next thing that is holding me back. That slippery slope!

I will certainly be chasing the "next" weakest link for quite a while. The ability to "make" air will certainly make up for a bit of mismatched combo but I'll get there eventually. This was a bit a head of schedule but couldn't let the opportunity of being apart not justify an upgrade. When the time is right i'll call in a custom cam guy and I've been doing some intake research to figure out what route i'll go eventually. I'm liking what im reading about the the new Holley high ram but id be really upset if somebody thought I had an LS.

Back