Its time to go Turbo!

FlatOut

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
I've owned this truck since 2009. I bought it from my uncle who bought it new in '94. It was virtually stock in 2009 when i bought it except for some stripes. I did a TKO600, custom long bars, long tubes, cam, and MS3 Pro. The time has come to go turbo.

This build is going to be completed in stages. I'd like to have it running and dialed in on low boost to dial in the setup. Then i'll progressively turn it up as I learn what the setup likes.

Borg Warner billet S476SXE
Custom cross over and Log manifold
-2.5" stainless 16 gage cross over
-2.5" SCH 40 log manifold for strength
Tial Q Bov
On3 60mm wastegate
Fuel Injector clinic 1000s

The list will grow but for now lets get to the pictures which is what everybody actually wants to see so here you go.

2PFQyLEl.jpg

5rohGbml.jpg

5A5m0HCl.jpg

CugGazMl.jpg

rG1DRCMl.jpg

QvTATJSl.jpg

Pby1RxTl.jpg

cXeusmPl.jpg

H7mlKITl.jpg

7hPzgsrl.jpg

esDejXrl.jpg

898IzQOl.jpg

M9mhwozl.jpg

jdnGLorl.jpg

0diQk2Cl.jpg

FjybzhDl.jpg

d2puD6wl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very eager to hear about the installation, tuning, and any issues you might encounter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very nice work. Keeping the stock ECM?

I have been playing with the tune NA on the ms3 pro for a couple years. I like the software and I'm excited to see what I can do with it turbo. I've tuned a fair amount of cars on full standalones. My personal car is tuned on an AEM v2.

Your truck is also a bit of an influence for this build. Love the truck.

very, very nice stainless fab work and welding.

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. This hobby started years ago and I've grown with it. I'm a machinist (Toolmaker) by trade and a fabricator/welder by night.

I'm very eager to hear about the installation, tuning, and any issues you might encounter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've been on a stinger performance ecu long before they offered a f series one and I've made it work well. Well see what issues the turbo bring. Haha

Very nice

Ms3 pro works!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just getting started here.

Last edited:
Fantastic work! Sweet setup and I'm envious of your work environment! One skill I wish I could acquire is TIG welding. It's such an art.

I recently migrated my truck from an AEM Series 1 to the MS3 (PiMPxs).

That thing is going to be awfully sassy with the stick shift!

My plan for this weekend was to finish the crossover and route the downpipe. I'd say i got off to a pretty good start. 2 hours in the garage and things are looking promising.

ctI6tjBl.jpg

IfOvwqkl.jpg

KoUYVnMl.jpg

C6DJ9I7l.jpg

bPM9qAil.jpg

Was having a hard time getting in the groove today but got the cross over all welded up. backpurging is kind of a pain when your really not setup for it. Welding to the"chrome" that comes on the shorties made for a bit of a difficult learning curve. not my best work but it will do. Also never posted the turbo cover. I started polishing it. I'll finish it up when im done man handling it around at the end but who doesn't like a touch of shine under the hood.

iFso0sSl.jpg

R1ZFGiSl.jpg

7mxLSAol.jpg

OOdAKEHl.jpg

9VKpd23l.jpg

Manifold is now completely welded up. That schedule 40 welds so nice. The wastegate is placed and the dump is started. Well see how the plastic fender liners like the heat. I think i have plenty of distance to the master to not be an issue. I usually like an open dump so im going to start with that. Ill recirculate it if I'm not satisfied with it later. Intercooler should be here tomorrow so I can get that going. Then its oil lines. some wiring, and figure out what to do with a fuel system. Original plan was a surge tank but after doing some reading on here it sounds like the stock pumps without pressure suck the plastic sump dry so thats not looking promising.
RsTuusEl.jpg

lYgQiVEl.jpg

dfQbxk3l.jpg

ioBbicil.jpg

iBx6FrXl.jpg

I used some of the dei adhesive-backed heat reflective sheet on my inner fender and on the power steering pump neck.

Original plan was a surge tank but after doing some reading on here it sounds like the stock pumps without pressure suck the plastic sump dry so thats not looking promising.

I’m curious to know who on here has tried a surge tank to be able to have that information to give to you. I’ve never read anyone say tthey’ve tried that here that I can remember.

I’m curious to know who on here has tried a surge tank to be able to have that information to give to you. I’ve never read anyone say tthey’ve tried that here that I can remember.

If the lift side of the surge tank that fills it from the tank is recirculating without any restriction, the stock pump will definitely empty the can pretty quickly. You'd have to use a regulator or an orifice on the return line to build enough pressure to keep the stock pump in check. The plus side would be that the stock pump would have some headroom to refill the surge tank when it was being drawn down.

While I haven't done a surge tank, I did run into this when I rearranged my fuel system for the front tank to pump into the rear.

Is the interest in the surge tank to be able to keep the dual tanks?

If the lift side of the surge tank that fills it from the tank is recirculating without any restriction, the stock pump will definitely empty the can pretty quickly. You'd have to use a regulator or an orifice on the return line to build enough pressure to keep the stock pump in check. The plus side would be that the stock pump would have some headroom to refill the surge tank when it was being drawn down.

While I haven't done a surge tank, I did run into this when I rearranged my fuel system for the front tank to pump into the rear.

Is the interest in the surge tank to be able to keep the dual tanks?

when i went to a rear oem gas tank only, fuel was pumped from the front tank into a gas can by connecting 12V to the front pump and running a hose to a 2 gal gas can. approx 4 to 5 gal was pumped with the stock 125 LPH front pump and it didn't make any abnormal noises (starvation, cavitation or whatever), until the front tank was empty. as far as i could tell fuel flowed consistently the entire time with zero back-pressure on the pump. this is the only experience i have in this type of situation. so i'm somewhat perplexed. FMOS Racing how long did it take your pump to run dry during transfer of fuel from tank to tank? maybe my 2 gal can wasn't a long enough period of time for the canister to run dry.

Back