Blue Dash lights!

Wow Proto awesome job!!!

Just got my cluster today. I'm glad we can get new overlays, boy these ones are bad. I sent them a e-mail.I got both the alum. and carbon fiber look. I like the carbon one and it's about half the thickness of the alum. one. Has anyone done the reverse el-glow yet. I will probably skip the leds for the needles.
I have to say this about Speed Hut. The package they sent, they marked down the shipping value and saved me tax and duty fee's and I didn't even ask!

The led's that S.H. sent are the biggest I've seen! It looks like they have a resistor built in, does anyone know?

Proto, when you say you got a resistor to drop it to 5 volts, what kind of resistor would you get to do that? I'm not familiar with using resistors in circuitry, so any advice would be appreciated...

Lightning Steve said:
Wow Proto awesome job!!!
The led's that S.H. sent are the biggest I've seen! It looks like they have a resistor built in, does anyone know?

Yes, they have the resistors soldered on. I think installing something that big though is going to be a hassle. I was expecting a 5mm bulb.

Has anyone installed the Reverse El GLo yet? I got mine in this week but I'm a little reluctant to install mine until I see one.

I got the reverse el glow, and like it (except the color is wrong). I also got the silver flames, and the needles pick up the light from the flames, and semi-project it through the orange part of the needle. I can see it at night with no problems.

Yea i got the reverse el-glo in blue and it looks amazing at night...only recommendation i can give is to cut the clear plastic around the actual overlay itself so that the glow doesnt shine through the idiot lights at night...i would personally just trim as much of the clear plastic as possible without screwing up the structural integrity of the gauge faces

some guys said that at night the glow of the gauges doesnt show through the holes of the bezel for the idiot lights, but for some reason with mine it does, so im going to cut the clear plastic eventually

also if anyone can figure out how to use the 6 blue LEDs to show the needles at night, please post a write up of how to do it because nobody else knows how!

These pics don't do this justice by any means. It's down right bloody red in there.

Here's the overall view (yes, I know they're dark pics but in brighter light, you really can't see it well). You can get the idea-- Welcome to the Dark Side
DSC04372.jpg

You can see the blue green haze in the bezel windows in this one. That haze is much brighter and noticable in person. I'm not happy about it and I'm calling Speedhut to see what they'll do about it--
DSC04373.jpg

Another view--
DSC04374.jpg

Closeup of the radio/HVAC cluster--
DSC04375.jpg

Hm, kinda wish I'd gone thru with it now. Oh well... Maybe sometime down the road. Looks tit's bro.

Almighty that looks great!

Hate to hijack but im tryin to turn my headlight switch blue and i can seem to take it apart. Ive got the plastic cover held by the fake rivits off but now i cant get the knob shaft off....any suggestions?

The knob doesn't come off of the shaft, you have to get the whole pc board out of the housing. There are little clips on the side that hold the board in the black housing. Then you can get to the light.

My knob came off...it is just held in there very stronly....i have a billet knob on mine....its one of those times where i didnt know and i crossed my fingers and pulled.

Grimace said:
The knob doesn't come off of the shaft, you have to get the whole pc board out of the housing. There are little clips on the side that hold the board in the black housing. Then you can get to the light.

The knob does come off. You have to turn the knob to headlights (or other if foglight mod was done) and pull out like your turning on the foglights. Theres a small little eye hole or box on the opposite end of the arrow. Get a small screwdriver or something and push a small button inside the keyhole while pulling off the knob with your fingers. Takes some time, but you'll eventually get the sucker off!

QuickieF150 said:
The knob does come off. You have to turn the knob to headlights (or other if foglight mod was done) and pull out like your turning on the foglights. Theres a small little eye hole or box on the opposite end of the arrow. Get a small screwdriver or something and push a small button inside the keyhole while pulling off the knob with your fingers. Takes some time, but you'll eventually get the sucker off!

I said it doesn't come off so people wouldn't try to take it off and break it. There is absolutely no need to take it off to change the color of the light. It is just a light bulb with a green condom on it.

Back