Blue Dash lights!

AlmightyWad said:
I think you should write Speedhut and tell them you were so pissed about the gauges and frustrated with having to take the cluster out over and over that you ended up just selling the truck. :)

Hahahahahaha I don't want anyone to hang themselves over this.

00_WhtLightning said:
Struck they look good, except the gears with that sea-foam:pat:
I miss my L :(

Thanks bro! I really do HATE the green gears...I have to figure out a way to get a blue LED in there! What happened to your L?

struck2001 said:
Thanks bro! I really do HATE the green gears...I have to figure out a way to get a blue LED in there! What happened to your L?
I sold it back in March/April...2 cars on the road was getting tough. Where on LI are you?

Well, just got the overlay installed a little bit ago. I dont know what it looks like just yet with it still being light out. Installation wasnt to bad, only thing that sucked was how short the damn boost hose was going into the back of the cluster.

Overall quality leaves alot to be desired, Im still perplexed as to why they left the shift indicator out when they did the tooling. The bezel while nice, doesnt match up all that well with the overlay.

I'll fire it up later and see what it looks like.

protolightning said:
If you cut the wire that grimace said to cut to disable the sea green lights would that also disable the light for the gears?

Yes. That wire will cut the light to the gears as well.

I installed my gauges last night...it was very easy and everything was straight foreward. The quality of the gauges arnt too bad its basically just the fitment of the bezel like everyone else said. So as long as we get new bezels, we will be just fine. Setting all the needles was very easy, or I just got very lucky. I did the odo test for the rpms. I used my pioneer radio for the speed. I set the temp and oil pressure in the middle when it was warm and filled up the gas and set it a little above full like it is from the factory. So all in all everything seems to be working perfect. Will post some pics tonight....Im all blue now!

hey Proto,

How'd you wind up changing the light in the headlamp switch? Im assuming you need to solder a new led in there?

I took the green one out by cutting it with dikes and then soldered the new one with its resistor. I left the orange one in there so it still turns on with the fog lamps. It was pretty easy...it just took a good 30 minutes looking at the switch to see how it comes apart.

I talked to speedhut and they said they will be sending out the new bezels this week. You need to contact them with your origional order number and address so they can ship it to you.

protolightning said:
I talked to speedhut and they said they will be sending out the new bezels this week. You need to contact them with your origional order number and address so they can ship it to you.

Awesome! Thanks Proto,I was really starting to hate my bezel!

I dont know why the pics came out so crappy but here they are (i really suck at night shots). The pics dont do it justice. The blue is a real nice vibrant blue...in the pics they barely look blue.

PICT0294.jpg

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0296.jpg

PICT0297.jpg

PICT0298.jpg

PICT0299.jpg

PICT0301.jpg

great interior proto! you did a good job on your whole set up. I have a couple questions if you dont mind...im sure others would like to know too.

How did you get the hvac cover plate off? mine is real tight by the pass. airbag on off switch.

When you said you soldered the new blue led for the light switch on with "its resister" did you mean you bought an led with a resister already on it?

thanks for the help and keep us updated if you do any more stuff to your interior

I bought led's off ebay....and then matched it with a resistor to drop it to 5 volts. As far as the hvac..just take off the bezel, then there are the 4 t15 torx then take the plugs out and take apart the module. thats basically it.

Back