Blue Dash lights!

BringMeASunkist

has a doctorate in CRUNK
Administration Warning:

Although on the NLOC forums, this group purchase was not approved properly, and the NLOC is not responsible for the outcome of the GP.

Hey guys, I created the topic here because the old topic was getting really dead. For reference, go here:http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=115826

To sum up the information on the previous thread, we need to get a working gauge overlay and send it to a company. From there, they need a minimum of 25 orders to make a custom color gauge. The custom gauges will run about $90-110.

I have been talking to a seller who says he will sell me a brand new cluster for $300, or a used cluster that has Kms over MPH, and he did not mention a price. So do we want to try and scrape enough money to buy the $300 brand new American gauge cluster, or save the dough and go for the used European cluster? If we have 25 people wanting to buy the custom colored gauges, we would each need to pay $12.

From there, I will take the stock cluster and ship it to the company. Once they have the overlay pattern, then they will begin taking pre-orders. In your pre-order, you can specify what color you want yours to light up, wether you want mph or kph, etc. Each person can individualize their own order. The cost is $99+8 for shipping. The total here is going to be $120.

And so you guys know I'm keeping this honest:
This is the stock cluster seller:
http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc272&image=72204_gauges.JPG

Here is the email I recieved from the custom gauges company:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1805/smouth9fq.jpg

Let me know if you guys are interested, and if so, how we would want to go about setting this up. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0220.jpg

********EDITOR'S NOTE: see post #11

Showing support:
*PAID* 1. Me, BringMeASunkist
*PAID* 2. typhoon43 (through PM- http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc260&image=37222_typhoon43.JPG)
*PAID* 3. lightitup (for red)
*PAID* 4. GreasedL
*PAID* 5. Grimace (for purple)
*PAID* 6. 203Cree (for red)
*PAID* 7. cpmckean
*PAID* 8. CrazyCarl
*PAID* 9. struck2001
*PAID* 10. Super Zor (from PM- http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc13&image=37158_drivinfst.JPG)
*PAID* 11. protolightning
*PAID* 12. drivinfst (from PM- http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4260/drivinfst8uy.jpg)
*PAID* 13. Bam (for red)
*PAID* 14. Lightning Steve (for kmh)
*PAID* 15. AlmightyWad (for red)
*PAID* 16. raider1245
*PAID* 17. Tampa99SVT
*PAID* 18. davesvt00 (for red)
*PAID* 19. RyanBLWNSVT
*PAID* 20. USMCgungho5
*PAID* 21. bigtime41
*PAID* 22. Silver Arrow
*PAID* 23. fubu85
*PAID* 24. 1fst54
*PAID* 25. Boston Blackie
*PAID* 26. Robnozz

Alright guys, we have reached our 25 people. If you are still in, PM me and I will start delivering my address for checks or if somebody could enlighten me on how to recieve money on paypal, i'll start doing that. I do have an account, but do not know how to use it. But I cannot stress enough: no cash please. With cash, you do not have a record of ever sending it. Refer to post 11 about cash problems.

Another important note: if you send check, please include in the envelope a piece of paper with your NLOC forum name on it so I can keep updaing this page with who has and has not paid. I will also PM to let you know your payment has been recieved. If you send the money through paypal, please write your NLOC forum name in the "note" section so that I know who has and has not paid and can PM you to let you know your payment has been recieevd, as well as update the front page.

Thanks a lot guys!

LATEST NEWS: We have reached our goal of 25 orders! They have begun tooling the gauges and soon the sexiest trucks ever will look so much better!

Please refer to post #365, or here for the latest on our status: http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/175/illuminatedneedles8gt.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I am DEFINITELY interested and I'm down for whatever we need to do to get this thing rolling...sunkist when you come up with the idea and how we're gonna get everything together, PM me and everyone else who said they're interested and we can paypal you the money..thanks bro

Everybody do their best at searching for a non-working gauge cluster...once we have that, then we can collect our money and go from there? How does that sound?

GresedL, that sounds liek a grand plan. I have been searching a lot lately. Can't find anything. In the meantime though, we just need 25 people to say theyre in. When that time comes, then we can start asking people to send in money.

But we are going to need to spread the word about this. I am going to check out other forums. If you want, please do to. Lets try to keep this fairly well organized, and tell them that if it isn't too much trouble, that they could register here and post that they want one.

And Grimace, people have been asking about Red gauges. If we can do red, we can probably do purple for ya

Last edited:
I think the way that we should go about buying the cluster is that once we get 25 people's support, then I will ask for the money. To keep it legit, I will ask for $12 checks, and only cash the checks when I go ahead and order the cluster. Or if I can figure out how to use PayPall better, you guys can wire me the money, and that way you have an electronic receipt so you know I'm not making a giant scam online. Once I have recieved payment, I will send you a PM or an email to let you know that you are in, as well as post it by your name on the list in the first post.

If you guys wish to go about sending me money in any other way, than please discuss it with me through email or PMs. I am not asking for cash however, since 1. the envelope can be stolen in the mail, never reach me, and you have no record of ever sending it. 2. So you guys know that I am not stealing the money and claiming #1 happened.

If anybody is concerned about the honesty of this deal, please contact me and we can discuss it.

Of course, all transactions like this have to be approved by the sites admins. Now I have no idea about how to go about this, so if any admin comes across this thread, and has a problem, please PM me. If it is approved, please PM me. If any admin would like in on this deal, show your support here!

********NOTE: I will be making a list and adding to it on post number 1 to show who is part of the 25 members wanting a cluster. Once you are on that list, I will go back and start asking for payments when we hit #25. Youre name will not be added to the list until you verbalize your support

Last edited:
I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but, I 'm not loosing any sleep over $12.00. Afterall, if you screw us, we know where you live. ( As well as what you drive.) LOL

Right now, I do not have a need for the cluster. I was trying to help out in a search for one. IF things turn around and I can get another Gen 2, I would definately be interested, in blue. As far as the color, this is just the light up color we are talking about, right? Not the actual face color?

I am also still interested in a blue cluster, in KPH, in Canada eh!
As for a test cluster to send in, does it mater if it's in MPH or KPH? They should be able to make both, they just need the pattern and lay out, the speed shouldn't mater for this.
I am willing to chip in to buy a test one, if they later can make a KPH one.

Boston Blackie said:
I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but, I 'm not loosing any sleep over $12.00. Afterall, if you screw us, we know where you live. ( As well as what you drive.) LOL

Haha. I guess you're right

PFA said:
As far as the color, this is just the light up color we are talking about, right? Not the actual face color?

That is correct. On a stock overlay, you have the white face gauges, and behind that is a semi-transparent sea-green color attatched. Instead of having sea-green, we are having the color of our choice.

Lightning Steve said:
I am also still interested in a blue cluster, in KPH, in Canada eh!
As for a test cluster to send in, does it mater if it's in MPH or KPH? They should be able to make both, they just need the pattern and lay out, the speed shouldn't mater for this.
I am willing to chip in to buy a test one, if they later can make a KPH one.

Honestly Steve, it looks like the group turned away from Kph and went towards mph. If youre still intrested, let us know!

Back