Blue Dash lights!

Well i have the reverse el-glo gauges also, and those ideas sound great..once you get everything installed, let me know exactly what you did and such if you get it to work! good luck!

Grimace said:
Sunkist, I just typed in purple 3mm led and it came up with a company out of Japan that was selling them cheap with free resistors. I don't remember the name, but it was really cheap. I think it was a buck for the led's, and 11 bucks shipping. Not bad imho.

hey buddy, where did you type that in at? japan, ebay, or something else?

Lightning Steve, I have a little situation on my hands. I do not have the know-how to light up these needles. So I am planning on taking to a custom shop over in Texas: JR Custom Autos in Irving. Thing is, I have to buy a new cluster, like what we bought in the beginning of this project, for the new cluster.

203Cree hooked me up with one for cheap, so I bought it. The shop in TX told me there is a risk of blowing the circuit board in trying to do all of this. So what I plan to do is give them a try. If they blow the circuit board, I have another circuit board from the cluster I bought earlier.

I have all the pieces now. I am just out of state for school so I won't be able to work on this until Thanksgiving. If they work this out, anybody who is holding out for Reverse EL can all get it. I imagine that all you have to do is send them your cluster and they take care of it, they may even cover the shipping charge if enough people try this. Once they figure out how, it should be easy from then on.

I'll give them an extra incentive to do good beforehand by telling them more people are interested, if in fact, more people are. So that's the route I am taking. And anybody can hop on.

Two cons though. 1) Shipping in your cluster will leave you without gauges for a short bit. 2) You will have to wait for Thanksgiving for this to even begin.

So let me know if you, or anybody else is interested

something i havent heard a lot of input on, is how the new gauge overlays look. i was/ have still been away since they came in, and do not know. Just heard they're in. So what does everybody think about them?

I never got mine, but honestly it's not worth it to me to take everything back off to change it. I know some people said the tape ruined their overlays when they removed the old bezel.

I love mine......it looks great with the new bezel. Took awhile to set the needles back but i got it done. When i took the original bezel off it ruined my gauges so they sent me new ones. The new ones fit perfectly with the bezel. Couldnt be happier!

protolightning said:
I love mine......it looks great with the new bezel. Took awhile to set the needles back but i got it done. When i took the original bezel off it ruined my gauges so they sent me new ones. The new ones fit perfectly with the bezel. Couldnt be happier!

hey thats awesome news. im glad they had good customer service, after this disater

I just saw all this.....I was one of the originals in the gp and did hear all of this. My truck has been in the shop for the turbo upgrade and I haven't even pulled the gauge cluster ou tof the box. What do I need to do to get a new bezel? And I have to change all the lights out in the steering and HAvC to LEDS or is it one LED that changes them all? Cliff notes anyone? A nice how to would be great with pictures since I am a dumb *****

1fst54 said:
I just saw all this.....I was one of the originals in the gp and did hear all of this. My truck has been in the shop for the turbo upgrade and I haven't even pulled the gauge cluster ou tof the box. What do I need to do to get a new bezel? And I have to change all the lights out in the steering and HAvC to LEDS or is it one LED that changes them all? Cliff notes anyone? A nice how to would be great with pictures since I am a dumb *****

Hidden in this thread are how-tos on how to do most of the things yo seek, like the changing of all the interior lights- thank Grimace for most all of it.

As for the new bezel, contact Speedhut through email or call them, and ask for one. They were retty friendly with us, but that was about a month or 2 ago. Hopefully they havent washed their hands of us just yet.

Good luck, buddy. And if somebody has the time to seek out all the how tos and present them in post, it would make life simplier, but thats just lazy talk for most. So again, good luck

finally got to installing the gauges. and im not to happy with it. Im thinking about just taking them out again but I dont wanna screw around with the Needles. I dont know. The are not to bad but just not what I wanted.

ill post pics soon

Haha, I should have taken pictures when I put them in for him. His are the reverse glow, red illumination with black face and a carbon fiber look bezel. I think it looks killer. He said he has trouble seeing the needles at night, but I bet he's gotten used to it by now.

Back