Things are starting to come together

I got bad news jeff....Cecil is in God's country... There is nothing around it. There's a couple gas stations and I think a Subway.... other than that, it's 95 and corn fields.... I think 2 yrs ago Glen stayed over the night before, but I'm not sure where he stayed

Yea I stayed at a best western. Wasn't bad had a ton of points that paid for it. Great pizza in the area.

I come up 301 from just a few miles into va.

Good seafood places in Northeast, like 10 minutes from Cecil. Woodys Crab Shack comes to mind.

I hear ya, but I do wish I would have gone previously. It is good motivation and with the renewed interest in NLOC I hope there’s a lot of new faces.

When and where? Most guys drive their Lightning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good seafood places in Northeast, like 10 minutes from Cecil. Woodys Crab Shack comes to mind.

Woodys Crab Shack is awesome. Haven’t been there in like 14-15 years. Hope they make it thru this part of history. I may plan on a trip out east later this year for some fresh seafood.

Nobody local had the pan gasket so I’ve been waiting on my Summit order. Didn’t get here ‘till later this evening. Hopefully it’s all buttoned back up by tomorrow night or Saturday.

In the meantime I was looking for the top radiator mount pushing. LMC wants $26.00 each! Found these OEM ones on eBay for $6.00 and $8.00.

131beb7c64f99b9f7a17021f4b39a51e.jpg

So I figured I'd post sort of an update. One of my biggest problems has been a good place to work on my truck. Our garage had two small single doors which just made moving stuff around a PITA. On top of that we had too much sheet stored in the garage. So a buddy of mine who is a GC sent over some of his guys to demo the old doors and header and install a new header with a 16x7 door. I wanted a larger door, but I did not feel like waiting for anything custom plus once COVID is done dorking up the economy I am looking at building a proper 30x30 two story shop.

Anyway everything is done except for the door, it will go in Monday. Also ordered a bunch of T8 fixtures and 5000K LED bulbs (got recommendations from good ole Garage Journal https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278420). Installed one today after a MAJOR junk purge and wow these suckers are bright! Floor will be cleaned and coated in the coming weeks, but I want to get the truck back together before doing that.

Here it is waiting on the door.

header-in.jpg

I put a bunch of LEDs in my current garage and I'm so happy with them! For the money and ease and load, they're pretty dang awesome!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I put 10 4ft led's in the new garage but I did a retrofit on the 8ft lights in the old garage since those had died. You can see a huge difference.
612ca341a204b8a1f117d41e420adadf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Glen, what did you use for the 8 footers? I have a bunch of 8ft and want to change over. High jack started,BTW!

When I did my fixtures I compared the lumen output of those LED bulbs to that of the fluorescent bulbs and the LED bulbs weren’t close. I went with the higher output fluorescent bulbs.

Mine were right at 310 lumens with older ready to die 150watt bulbs. The new 72 watt leds 680. Both measured at bench level. 4 bulbs 2 fixtures are super bright in a 24x22 garage.

But the old bulbs were 12 years old.

I ordered these from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBNXRBG/?tag=aymo-20

But check your ends. I think there are 3 different kinds. But really simple.
I liked these because they have an aluminum rib on the back. Others with just a plastic housing can sag over time.

If you have any issues let me know.

Same ends mine have. Have read about the sagging problem. Keeping the ballasts makes for an easy swap,but I'd really like to get rid of them. Tired of the noise.

Back