Things are starting to come together

I had a problem similar to this with the Cadillac. To clear a 15" wheel, you need around a 11" rotor. Pretty small. Guys were using a Sprinter rotor and still struggling to get it to work and be worth the effort...

Yeah, the problem is, at least what I could find, is that none of the brake companies make an 11" rotor with a 5x5.5" bolt pattern. If you look at how far out that BP is on the hat it is probably for strength that they do not do it. Anyway the brakes I have are a 12.19" rotor and after the caliper is mounted need 14.34" diameter to clear. I spoke with Ricky Bogart and he said the 3 piece (expensive) wheels they make do not have the extra material in the barrel of the wheel like the welded RT's do and will clear 14.34" with 0.200" to spare. So it all goes back to the wheels.

Jonathan, ah OK yeah I've seen Dillon's kits on FB. I don't think they will not clear 15" wheels either.

I had a problem similar to this with the Cadillac. To clear a 15" wheel, you need around a 11" rotar. Pretty small. Guys were using a Sprinter rotar and still struggling to get it to work and be worth the effort...

This is the reason why Todd at TCE told me that with 15 inch wheels going to a rear disc setup wouldn’t give much benefit over the stock rear drum brakes.

Yeah, the problem is, at least what I could find, is that none of the brake companies make an 11” rotor with a 5x5.5” bolt pattern. If you look at how far out that BP is on the hat it is probably for strength that they do not do it. Anyway the brakes I have are a 12.19" rotor and after the caliper is mounted need 14.34" diameter to clear. I spoke with Ricky Bogart and he said the 3 piece (expensive) wheels they make do not have the extra material in the barrel of the wheel like the welded RT's do and will clear 14.34" with 0.200" to spare. So it all goes back to the wheels.

Did you ask Bogart if the three piece wheel was as strong as the ones you have? When I ordered those wheels from Bogart I specified that I wanted a wheel strong enough for daily driving because most of their wheels are super lightweight and there designed for racing only.

This is the reason why Todd at TCE told me that with 15 inch wheels going to a rear disc setup wouldn’t give much benefit over the stock rear drum brakes.

Did you ask Bogart if the three piece wheel was as strong as the ones you have? When I ordered those wheels from Bogart I specified that I wanted a wheel strong enough for daily driving because most of their wheels are super lightweight and there designed for racing only.

I did not! Good call I will ask.

Went to roll it outside and the rear tires were rubbing on the inner fender wells. So I popped a 1/4 spacer on each side and everything clears. After simply rolling it outside the front end seems to have settled and it is almost perfectly level. So as long as there’s no rear tire rubbing when I drive or launch it then I am good with the stance.

I did get on the rear bumper and bounce it really hard and one time I think I got it to hit the bump stop or the shocks bottomed out. But now that its weight is on the ground I can measure for shocks and get the Stifflers bars installed. Plus torque everything else down.

c823c9cb244db959da947403a1f0a11f.jpg

baf5ada6fa208570b7db7ac1282eb06d.jpg

I drove around on chrome steel ten holes in back and put the Bogarts on for the track. The Bogarts I had would bend if you sneezed near them.

Looking good, Raymond!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I drive around on chrome steel ten holes in back and put the Bogarts on for the track. The Bogarts I had would bend if you sneezed near them.

Looking good, Raymond!

Thanks Jeff! Yeah I need to see what it looks like with the polished stockers on it.

Should have been "drove" past tense since I was referring to the big block truck.

Thses %$*&#@# wheels LOL. Tonight I was looking at the front caliper clearance to the wheel spokes, it's only like 0.025” Ordered a set of Baer 0.125" spacers.

Last edited:
Thses %$*&#@# wheels LOL. Tonight I was looking at the front caliper clearance to the wheel spokes, it's only like 0.25". Ordered a set of Baer 0.125" spacers.

I would think .25 is plenty. I ran a set of welds on the front of my car and a credit card wouldn't fit between the spokes and had no issues even when hot.

I saw Dillon's work at Charlotte. Very nice cosmetics!

As of now I can only speak to the cosmetics as Jeff noted and amazing instructions. These instructions are the best I've seen in YEARS maybe ever. Everything with this kit has been very well thought out. I'm really looking forward to getting this truck out of storage and working on it again!

Knocked out a bunch of little things today with it under full weight. Front axle pivot bolts torqued, loomed up my trans wiring in high heat aluminized loom from the trans up, driveshaft installed with Strange HD ubolts (damn things are pricey), and measured front and rear shock lengths at rest. Also started it up for the 1st time in like a month. Should have had the prop valve on, but I ordered the wrong size adapter for the brake line… Hopefully Summit will have one tomorrow. Need to bleed the brakes, get the emergency brake cables hooked up, put front wheel spacers on, put gear oil in it, and get the spindle nuts tightened down and it should be ready for a test drive.

0e706d5ba623e79266cb0fdfce3f2896.jpg

9baaae38c509953373f6a9e837f5b10d.jpg

Hey Ray, I don't know how you bleed brakes but I have a great hack. Starting passenger rear, place a tight fitting hose on bleeder. Have hose long enough to be submerged in a bottle of brake fluid filled about and inch from bottom. I like to use a clear liter water bottle with a hole in cap to fit tight on hose connected to bleeder. Hose must be submerged. Open bleeder, top off master and pump the peddle until you have clean fluid. Close bleeder and move to the next. Guaranteed to not let air in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Raymond are going to try Spookfest again this year? I need to get signed up!

Hey Ray, I don't know how you bleed brakes but I have a great hack. Starting passenger rear, place a tight fitting hose on bleeder. Have hose long enough to be submerged in a bottle of brake fluid filled about and inch from bottom. I like to use a clear liter water bottle with a hole in cap to fit tight on hose connected to bleeder. Hose must be submerged. Open bleeder, top off master and pump the peddle until you have clean fluid. Close bleeder and move to the next. Guaranteed to not let air in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thanks Jonathan! I actually have one of these https://amzn.to/2WQpcjC

Hey Jeff, I plan on it, not sure if the truck will be all ready or not, hey I've only had a year :sigh: But I do want to see and hang out with everyone, plus my Bogarts might be moving back up north LOL

Back