Things are starting to come together

I will get some dimensions for you. It's Shop Queen on insta. He is on FB also.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

All fixed LOL. I’m going to need to get a hub ring to keep the drum from chattering, but this will let me get it on the ground and moving under its own power.

25d917aa932162e7517c5b87a4dc29ba.jpg

Ray they sent some hub rings with my kit. I don’t need them. What OD/ID do you need I’ll check what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn’t make the axles with the right hub diameter?

Yes, but then the register would be too big for the rotors. Pretty much all disc brake people run 3.06” or smaller rotor register. Nobody makes a rotor (in what I wanted) for the giant truck register. So easier to run an adapter for drums.

Yes, but then the register would be too big for the rotors. Pretty much all disc brake people run 3.06” or smaller rotor register. Nobody makes a rotor (in what I wanted) for the giant truck register. So easier to run an adapter for drums.

Couldn’t you just have the rotor opened up?

I guess either machine the rotor or make a spacer. I wanted the spacer that way when I replace rotors (due to wear) I don’t have to go through it all again.

I guess your looking at it from a disc brake perspective and I’m looking at it from a drum brake perspective.

I wonder how often the rear discs would need to be replaced? Rear brakes usually last much longer then fronts.

I guess your looking at it from a disc brake perspective and I’m looking at it from a drum brake perspective.

I wonder how often the rear discs would need to be replaced? Rear brakes usually last much longer then fronts.

Yeah exactly lol.

Alright, still a lot of work to do, but got it back on all 4 wheels for now. It is absolutely lower than before especially in the rear and it has a slight rake in the wrong direction for my taste. However as I was bouncing the front end I could hear the tires scrubbing a bit on the floor so hopefully those front springs will settle a bit, if not I will raise it one notch in the rear shackle.

I need to push it outside and clean it up (along with all my trucks, the garage, and the yard so no judging! LOL) to get better pics, but here is how it is now. I think the pics make it look higher in the front than it really is.

20210829_000136687_iOS.jpg

20210829_000056292_iOS.jpg

20210829_000034268_iOS.jpg

Jonathan, ah OK yeah I've seen Dillon's kits on FB. I don't think they will not clear 15" wheels either.

Jonathan, ah OK yeah I've seen Dillon's kits on FB. I don't think they will not clear 15" wheels either.

I had a problem similar to this with the Cadillac. To clear a 15" wheel, you need around a 11" rotar. Pretty small. Guys were using a Sprinter rotar and still struggling to get it to work and be worth the effort...

Back