Things are starting to come together

I'd look into getting nice bolt on hub-centric spacers done. As long as you're not in the bodywork, there's nothing wrong with that as an installation.

Most people don't understand how the lugs work - the bolts themselves don't carry much shear load. The load is carried by the friction between the back of the wheel and the mating surface. As long as you can come to torque, there will be no difference in the the clamping force no matter how wide the spacer is.

I wouldn't stack multiple spacers for any kind of permanent installation (I know that's not your plan; I'm just putting that out there for anyone who might be reading this). At some point you do start to turn the stud into a lever. Bolt-on spacers take this into account and are a single piece.

Well I went in the garage tonight with plans to either make this work with 1/2” of spacers or ruin a caliper.

Sadly it was the latter.

It’s simply the wheels, so I am thinking about these Bogart 3pc and selling my Welded RTs. Obviously there’d be no engraving on no the beadlock LOL.

For now I think I’ll just put the drums on, stock size rear tire would be like ice skates.

921af1342f3b4a5930ffc07572336557.jpg

Ray,
If you sell your current wheel set up, let me know. I may be ready for a different look and I’ve got a set of race stars and gen 2 chromes that I may sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray,
If you sell your current wheel set up, let me know. I may be ready for a different look and I’ve got a set of race stars and gen 2 chromes that I may sell.

Will do David, I have one person lined up, but I will put you down as 2nd :)

Just went back and looked at my order. Front wheels are 18x5 with 2.5” backspace. You can see a good profile view on the last picture that I posted on my thread.
If you went with a 4.5” wheel a 2” backspace would give you the same look/distance from fender.

Just went back and looked at my order. Front wheels are 18x5 with 2.5” backspace. You can see a good profile view on the last picture that I posted on my thread.
If you went with a 4.5” wheel a 2” backspace would give you the same look/distance from fender.

Thanks Gary, just got a quote from Bogart. He says the 3 piece should clear by about 0.200" which is plenty. ** However the wheels are $650.00 each for the front and $1107.00 each for the rear once I buy tires, lug nuts, and find someone I trust to mount the tires it'll be over $5K. Drums are looking pretty good right now LOL.

Thanks Gary, just got a quote from Bogart. He says the 3 piece should clear by about 0.200" which is plenty. ** However the wheels are $650.00 each for the front and $1107.00 each for the rear once I buy tires, lug nuts, and find someone I trust to mount the tires it'll be over $5K. Drums are looking pretty good right now LOL.

Someone told you that a year ago…..

Someone told you that a year ago…..

I don't remember $5K for wheels discussion. I FOR SURE remember you telling me to not run discs, I will still run them eventually and to be honest I want beadlocks and a narrow front tire for my drag wheel setup. Just not right this moment!

I just made it through all of that. Not easy for sure. I went with the smaller diameter discs though. Not only the cost of wheels but also the cost of the brakes made me play it safe. I’m sorry yours didn’t work out! There’s always an excuse to upgrade though.

Yeah Jamie, it certainly snowballs!

Thanks Gary, problem with the smaller brakes is that they don’t offer them in 5x5.5” bolt pattern. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too which is why this is difficult:) although if I hadn’t of kept everything to the stock specs I would not have been able to run the drum brakes.

Yeah Jamie, it certainly snowballs!

Thanks Gary, problem with the smaller brakes is that they don’t offer them in 5x5.5” bolt pattern. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too which is why this is difficult:) although if I hadn’t of kept everything to the stock specs I would not have been able to run the drum brakes.

That’s understandable. There’s only so many options and it’s always hard to make choices!

That’s understandable. There’s only so many options and it’s always hard to make choices!

Ray I know you bought those really nice brakes. Is there a chance that the SN95 rear disc conversion would clear your current set up?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ray I know you bought those really nice brakes. Is there a chance that the SN95 rear disc conversion would clear your current set up?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I guess it's always possible, but I have no experience with those. I have a buyer(s) for my wheels, I just have to slow down and think about this :)

Back