PiMPxs (MS3)

I'm mainly on e85

And boost alot. So never saw good mpgs lololololololol

I swapped cause batch made my cam sound like doo doo

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Probably worth mentioning that it'll get over 20 mpg if I keep it below 65 mph. The load stays more in the lean cruise sweet spot.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Jeff, are you pulling MPG figures from datalogs or simply calculating from gallons used at fillup?

Numbers from datalogs. I intend to verify them when I drive to Spookfest, but it's pretty reasonable given gauge movement. My thought, having done some controls work, is that the ECU has a pretty clear idea of how much fuel it's using.

Last edited:
i've debated the 3.73 swap on mine as well as my highway RPM is not good. 80 is a tad over 3k with the 4.10s and the .82 road race TKO. I tend to keep my speeds about 70 which is like 2500/2600ish. I usually get about 13mpg ish on my normal driving around town which is about all its ever gotten even before the PIMPXS.

Numbers from datalogs. I intend to verify them when I drive to Spookfest, but it's pretty reasonable given gauge movement. My thought, having done some controls work, is that the ECU has a pretty clear idea of how much fuel it's using.

OK solid, yeah the ECU definitely knows fuel pressure, injector size, pulsewidths, etc, etc

I do not have any super long extended trips logged, but mine looks to be around 12 or so LOL

I get smiles per gallon so im super stoked

Oh yeah, my data logs are full of smileys

Happy-DL.JPG

Coast clutch definitely isn't applying in 3rd with OD off. I don't know which Solenoid Number it is in TunerStudio to test it to see if it's the solenoid, my wiring or the programming. Applies fine in second (valve body applies it in 2nd and first), so it's not the clutch itself.

I'm just picky and want it all. Performance and efficiency!

I’m with you Jeff, I don’t expect a lot of efficiency but I’m going to squeeze it for what I can. I have the Quick 4 and it allows me to set different transmission tunes and use a switch to change between them. Since I do a lot of freeway travel in AZ it should help a bit.

1994 Black #1077
CI 351 H rods DSS TW pistons
Trick Flow 170s
Bassani 1 5/8” headers
KB 1.5L Supercharger
Meth Injection
Coil Near Plug
PiMPxs ECU
US SHIFT QUICK4
Punisher VB
WWW.Gen1Jonny.com

3 pages of MPG talk on a Lightning forum, never thought I'd see it!

Sequential certainly helps a bit with MPG just because it's a more exact means of giving it fuel, particularly when it's not steady state. Having the ability to control what AFR it cruises at can give MPG a nice boost as well.

One of our PiMPxs customers with a Fox Body Mustang has a 393 with a turbo that makes over 750hp on pump gas and he's gotten 30 MPG out of it on his last two trips to the Carlisle Nationals. That's the full trip, not just cherry picking the highway portions. He calculates miles vs gallons so it's certainly accurate as well. He's a guy that's all about dialing in every single little detail though so it's probably the most thoroughly tuned application out there.

If I am reading my data logs right I got about 16MPG the other day just cruising around. It was mostly highway as I was letting autotune do its thing as I varied the RPM. I *think* I could get in the 20's if I only drove 60MPH LOL.

Anyone with an E4OD played with the Launch Control using the Launch In pin on the expansion connector? I'm seeing some behavior that I'm not understanding.

My intention was to use a latching push button in conjunction with the brake pedal for LC activation. But the MLPS reading for shifter position changes when I press the button. I cannot see any reason for this to happen in terms of the hardware, and it occurs even if the software switch for LC is off.

I'll grab a log and post on the Stinger board this evening, but thought I'd ask here first just in case.

Anyone with an E4OD played with the Launch Control using the Launch In pin on the expansion connector? I'm seeing some behavior that I'm not understanding.

My intention was to use a latching push button in conjunction with the brake pedal for LC activation. But the MLPS reading for shifter position changes when I press the button. I cannot see any reason for this to happen in terms of the hardware, and it occurs even if the software switch for LC is off.

I'll grab a log and post on the Stinger board this evening, but thought I'd ask here first just in case.

I use launch control on the expansion harness. Just use a momentary switch. One wire to the launch in wire and one to a ground. Once grounded it activates once you reach your set parameters. Pretty sure you have to select just your expansion input to activate it only. From the "factory" they have it set up using the brakes. Once you select the expansion launch in then it doesn't use the brake anymore I don't believe, although you will be on the brake anyway. However I'm not real sure if it changes my shifter position though... Never looked while on the 2 step. I know I leave in 1st though.

Back