PiMPxs (MS3)

Ok! I'm ready for the PimpXS!! Excited for it to get it! hahah! I'm not going overboard on it, am I?

tlfuWLB.jpg

Dude! That’s got to be the ugliest spaghetti mess of wires... whew, glad it’s not mine. But hats off to you for getting down to the nitty gritty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha!! Yeah I'm removing all unneeded wires! HVAC, radio, buzzers, seat belt minders, airbag stuff, etc. It'll be nice and clean when put back together! Not so bad when you're doing it yourself and keeping things organized. So as long as my wife stays out of the garage and doesn't "clean up". I'm good! Haha!

Haha!! Yeah I'm removing all unneeded wires! HVAC, radio, buzzers, seat belt minders, airbag stuff, etc. It'll be nice and clean when put back together! Not so bad when you're doing it yourself and keeping things organized. So as long as my wife stays out of the garage and doesn't "clean up". I'm good! Haha!

What shape is the engine harness in?

Well... It's all torn apart. I've been removing a lot from it. But other than that it's was/is in great shape.

My main reason for asking is that, as you know, the PiMPxshift plugs in to the stock 60 pin EEC-IV connector. If you're going to rip all the stock wiring out then you could simply purchase a MS3/3X and Microsquirt and build your own harness.

My main reason for asking is that, as you know, the PiMPxshift plugs in to the stock 60 pin EEC-IV connector. If you're going to rip all the stock wiring out then you could simply purchase a MS3/3X and Microsquirt and build your own harness.

Ah. I haven't touched that wiring. Just the 24 pin and 76 pin ones.

I spent some of my recuperating time from surgery back in the fall of '19 redoing my engine harness for a nice, clean, sequential PiMP install.

And so that wiring explosion doesn't frighten anyone, NONE of that is needed to install a PiMP!!:scared1:

Thanks for the input. Again I'm new at this so opinions from current users are an invaluable resource for me at this point. I have been on the Stinger site quite a few times trying to figure out what I will need and to make this happen. The Spartan 2 seems to be the favorite after more research. Is there a benefit to having 2 wide band sensors, I would assume there would be since there are 2 banks and I will not be running single exhaust as with a Turbo set up. Glad to see StingerPerf on here supporting his patrons.

Thanks for the input. Again I'm new at this so opinions from current users are an invaluable resource for me at this point. I have been on the Stinger site quite a few times trying to figure out what I will need and to make this happen. The Spartan 2 seems to be the favorite after more research. Is there a benefit to having 2 wide band sensors, I would assume there would be since there are 2 banks and I will not be running single exhaust as with a Turbo set up. Glad to see StingerPerf on here supporting his patrons.

For someone just starting out and to keep it plug and play I would simply run 1. There are benefits, but it gets in to advanced stuff. What are your goals for the truck?

Yeah, considering about 85% of our user base is either turbocharged or supercharged, it is certainly odd to say our systems doesn't work well with forced induction. There is also nothing special about forced induction that would make certain tuning systems not work well with it (other than those that only have 1 bar MAP sensors that can't read boost, but that doesn't apply here as our ECU's have 4 bar MAP's).
Plus I know a guy with the quickest 1/8 mile time with a stock bottom end and he runs the pimpxshift...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I spent some of my recuperating time from surgery back in the fall of '19 redoing my engine harness for a nice, clean, sequential PiMP install.

And so that wiring explosion doesn't frighten anyone, NONE of that is needed to install a PiMP!!:scared1:

Ah yes....didn't want to freak people out thinking what I was doing was necessary for the Pimp install! Ha! Just showing what my truck is looking like right now!

Single is fine for most users. High output supercharged setups, twin turbos, or super nasty n/a stuff will benefit the most from dual widebands.

FYI, the Spartan 2 is out of stock for about a month (actually 2 months but the count started a month ago) as the manufacturer has been out of them.

Also, we just started selling AEM's last year so a lot of the info regarding which wideband to get and pointing towards the Spartan is because that's all we offered for the first few years.

Single is fine for most users. High output supercharged setups, twin turbos, or super nasty n/a stuff will benefit the most from dual widebands.

FYI, the Spartan 2 is out of stock for about a month (actually 2 months but the count started a month ago) as the manufacturer has been out of them.

Also, we just started selling AEM's last year so a lot of the info regarding which wideband to get and pointing towards the Spartan is because that's all we offered for the first few years.

Oh no! So does that mean the order I put in on Saturday is going to be delayed a month?

I'm sure they can ship everything except the Spartan or swap you to the AEM.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

We're working on emailing everyone effected by the wideband delay with the options we have available, should go out tonight if things go as planned.

FWIW, I use an Auto Meter (solely because it works and it matches all the rest of the aftermarket gauges), have used AEMs in the past (and have one waiting to go in my car). Any of the big names that will give you a 0-5v output with a good Bosch or equivalent sensor will work just fine.

So, don't let the Spartan backorder derail your plans. There are good alternatives.

I've always run AEM widebands in everything i've ever built. I have one running thru my PIMPXS without any issue.

Back