PiMPxs (MS3)

SVT1077

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Received PiMPxs ECU from Stinger the other day. Looking forward to the install. Thought I would share it here and document as I go through the installation process. Currently waiting on my Quick 4 to arrive before can begin the install. I am going to start by installing it on my stock engine to get to know Tuner Studio and get it dialed in. Once that is done I will add the KB Super Charger. The last steps will be adding the sequential injection then coil over plug.

PiMPxs.jpg

What is this PiMPxs all about?

There's a few companies out there that take Megasquirts and basically brand them with their own packaging and maybe an extra feature or two, like a Ford connector or certain components optimized for a certain vehicle. Looks to be MS3 based. I would imagine (hope) it has the MS3X card as well.

Charles, no, it will not control the E4OD.

I think the pimp ECU plugs right into your stock 60 pin connector and uses your current sensors.. that correct? I looked at it some before. Seems pretty slick.

I think the pimp ECU plugs right into your stock 60 pin connector and uses your current sensors.. that correct? I looked at it some before. Seems pretty slick.

Yes, they adapted a Ford EEC-IV 60 pin. DIY Autotune used to sell a kit to do the same thing, but then they could not source the 60 pin connectors any more and quit. I think they might still have the parts for a DIY setup minus the 60 pin. Or you can just get one of these :)

So if you had a pro M harness you could use one of these ECUs along with your stock ECU for transmission control?

The xs version is sequential? It would really be nice if they could get it to run the trans or sell a harness to do so like Jamie states.

So if you had a pro M harness you could use one of these ECUs along with your stock ECU for transmission control?

Yeppers, a pinout is a pinout. And as long as that setup has the MS3X daughter card you could run sequential if you also swapped the injector harness. If not you could just run batch fire. You could also delete the MAF and run speed density, a lot of possibilities. I was working on a dual microsquirt board setup that would fit in the stock PCM case and run both the engine and trans. But I need to get my truck running and the Microsquirt trans control sucks for the E4OD. One day if I ever buy a stock truck I am going to build a drop in replacement.

This looks like a rats nest, but it would fit in the PCM case and is the two microsquirts put together on one main board. It would run engine and trans. I just need to not have a day job so I can get all my projects done :)

Lightning-2x-Microsquirt.JPG

So on their site they have pictures.

f67577e324976a11b297dc7868121658.jpg

How will that slide into our stock ECU slot with that vacuum port sticking out?

9e0729b4e23962f409b0d9d5099b05a2.jpg

And how will you access that USB port and SD slot with it in the stock ECU slot?

So on their site they have pictures.

f67577e324976a11b297dc7868121658.jpg

How will that slide into our stock ECU slot with that vacuum port sticking out?

9e0729b4e23962f409b0d9d5099b05a2.jpg

And how will you access that USB port and SD slot with it in the stock ECU slot?

They built that setup for a Mustang. You could easily just take that plastic vacuum port off and route the MAP sensor somewhere else. You could also just use an external MAP sensor if they are using the MS3X daughter card. You actually have a Microsquirt setup pictured. A long USB cord would have to be run under the dash in a Lightning and left permanently attached. Although in my design I added a bluetooth module :) The SD card would be a challenge, I would just log over bluetooth or USB depending on what I needed and the sample rate.

Wonder if you could design yours to use the guts of a quick 4 inside the box instead of two microsquirts?

Very interesting. I am considering doing this or a Megasquirt with stock ecm running the trans. Looking forward to the install.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

I thought this was a megasquirt???
It may be. I wasn't aware of that until this thread. I am not as in the know on these things as others like Raymond is. I was thinking something like a Megasquirt 2. But now this Pimp ecm may be something to consider also.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

This is a Megasquirt, but modified by this company with a Ford connector. If you buy it from them they will also provide support that’s kind of the neat thing about the whole mega squirt set up companies can take it modify it and sell it but they are also required to support it. My only concern is exactly which Megasquirt model they are using. So make sure you find out before buying and then we can help you here on what features it might have or might not have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only concern is exactly which Megasquirt model they are using. So make sure you find out before buying and then we can help you here on what features it might have or might not have

On their website it says

“The Stinger Performance Plug-in Megasquirt 3 Powered (PiMPx) engine control unit is the most user-friendly and capable plug and play option available for Ford EEC-IV equipped vehicles.”

Back