Ls Vs R/T in Topeka

Purple,

I drove 8 hours to get there Thursday night and my truck had no time to cool down. I was running a second off my best times also . I have a time slip of a r/t running 16.39, what a turd!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:

Did you race Danno Zeus?
If you did race him and beat him, YOU GOT LUCKY! He was runnin' 13.0s last weekend, with exactly what he raced you with.
smile.gif

Color yourself lucky.

</font>

Yes, that is what I mean about excuses, you werent even there and you say that Zues got lucky, and then in other posts you say he must have been using a 75 shot instead of the 150 he can run in the 12's with, now why would you go up against an L with a 75 shot when you can handle a 150 shot???
Jesus, I wasnt there and you dont see me talking about why someone ran slower than they say they can. Do you know why that is??? because L owners dont freakin lie about et's like some R/T owners do. Mine can do 13.20's all day long give or take 3 tenths for heat and all, but I dont say it can run 12.30's do I??

I am sure everyone had fun and met new people, that is the fun of racing and making your truck what you want it to be.

If anyone wants a peice of my ass, then come to Md or New Jersey or even Richmond Va. If you can run better than 13.20 then I will enjoy the view of your tailgate, but just dont talk the talk,, walk the walk..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel, Back in service, sure did miss her..
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

No!!!!! I talked to him yesterday for the first time! He isn't so bad in person! He is a lot like me, he is a crack up! He wasn't at the track on thursday because one of the R/T's on the way to the track either got in a reck or broke down, its one of the two but I'm not sure which one, and he was in that caravan of trucks! I tried to talk with him every night but he wasn't outside when I was their, I guess he was asleep in the motel! He's not so bad, but he knows he would get smoked!!!!!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
LOL

Hey, lets not make excuses! If we were, then I want to tell everyone that my tranny is messed up in 3rd and just slips! But I won't say anything about that! HEHE Opps, did I just type that! Oh well!

Shane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gager:
hey purple were you running thursday night? what did your truck run?

i was there in the red gen 1 and i ran my best time ever 15.21 @ 88
</font>

Hey Mike,

Yeah I was there, ran a 13.29. Couldnt get the damn thing to hook outta the hole. Friday was a WAY better prepped track, got a 1.86 60' time then... best on Thurs was 1.99. Managed a 13.08 on Friday
smile.gif
And out on Martin Tractor I got Zeus by a lil. Took him for a pass, hes hooked on the Squeeze now I think
smile.gif

Zeus is a cool dude, great racer and has an awesome truck. Took the 3rd fastest RT here to nail him
smile.gif

Danno

actually purple haze i was talking to dapurpler/t (the guy who wasnt even there and is still talking trash)

i talked with you at martin, i was the big guy that had the red Gen 1

Took the third fastest R/T to nail him? Wasn't that you? I thought he beat you?

Anyhow, Zeus was running pretty good with the SC apparently, so I don't think he'll be switching to juice anytime soon. Hehe.

JJ, not gonna respond to most of your dribble, but if Shakerboy can get some insurance on his truck, I think he plans to take you up on that offer. He's also gonna bring some R/T's that have seen the better side of 13.2 many times if he can get the people he said he wnated to last time we talked on AIM. Good luck.

I love the excuses!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

I don't know who you're talking to, but all I said is that every post I've seen from people who were at Heartland Thur. and then again on Fri., they ALL ran better on Friday.

If you're talking to Dan, well, if the track isn't well-prepped not much you can do about it....

Anyhow, like I said, I don't know all the details of who beat whom or what they ran, but I do know the fastest truck there was an R/T. Not sure why R/T owners would need to be making excuses? Looks like they are just stating facts (like the track wasn't well prepped) not making excuses.....

------------------

I'm just a lil home town boy who put up a good fight at your national event! You have to give me SOME credit! But, I think I gained some respect from the R/T club, which makes me proud in a way! I wish I could get on your site but ya'll won't let me!

It seemed like everyone knew me when I pulled into the lot on Thursday night! Either that, or their was some kind of bounty on my head!! LOL
biggrin.gif
Was my name ever mentioned on your board before you guys got to Topeka!!!! Cause I had people come up to me that I didn't even recognize from this board, which was cool though!

biggrin.gif
Danno~ I have recently thought about running a 30 or 40 shot to act as a intercooler......wonder why!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Later guys!!
Shane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
I don't know who you're talking to, but all I said is that every post I've seen from people who were at Heartland Thur. and then again on Fri., they ALL ran better on Friday.

If you're talking to Dan, well, if the track isn't well-prepped not much you can do about it....

Anyhow, like I said, I don't know all the details of who beat whom or what they ran, but I do know the fastest truck there was an R/T. Not sure why R/T owners would need to be making excuses? Looks like they are just stating facts (like the track wasn't well prepped) not making excuses.....

</font>

Uh.. Uh.. Uh... I dont know... If you dont know, then dont say..
If you werent there then you arent doing anybody any good by talking about what you dont know happend... That is how all this R/T vs L crap gets started....
I wish you R/T guys, and I mean all, fast and slow ones alike, would come to Capitol or 75-80 dragaway one night so I could see for myself what it takes to get a CC R/T into the low 13's..

who said 23 sets of headgaskets?? that is amazing...

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel, Back in service, sure did miss her..
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

Shane, yeah I think you're name came up a few times on the RTML. Hehehe.

I give you props man, runnin' 13.2 with just those mods is great. Lil better than your Gen II counterparts.... Hehehe.
biggrin.gif

I want to say I had a good timein Topeka even though I didn't get to race a soul..There were some nice trucks and some nice people..I do hope the next time we get something togeather my tranny don't take a sh** on me it was a bummer not to even get to race anyone,,but we limped it home ane it will fix so next time guys...Oh and thanks for the hospitality L guys...

Barry

------------------
Trueblue R/T
Motor stuff
suspension stuff

more of you should have came and joined our chicagoland tailgate party in the parking lot... i think bill (yo daddy) is still sick...lmao
Pete

Why does this topic always have to end up being an "R/Ts are better and faster" or a "Lightnings are better and faster" thread? This past R/T National Meet should serve as proof that R/Ts can be just as fast, if not faster than Ls. This past weekend the R/Ts showed that they were faster. I have no doubt there is an L that is faster, but it wasn't there. Everyone should accept the fact that neither truck will every "dominate" the scene. Both trucks will always provide excellent competition for each other. There are a couple things I have to admit though. One being, that Ls will consistently provide good, fast time off the lot. Also, the mods available for the L will pretty much always provide the same gains from truck to truck. This is not always the case with R/Ts. I chalk this up to there being more variables in the R/T, since it isn't S/C. If one L owner experiences good gains with one mod, he can safely recommend it to another and know it will do the same for him. Since there are more variable with the R/Ts some owners do not know exactly how to fully tap into the potential of the truck, which ultimately leads to the slow times and inaccurate perception of the R/Ts. One case is the supercharged R/T with 125 shot. He should be running mid 11s with those mods. I know of a couple R/Ts that with new heads, cam, 125shot, and minor bolt-ons that run 12.3@110 or better.

So in conclusion, let this past weekend be undeniable, indisputable evidence that R/Ts are more than adequate and fit to compete with the best of the Ls.

shanes actually went 13.14 before so now with the new convertor his truck should definetly be in the 12s once a nice day rolls around, but i dont see him making any excuses for "only" running 13.20s
biggrin.gif

It was nice to meet all the L owners on friday night as they came by the parking lot and were a good bunch of guys. Wished i could of raced some of you guys but it was fun none the less. On friday i ran only ran 1 time or i should say 3/4 of a run and i broke down at the 1000ft mark and coasted to a 13.2 and took third for the fastest outlaw class. I have the vid and will post it shortly cause i had a "little" fire in my truck. One of my spark plugs electrodes was melted and caused a HUGE backfire and my filter caught fire and started smoking out my shaker. So i spent the rest of the day reparing the truck and going back and forth to the auto parts store and i didnt get to make any more runs as i wanted to get home in one piece. But just wanted to stop by and say it was a good time!

Shaun
http://members.tripod.com/8ursvt

Actually this is Kat...I'm TrueblueR/T's other half and I would like to thank the 2 lightning owners that came by the Air Museum Sunday for helping us tear down the pavillion and some of the clean up... I don't know your names but thank you just the same. Also I would like to say that I think it is great that the L owners dropped in to visit and race with us over the weekend.....It just goes to show how well truck owners and enthusiust can get along no matter what they drive (true sportsmanship
smile.gif
)for those who didn't join us you missed a great weekend of racin, drinking, pukin,and sun............to all the winners and not so lucky others congradulations and good racin..........Thanks again everyone

Kat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
I'm just a lil home town boy who put up a good fight at your national event! You have to give me SOME credit! But, I think I gained some respect from the R/T club, which makes me proud in a way! I wish I could get on your site but ya'll won't let me!

It seemed like everyone knew me when I pulled into the lot on Thursday night! Either that, or their was some kind of bounty on my head!! LOL
biggrin.gif
Was my name ever mentioned on your board before you guys got to Topeka!!!! Cause I had people come up to me that I didn't even recognize from this board, which was cool though!

biggrin.gif
Danno~ I have recently thought about running a 30 or 40 shot to act as a intercooler......wonder why!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Later guys!!
Shane
</font>

LOL it would act as an EXCELLENT intercooler! Im plannin on heads and cam sometime this next year. But I wanna go 12's with a stock longblock. Guess thats the main goal
smile.gif

Danno

Danno~
12's on a stock long block is my goal also, but hey....don't you have RR's? I'm sure you will get their on a good day!

RT4U2NV~ where were those 12.30 trucks??? Just curious! PurpleHaze and 13secRT give me a couple of good races each!

~~~~~~~~Got to get my tranny fixed~~~~~~~~~~~

Shane

Back