Ls Vs R/T in Topeka

D

DaPurpleR/T

So, I hear you L boys really dominated out there! LOL
biggrin.gif

J/K guys, I hear ya all had a good time, and even though you weren't the badasses you thought you'd be, that's all that matters.
smile.gif

R/Ts RULE!
smile.gif

------------------

Yeah, how did that go????

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620 **Saving for a Powerdyne**
'54 F100 (project since '88)

Man, looks like it's been pretty quite here w/ 'yall in Topeka. Lets hear some results!!
smile.gif

I was second fastest truck on thursday night, next to the infamous Big Bird, the extended cab from Texas!

The street scene was pretty fun on Saturday night with everyone calling me out and all! I raced a couple of the qucikest nitroused R/T's that were here and got edged out at the line by one them and beat the other slightly, It was a blast and the racing was close! I won't name names because I do not wish to flame but for the most part everbody knows what was what!
biggrin.gif

And again, it was a blast, I think I hung around the motel until about 4:00 in the morning on thursday/friday except sat we were out at the local street racing hang out until about 3:30! I think that we, the NLOC, can drink the R/T guys under the table though!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Shane

lots of nice trucks were there

about 10 lightnings and 25 R/Ts

fastest truck was a yellow CC R/T with nitrous and a blower that ran 12.02 second fastest was lil'Zeus in his lightning with a 13.2x

second fastest R/T ran 13.3x i believe so it was pretty close

all in all it was pretty fun

I heard it was pretty sad racing conditions out there. Heard there were stock Gen IIs running 14.2.

Did you race Danno Zeus? I am wondering because you said you ran a best of 13.2, and Dan ran 13.08. It might've been the next day though at Heartland.

If you did race him and beat him, YOU GOT LUCKY! He was runnin' 13.0s last weekend, with exactly what he raced you with.
smile.gif

Color yourself lucky.

Also an NA R/T running 13.2s this weekend....

------------------

Just got back from Topeka. I had a great time meating most of the r/t and Lightning guys that post on this board. I personaly raced 4 r/t's and smoked them all, and I have the time slips to prove it!!! Out of the 20 r/t-Lighting races I saw, only one got beat. I must give credit to the yellow r/t that was running in the low 12's with a blower and a 150 shot, but the guy told me he has blown 23 sets of head gaskets. After the races Thursday night some of the Lightning guys crashed the r/t's party in parking lot of the Capitol Plaza, out of the 150 r/t there, the nicest one was the famous"Project Rolling Thunder". After all the talk about this truck,it is not a JOKE,especialy after all the mods she got were for free. But after all that, I would still rather have my old, slow Lightning!

Michael Cunningham

I'm refinancing the house tonight to pay off some credit and to ge ta cheaper rate. I am going with a "cash-out" option that gives the additional equity to me to distribute to pay off debt. Gee...What can I do with a couple extra grand???

------------------
Brendon Hale

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MICHAEL:
Just got back from Topeka. I had a great time meating most of the r/t and Lightning guys that post on this board. I personaly raced 4 r/t's and smoked them all, and I have the time slips to prove it!!! Out of the 20 r/t-Lighting races I saw, only one got beat. I must give credit to the yellow r/t that was running in the low 12's with a blower and a 150 shot, but the guy told me he has blown 23 sets of head gaskets. After the races Thursday night some of the Lightning guys crashed the r/t's party in parking lot of the Capitol Plaza, out of the 150 r/t there, the nicest one was the famous"Project Rolling Thunder". After all the talk about this truck,it is not a JOKE,especialy after all the mods she got were for free. But after all that, I would still rather have my old, slow Lightning!

Michael Cunningham
</font>

I believe that R/T is running a 75 shot, not a 150. And low 12s is NOT the entent of it's capibilities.
smile.gif

The R/Ts seemed to run alot worst Thur. night that on Friday likely because of the long drives they all incurred with little rest for the engines, unlike the Ls which didn't come from that far away.

"The R/Ts seemed to run alot worst Thur. night that on Friday likely because of the long drives they all incurred with little rest for the engines, unlike the Ls which didn't come from that far away."

I guess I wont say much about this statement.

Sounds like it was a great time Hope to see some of you guys in bowling green if I can get my stupid speed limiter crap off my truck .

------------------
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT

View

hey purple were you running thursday night? what did your truck run?

i was there in the red gen 1 and i ran my best time ever 15.21 @ 88

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Litng1:
"The R/Ts seemed to run alot worst Thur. night that on Friday likely because of the long drives they all incurred with little rest for the engines, unlike the Ls which didn't come from that far away."

I guess I wont say much about this statement.

</font>

Me neither.. seems to have an excuse for everything

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel, Back in service, sure did miss her..
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

I like the Merx's, who own bigbird, but I think they came in on Wed. and they trailerd it in here! Lynda said it wasn't a 150 or a 75, he was running a 100 shot of squize!!!
biggrin.gif

Pretty good looking truck they have though! It will be in a Mopar mag in a couple of months too!

Shane

JJ-
Man, you missed out! They all wanted a peice of your a$$ almost as bad as they wanted me! But not quite!
biggrin.gif

They were hoping for more L's, but who would come if you didn't get to race all weekend and could only be their for one week night???? They understood though....

Shane

Not surprised everybody wanted JJs ass. LOL

Yeah, I figured it was prolly a 75 or 100, a week earlier theyw ere running a 75, but that was also on an 1/8th mile track. Guess the extra 25 is helpful through the 1/4.

JJ, excuses? Why would anyone need excuses?!! There were butt-whoopings on each side jsut as expected, but the fastest R/T was over a second fster than the fastest L. What am I making excuses for??? Just stating the facts that alot of R/Ts were ~1 second off their best times in the 1/4 in Thur. and prolly only about half that off on Friday, though a few did still manage to hit new bests of Friday, like Dan B. (Purple Haze) who went from a best of 13.3 to a best of 13.0. Seems like NA/SCed trucks suffered more from the heat than N20ed ones though.

Just my observations from the dozens of reports surfacing on the RTML. I wasn't there due to not even having the cash to make it out of the state, let alone across the country.
biggrin.gif

Glad everyone had a good time.

Okay, Okay, Okay.....

Mods (I hope I get this right)

L (mine)
blower Strim
exhaust
converter
~stock everything else!!

R/T
blower SQ trim
exhaust
aftermarket EFI system
100 shot of juice
Cam and heads( I believe, someone will correct me if I'm wrong Im sure)
He said his best pass was 11.8 or something, and the track thursday night wasn't hooking for $hit!

It was something to that nature!

Later guys!
Shane

Hey Purple...

So the r/t's weren't running as fast because they had to drive further??? Um, yeah, that's it. How many L's do you think were NOT trailered to St. Louis to World Ford Challenge and still ran anything from 15's down into the 11's? Can you shed some light on how driving a truck makes it slower at the track? Just sounds to me like the L's held up to their claims. Wish I could have been there...

------------------
Brendon Hale

I'm not really wanting to get into a all out flame war because I did meet and race a lot of nice people! But I think the ET averages were really close!

Someone made a coment about Sharons 99L only running 14.20's well....so what its stock and this is Kansas it should be a couple of tenths quicker, but that is the first time she has ever been on the track to! And I did see some stock R/T's running high 15's and low 16's!!

Shane

Im glad to hear everyone had a good time and there were no damaged body panels. Were there any engines blown up? Hope not. I really wish it was closer, I would have loved to be there. I might go to Atlanta but not to Kansas!! Later, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

I just rolled back into town. What a nice drive......(well nice and long anyway) 1433 miles from Topeka to my driveway. Ye-haw!

I was disappointed that my truck would only run a 14.90 @ 91 and change. What can I say, other than my truck didn't run. Now that I know what the problem is it can be fixed! It'll get a new cat this week and then we'll see how it does. Anybody ever try driving a vehicle with a plugged cat? hehehe I should have just hacked the damned thing off of the truck in Topeka!

Hey Shane, It was nice meeting you and the other Lightning owners there in Topeka this last weekend. I enjoyed your racing hospitality! You do have a nice little spot there for street racing. Thanks for showing us all a good time!

I'll probably think of more stuff to say later......after a good nap! It was 17 hours or so of driving to get to Topeka when we regularly went 100+ on the straights. With the plugged cat....I couldn't manage much over 90 or so without the temp gauge climbing badly. The slower I went the better the poor truck liked it. Being speed limited meant it was more than 21 hours of driving on the way home. (and NO fun) I left Topeka yesterday at 3:30!

Off to take a nap!

Back