Ls Vs R/T in Topeka

Ya Shane,
You told the whole story, I guess I just didn't read it all.
wink.gif

Anyway like I said, it was really fun meeting and racing against you & Bret. Y'all are OK in my book! You showed us a real good time at the street races and the hotel parking lot.
Like we were talking about, we need to organize an "all truck" race with everything that has a bed on it. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Hell an Isuzu if they have a fast one! It would be a great event.
Dallas would be an outstanding central location, we have a really good track at Texas Motorplex. It's set up a lot like Heartland, except you don't have to drive a 1/4 mile to get to the staging lanes, LOL.

Alan
13 2nd R/T

Good minds must think alike..My mind was toying on the same thing..Street driven,,[must be taged and insured]..How about this for a lineup..
Drags- Bracket and heads up and maybe a gambler thrown in for fun...

Autocross 2nd day event one class TRUCK..We have Sport Trucks not just dragsters so lets see how well they handle to..

Ralley Morning of the third day.. A simple time and distance deal aprox. 100 miles..This would keep out the ringers that really can't be street driven..

heres the clincher all trucks must compete in all events..Then we could really crown a Sport truck Champ for the one that did it all the best..

lets get some feedback and put something togeather...

Barry

------------------
Trueblue R/T
Motor stuff
suspension stuff

I'm game for something like that! I would be keen on Texas too. Not to far from me, I think only like a 10 hour drive!

We should do the bracket race like this! Have a 30 mile cruise and come back and make 2-3 qualifying passes and then your best pass is your dial for the rest of the day/weekend!!

Just a thought!

Alan~
If I'm ever down south I'll have to give a yell! Have you show me around down there and all the hot spots!!

Shane

i like the idea. haven't had the ole "L" down there before i think you should have to complete in any two of the three events. i also like the 30 mile cruse two back to back pases best pass is your dial with a 1/10 break out.. took us 9 hrs to get to denton with the big car and trailer dallas is pretty close to there let's make it happen a full weekend of fun
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Funny car and top fuel do NOT run chrysler engines.Basic design but not a production Motor. </font>
Your right, they don't use an engine directly from Mopar. That would look bad,wouldn't it? Instead they get TFX to build them a Chrysler motor.
tongue.gif

BTW, do you really think Jason Brown runs a "production motor". Nope, he runs a stronger aftermarket block from SVO, just like everyone else.
Of the three, whose stock big block can take more HP? You don't really want me to tell you the answer do you?
wink.gif

I didn't make it, Shane. I'll wait till there is a formal invite for ALL us lowly dak owners.
Tom

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by one bad dakota:
Yeah, and I know a Mustang running 4.72 @323mph.. his name is John Force... </font>
Yea, with a Chrysler motor
biggrin.gif

TFX or Keith Black motor and it is modular to be exact.. the motor they are using in Nitro isnt anywhere near the hemi design..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

[This message has been edited by JJ's Whitelight (edited 06-20-2001).]

We definitly need to do this. I also heard that the street racing in Texas is HUGE!! Count me in.--Neil

------------------
01 silver,Jl chip,Ram-air, PSP lwr pully, flowmasters,20" Ltn wheels, 391 rwh & 510.7 torque at rear wheels

I'd definately go to TX if the event showed up, I'm slow as hell (13.98) but I'd still go for the fun.

------------------
1999 Yellow GT 'vertible
2000 Black Lightning

Yeah, If I was running the show I sould set it up on a break out also, just like in WFC!! It makes it more interesting!!

Bret~call me tonight, I need help if your not working!

Shane

It was nice meeting all the L owners, even though Zeus thinks I hate him...I was just kidding with ya! It was a great weekend, and we had a blast! Didnt get to hang with you guys too much, but you were all pretty cool. Thanks!
Amy
1998 Dakota R/T (Rolling Thunder)
1972 Demon 340

Well helloooooooooooooooooooooo Baaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!!! Whats up?!?!? I was going to email you and find out how your trip back went...so how was it? Emal me soon2b393@hotmal.com!!!!!!!

Later
rrrrrrrrrrowwwww.....
Shane

Yeah, Amy, you and Vicki were the best looking girls at the whole place =)

------------------
1999 Yellow GT 'vertible
2000 Black Lightning

Amy,
I told you,I was going to say something good about your truck on this board! I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your truck in person. Wish you could have made it out to the track Thursday night, I would like to see your truck run.

Trueblue,

Too bad you were having problems Thursday night, we could have had fun racing. Next time I am near Durant, I am going to find your bar and have a drink with you. Do you do any street racing down there? I have frinds that race in McAlaster.

Michael Cunningham

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the motor they are using in Nitro isnt anywhere near the hemi design..</font>
Are you smoking crack? The design is heavily based upon the original Chrysler hemi.
BTW, aren't you the guy who voted for algore?LOL
Tom

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by one bad dakota:
the motor they are using in Nitro isnt anywhere near the hemi design..</font>
Are you smoking crack? The design is heavily based upon the original Chrysler hemi.
BTW, aren't you the guy who voted for algore?LOL
Tom

Hemispherical heads, yes, Chysler design, NO.
My freinds plymouth arrow had a hemi in it too...

The TFX modular block is nowwhere near the oe hemi block design, and the heads mostly everyone uses are of the hemispherical design, but totally nowhere near a Chrysler Hemi head.. they didnt invent the hemi, Studebaker did a long time ago..( I think, I hope, cause If I am wrong Trueblue is gonna question my retardation factor)

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

[This message has been edited by JJ's Whitelight (edited 06-20-2001).]

Well I just wanted to say that I was there just like I said I would be. I had fun even if I got stuck having to wait an hour to get race gas. I saw a lot of good looking R/T's! Not sure who's truck but I liked the white one with the shakerhood. The one person I was able to talk to was Barry and he was very nice. Made 5 passes and only got paired up with one R/T which I did beat. BUT the R/T was all stock and that was to be expected. All in all it was fun!

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
Team Powerdyne
13.38 @ 102.85 2.05 60ft.
346rwhp - 425rwtq
White 94 #2703
ff5658b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: nminor
We definitly need to do this. I also heard that the street racing in Texas is HUGE!! Count me in.--Neil</font>

Yeah, I would love to have this thing in either Dallas or Houston. Houston seems too far south and the humidity would kill everybody's time, even though HRP is a sea level track. I live in Houston and the street racing here is OUTRAGEOUS. I mean it's just totally blows up on Saturday night. The sad part is...it's mainly rice. Every now and then if you head to the real illegals you'll find some serious cars. I love the look at the ricers when they first realize that a 4300lb truck just stomped a hole in their ass.

You cant even call Top fuel motors a dodge motor.Just because they have the plugs in about the same place.Jasons 351 is still all Ford design
Heck Ford had a hemi head design in the 60, and what about the SHO isnt it a hemi design I not sure on this one.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The TFX modular block is nowwhere near the oe hemi block design, and the heads mostly everyone uses are of the hemispherical design, but totally nowhere near a Chrysler Hemi head.. they didnt invent the hemi, Studebaker did a long time ago</font>
Wow, I'm amazed at the lengths some of you diehard brand loyals will go. Just how you do you think the KB or TFX design came to be? Do you think they just pulled it out of their rearend? So your trying to argue that because the modern day nitromethane funny car/top fuel motor is not identical to a motor made in the 1960s their somehow not linked? Riiight. It's called technological advancement. You've stated the obvious. Of course the motors are different. Chrysler runs their own hemi in top fuel, and yep, it's different from the ones they made in the 1960s to. Blocks change,cam arrangements change,valvetrains change,etc but the origin and basic design still has eminated from the chrysler hemis of the 1960s. To deny this is to deny reality.
Big Daddy started kicking everyone one's butt with the hemi years ago. The inevitable happened, and people either start running it or copying it's design. That's been going on for years. Just like everyone copied pontiac's bigchief head. Of course the other brands,(including Mopar) don't call it that, but it's essentially the same head.
You are correct in stating,however, that Chrysler did not invent the hemi. They just realized its potential and made it what it is today.

Litng1- The first gen. SHO motor is actually a Yamaha motor
frown.gif
. Wish we could take credit for that.

One bad Dakota- What year did the hemi come out? The 427 Ford SOHC came out (I think) in 1967. Take a look at the design on it. I may be way off here- I'm sure someone will let me know.
smile.gif

------------------
'00 White Lightning
no mods

Back