Ls Vs R/T in Topeka

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MICHAEL:
Just got back from Topeka. I had a great time meating most of the r/t and Lightning guys that post on this board. I personaly raced 4 r/t's and smoked them all, and I have the time slips to prove it!!! Out of the 20 r/t-Lighting races I saw, only one got beat. I must give credit to the yellow r/t that was running in the low 12's with a blower and a 150 shot, but the guy told me he has blown 23 sets of head gaskets. After the races Thursday night some of the Lightning guys crashed the r/t's party in parking lot of the Capitol Plaza, out of the 150 r/t there, the nicest one was the famous"Project Rolling Thunder". After all the talk about this truck,it is not a JOKE,especialy after all the mods she got were for free. But after all that, I would still rather have my old, slow Lightning!

Michael Cunningham
</font>

Who in the heck told you we had a 150 shot of nitrous?? The last rumor that I heard was 200 and the other was a 250 shot! We ONLY have a 100 shot. You can ask any one that was out there that know us... ONLY 100 shot.

Thanks!

Lynda Merx

------------------
'99 SY CC Dakota R/T
'99 Dakota Sport
'99 Harley Road King
'00 Dodge Stratus SE
'95 Chevy S-10

[This message has been edited by Lady BigBird R/T (edited 06-19-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eatingdodgesforlunch!:
Well, I'll just state some facts. The fastest truck in the world..is an L. There are at least 2 L's who would have laughed at and smoked anything there in Kansas. It sounds like Zeus's supercharged, but relatively stock L, was whipping a lot of modded R/T's (w/ power adders- so it was a fair race!). The R/T owners are the only ones complaining about track conditions.

</font>

As far as I can remember, Lil Zeus was complaining about the track not hooking up either. We are not impressed with the track and the preparation. I don't believe our money was well spent. We have our mods done, but we are not finished tuning the truck. Who cares who's faster than whom??? We came out there to have fun and meet people we have talked to for a long time. We came out there expecting our asses to be beat, and to run at least an 11.5... We still have the same body and the same frame (as opposed to Jason Brown). We are still street legal.

Zeus, I love you to death as well as all the other people I have met on here. It was so fun! Zeus, you are one of the coolest people I know! Keep up the great attitude! I love your truck man!

I hate excuses too... Just to prove to you that our truck runs a low 11 sec... we are taking it to the track this Friday... and going to dyno it for everyone to see this week.

Thanks!

Lynda Merx

------------------
'99 SY CC Dakota R/T
'99 Dakota Sport
'99 Harley Road King
'00 Dodge Stratus SE
'95 Chevy S-10

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lady BigBird R/T:

We still have the same body and the same frame (as opposed to Jason Brown). We are still street legal.
</font>

I agree with everything you said but, cum'on. Jason Brown runs in the 7s (6s??). That is 4-5 seconds quicker than any of us. There is no 6 second street legal truck in the world.

And, I personally would not run 180mph without a tube chassis. Et tu?

There are a few street legal 11 second Lightnings around, also. Most of them even drive to the track, some almost 1500 miles to WFC.

No flames or arguments here.

------------------
Kevin Lewis NLOC #405
68 Firebird - Perpetual Project Car
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black (Grey) Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim (10 rib), TW Heads (milled and polished), FMS 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, FMS 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter (2800 RPM), Bassani Headers, Bassani XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
lowlight.jpg

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now. New pics to come soon...

[This message has been edited by svtpickemup (edited 06-19-2001).]

Lunda, really wanted to meet you and Ron, darn bein' broke.
smile.gif
Hey, you said next event in Bowling Green you'd be there, the 454SS club is having a shootout for all Sport Trucks in August (I think), can ya make it? If ya can, I'll be there ad I'l prolly drah John Walker along too, he's looking for 12s right now, the R/Ts could have somne decent representation.

To Jason Brown's truck, hey, there's a Dakota running 6s.....
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Lunda, really wanted to meet you and Ron, darn bein' broke.
smile.gif
Hey, you said next event in Bowling Green you'd be there, the 454SS club is having a shootout for all Sport Trucks in August (I think), can ya make it? If ya can, I'll be there ad I'l prolly drah John Walker along too, he's looking for 12s right now, the R/Ts could have somne decent representation.

biggrin.gif
</font>

Yeah, and I know a Mustang running 4.72 @323mph.. his name is John Force... Whats the My daddy can beat your daddy point purple???

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

I really don't care what you all think of us... Altitude has a lot to do with it as well as track prep.... ( there was none of that done any day.) If you wanna flame us.. that's fine, we'll just stay off of here for another year and let you "try" to figure out what we have done "again"

We didn't come out there to see who we could beat! We came out there because they said it was one of the "fastest" tracks in the US. We were looking for a personal best. The track 'sucked' in my opinion. BigBird was jumping all over the place and couldn't get even a decent burnout! Please.

And for all of those of you who want to know about the head gaskets... Well.. bad block o-ring job... they never did put receiver gooves in the heads and we went through the head gaskets like "water". So there you have it.

Thanks for all of your time... and good bye.

Lynda and Ron Merx

[This message has been edited by Lady BigBird R/T (edited 06-20-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
biggrin.gif
</font>

Yeah, and it has the factory chassis and he drives it to the track, right?

That was my point, dude.
biggrin.gif
this.

All R/T people are the same to me... Cool as hell! Well, with the few exceptions.

Lady, chill... You were one of the coolest people I met at this R/T deal, I'm just glad Shane (Zeus) and I lived in the town you guys came to... You've got a damn fast truck and so do a lot of the other R/T guys, someone is always going to be faster, and It'll never me the same person (Okay, with possibly the exception of Jason)

As for the track, as we talked about Saturday, it is one of the fastest tracks when they actually give a shit. Unless you can pull a 4-5 sec ET they don't consider you important enough... It sounds like alot of your events didn't go as planed, but I'm glad to have met most of you...

------------------
1999 Yellow GT 'vertible
2000 Black Lightning

I never said it was driven to the track! Sheesh! It's got a friggin jet in the bed! LOL, just making the point when you're willing to do anything to go fast, it'll be done. Tha's why I'm really only interesed in street legal cars/trucks, it takes much more ingenuity to do it that way, unless we're talking about NHRA, I love the funny cars 'n trucks, and think the crews do have/use alot of ingenuity, but I'm talking about reg. people here. I'm just not impressed with a non-street legal car running anything, as long as it's for track only use of course the sky is the limit! (Till ya hit the 4s. LOL)
biggrin.gif

Lynda, um, well, guess I'll talk to ya on AIM, I don't think the L guys meant to go off on you and Ron, just hard for em to believe how fast BB is and still street legal. I know the kinda trouble you went through the last year (boy do I know!) and I understand why it cuts so deep. You guys have been through hell with certain individuals/shops and now that Big Bird s finally running great, you want to see the best! Just go for it, and get the slips to prove em wrong Friday.
biggrin.gif

Doh, another novel, sorry.
smile.gif

I don't think "Street Legal" is a very applicable term, because many cars that only run 13's aren't street legal... Steetable is more of an accurate term I think =)

------------------
1999 Yellow GT 'vertible
2000 Black Lightning

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Yeah, and I know a Mustang running 4.72 @323mph.. his name is John Force... </font>
Yea, with a Chrysler motor
biggrin.gif

I just like it when some kid lines up at a stop light with a dakota preped with r/t rims and a big bad 318 lurking under the hood. Oh wate, no I dont, its never worth the gas and waste of tires. I'm stil wating to race a STOCK r/t with my STOCK L. Personaly I think theres no point in arguing if an L or r/t's faster if they'v both been built. Just my 2cents.

------------------
It will strike twice.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: Muddmann
this is quoted as a 'NATIONAL r/t event' and the L's are being harrassed for being slow, yet a lil ol L (and a gen1 of all things) crashed this 'NATIONAL event' and ran second fastest?</font>

Just because it's a national meet doesn't mean every single R/T will be there. You have to take into consideration that there are going to be some low 12 second/high 11 second R/Ts that didn't show up for whatever reason.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by:
eatingdodgesforlunch
Well, I'll just state some facts. The fastest truck in the world..is an L.</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Besides, I'd like to see the fastest R/T take on Jason Brown, the fastest L.</font>

C'mon man, this debate is over streetable trucks. You know, trucks you can drive every day. Hell, there are S10s and Dakotas in the 6s. What does that prove? Besides, how much of the interior/engine/body/frame of Jason's truck is still original?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eatingdodgesforlunch
Minor bolt-ons ...like a jet engine?</font>

No, minor bolt-ons like intake, exhaust, throttle body. The facts I posted still stand.

But Jason said his truck is able to run 6s as it is now.SMALL BLOCK FORD no GE Jet engine LOL.

Jason was also running high 8s with the ford frame under it also.

"Yea, with a Chrysler motor"

Funny car and top fuel do NOT run chrysler engines.Basic design but not a production Motor.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT

View

[This message has been edited by Litng1 (edited 06-20-2001).]

Lynda~
Ahhh, I love ya too!! LOL
biggrin.gif
It was great getting to know ya over the weekend! I'm not the @hole all the R/T guys thought I would be HEH!!! Thanks for the props, and the track wasn't worth a $hit thursday night! I thought you and Ron were coming to Martin Tractor saturday night to street race! I would have run ya off of the bottle! Probably would have gotten beaten though!!!
biggrin.gif

Marcus~
Great point, that is what I was going to say! Their is no race team that uses factory preped stuff! The only think they use that is crystler is the "hemispherical" design!! So you mean to tell me guys that the old hemis came with two distributors and two sparkplugs per head! And a block that thick! I don't think so!

Also, what Dakotas and S10's are running in the low 7's to hight 6's????????? I havn't seen any, and NHRA prostock trucks run 7.40's to 80's competitavely!

One Bad Dakota~
Were you their this last weekend, and did I meet you??

Shane

Who here has a problem with believing that a streetable truck is running 11s? Anyone? Raise your hands and be counted! ::looking around:: Hmmm, none. Didn't think so.

Lynda, what have they done to you now?!?! I must've missed something...

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

just ask dave who drove from ohio to run pro l at wfc 11's no problem but he had a lot of R/D got to love the street-able ones
i am just in v us (splchk)
smile.gif

You'll only get crap from me if someone claims aster than 9s front a streetable truck. A fellow on the DML with a 360 ran his truck into the 9s I believe, and it's his daily driver too.
smile.gif

I have seen streetably 8 second cars, so to me a 11,12,or13 second truck ought to be completely steetable with out a doubt!!! I trailerd my truck to WFC and only run low 13's but it was for safty sake! I could have made the drive! But if I or anyone else that came in our caravan broke something we would have a way to get them home!!!

Shane

Back