Join the MS/LA/TX/OK/MO/AR convoy up I35!

Well where you guys specifically are gonna meet is outta are way by looking at the map...

We were thinking about coordinating a meet in OK or something.

Ryan Allen said:
Well where you guys specifically are gonna meet is outta are way by looking at the map...

We were thinking about coordinating a meet in OK or something.

That shouldn't be a problem. We've got a tentative schedule on the first post in this thread, so if you can make it to one of those milestones around the time posted you'll be able to meet up with us. If you want, you can PM me your cell phone number and where you would like to join the convoy and I'll call you as we approach.

Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Tom

As per my latest list, here are the people the convoy is going to meet along the way that I do not have contact info for. Please PM me your info so we can call you as we are closing in on the place you are meeting us:

Vipereater - meeting in Wichita, KS
Merlin - meeting in OKC
SVTF150Lghtn - meeting somewhere in OK...

Thanks,
Tom

Tliss, me and Philips Bolt will be meeting you guys on OKC!!!
Let us know what we can do to coordinate!

Ryan Allen said:
Tliss, me and Philips Bolt will be meeting you guys on OKC!!!
Let us know what we can do to coordinate!

Just be there about noon or so. You might also want to see about hooking up with the others we are meeting in OKC. I think there are at least 4 or 5 others we'll be picking up as we pass through.

Tom

tliss,
You can remove me from the list of folks that get to go. Just found out yesterday that my vacation has been cancelled. We are having some problems with one of our crude units so we are shutting it down for maintenance work......gotta keep these units in tip top shape so we can keep Austin supplied with gasoline/diesel and DFW supplied with jet fuel. Hopefully there will be some other L/HD event in the future. To all that get to go have a great time, stay safe and have a cold one for me. :tu:

Todd :flag:

haven't read through all the posts, but we might be joining your convoy. leaving austin, tx about 6:30 am. last year we stopped for breakfast right before your truck stop and left a little before you guys did. we only had to stop for gas in ok. city.

That sounds great! Just meet up with us at the truck stop...we'll be heading out at 9:30, per the first post. All the latest info is in the first post.

Thanks,
Tom

Is the first post all up to date?

Still leaving 9:30 AM - Thursday morning from Loves?

Last edited:
gunman said:
haven't read through all the posts, but we might be joining your convoy. leaving austin, tx about 6:30 am. last year we stopped for breakfast right before your truck stop and left a little before you guys did. we only had to stop for gas in ok. city.

Anyone else coming from the Austin area? Maybe we can start the caravan on the trip to Dallas. I was planning on getting on I35 at about 6:30 in Temple so I maybe leaving before you guys. Do you think you can make it from Austin to North Dallas in 3 hours?

Ryan Allen said:
I might have missed this but where are we meeting on OKC?

Anywhere along I35. I guess pick a spot and be waiting on or near the highway. I'll be calling you as we approach.

Make sense?

Tom

We're only a few days away. Any last-minute things we need to clear up before we head out??

See first post for all details, including estimated time of arrival in certain milestones, rally point and estimated departure time from said point, contact phone # to get a hold of me on convoy day, etc.

Hopefully this'll go off without issue. Please keep in mind that we do not all have to stay together all the way up....if we try with 30-50 trucks, we'll likey clog up the highway and possible cause a wreck...and also keep in mind that we are going to be watched by the authorities all the way up (more than likely) so we need to keep it civilized.

Any other issues or questions??

Tom

Hello Philip,

Please send a copy of the pics to me as soon as you can. Thanks,

...Dwight...

ok...

I'll have a cheap web camera (it works good though, LOL) set up on the side of the road. So I'll capture every truck driving by! Me and another friend will take pics, so should come up with some good ones.

:tu:

Back