Join the MS/LA/TX/OK/MO/AR convoy up I35!

I would be able to join with some guys when I hit I35 in the Temple/Waco area. Maybe some guys are coming from Austin/San Antonio/Houston that I could intercept with. But first I still gotta check to see if I can get off of work;p

~nightcrawler~ said:
I would be able to join with some guys when I hit I35 in the Temple/Waco area. Maybe some guys are coming from Austin/San Antonio/Houston that I could intercept with. But first I still gotta check to see if I can get off of work;p

That'll work. I haven't gotten any confirmation from anyone south of DFW that they are going to meet up yet. Hopefully we'll get some participation there as well.

Tom

J.D. Blackwell said:
Nice pics Doug. Maybe this year there will be a few Gen 1's in the convoy.

I will be there in my Gen 1! Just booked a room yesterday at the Holiday Inn!:)

I am defenitly in... I'll be coming in from I-20 thru Abilene, TX so I could possibly hook up with ND4SPD in to the Dallas-Fort worth area.

1Bad4d said:
I am defenitly in... I'll be coming in from I-20 thru Abilene, TX so I could possibly hook up with ND4SPD in to the Dallas-Fort worth area.

Hey man that sounds great, I'll shoot ya a PM. I hope to have antother L going from this area too, that would make the trip to DFW a lot better.

I'm gonna do my best to make it. Never been to a Harley/Lightning fest but it sounds like a darn good time. Plus I would like to meet some of the Harley/Lightning guys/gals.:dp:

Txoutlaw said:
I'm gonna do my best to make it. Never been to a Harley/Lightning fest but it sounds like a darn good time. Plus I would like to meet some of the Harley/Lightning guys/gals.:dp:

There's plenty of time to plan this out. This is only the second year (last year was just Lightnings). I'll put you on the list of tentative participants for the convoy up. Keep watching here as this is where all the details will be posted on where we are meeting, time of departure, etc.

The know info now is we will be meeting in Denton TX on Thursday, Sept 23, and will be leaving in the late morning (most likely 10am).

Tom

Last edited:
Corrected my last post....the convoy is on Thursday, Sept 23...not 26.

No more :bd: at the office for me!

Tom

Txoutlaw said:
Thanks tliss. :tu:

If you go you should roll through Abilene and get with 1Bad4d and me, then well have atleats 3 L's up to Denton which will prob be about 3 hour drive or so.

ND4SPD said:
If you go you should roll through Abilene and get with 1Bad4d and me, then well have atleats 3 L's up to Denton which will prob be about 3 hour drive or so.
Sounds like a plan!:tug:

How many hours does it take to get from Denton to the track? There is a test and tune Thursday night I was thinking about attending.

Pros..... Practice the lights at the track and get comfortable with the set up.

Cons.....Fricking rice burners turning the launch pad into a swimming pool.

Long staging lane waits while the local kids drive their parents cars down the track for blistering 20 second passes.

I dunno...what is everyone else thinking?

I have had some bad experiences at some of the tracks that hold FFW events while attempting to do the Friday night free for all test and tunes......HMMMMM...more thought on this is required.

Rocks:?

It takes roughly 8 hours...we left at about 10am and got there right around dinner time. Should be plenty of time to get settled and to the track for test and tune.

Tom

Hello Everyone,

Since yall are adding a Diesel Class to this event, I might just join up with yall on the trip.

Maybe I will be able to get a few members of the North Texas Power Stroke Association to come along also.

I will keep checking in on this trip.

But for right now, Add me to the List for the Convoy.

Take care,

Big K said:
Hello Everyone,

Since yall are adding a Diesel Class to this event, I might just join up with yall on the trip.

Maybe I will be able to get a few members of the North Texas Power Stroke Association to come along also.

Take care,

Keven...........maybe you could use that powerstroke to tow my Lighting to the event:D , that would help me save on gas expenses.

Rocks:tug:

Big K said:
Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Kevin,

We'd love for you guys to join in. Keep me posted on how many, and keep it tuned into this thread for details. All up-to-date info will be in the first post in the thread.

Tom

Well, we're still adding them as they come in. This is looking to be a good convoy. Keep 'em coming. The meeting place and departure time will be nailed down and posted soon. Stay tuned!!

Tom

03LightningRock said:
Keven...........maybe you could use that powerstroke to tow my Lighting to the event:D , that would help me save on gas expenses.

Rocks:tug:

Naa, That ain't no fun, Half the fun is driving to the Events! :D

We allways have a Blast on the road trips!
The club has made serveral including one to Indiana, about 13 hour trip!

:3g:

Last edited:
Back