Gen 1 66mm Single Build

^ Thanks Dan.^

I've got some more troubleshooting to do. I see that my fuel press isn't rising with boost at a 1/1 ratio. Seems I remember noticing this a while ago and didn't think too much about it, but not really a big deal at 10psi boost. More important at 18psi when getting close on injector rating for sure! At 18psi boost my fuel press was at 50psi, not 61psi, as I'm thinking it should be. Going to leak check the line to the regulator.

Confirmed leak. Removed the reference line at the intake and rigged a line to check with mityvac. Guess that means I still have some injector room.

Last edited:
Leak at the NPT to -3 adapter. The issue is the threads are tapped too big and the fitting bottoms out before getting tight in the threads. Can run it all the way in by hand. And at that point the fitting hits the spring in the reg. NPT size is 1/16", thought about drilling/tapping to 1/8" but not really room. I cut some off the length off the adapter and put some E6000 sealant/adhesive on it. Will give it a few mins to set up and check again.

Last edited:
Yeah Aeromotive.

Sealed up the AN adapter and still had leaks. Ended up being the press adj lock nut on top. It was a SS jam nut and SS washer. I replaced with a brass 10mm banjo washer and a nylon lock nut, good to go! Woo, what a pain in the asz!

Last edited:
Sure shows what even a little leak can do, I have a hand pump that I use to check Vacuum/Pressure lines, at least the tubing you can test.
By the way, your waste gates turned out nice.

Last edited:
Test drove today with 6lbs springs and boost stayed steady right at 6psi. Dam,I used to think 6psi was fast! Went right to the 16.5psi spring combo and boost leveled out at 17.5psi. MUCH BETTER! Fuel pressure doing better, 57psi at 17.5psi boost. Thinking it should be 60psi?

If your duty cycle is ok, I'd leave it. The higher the pressure the harder it is to tune idle and cruise.
Glad you got the boost creep and fuel issue under control, those two problems are the root cause of most boosted engine failures.

Like Jamie said 1:1 with boost. So you're pretty much spot on if your base is around 40 PSI. I'd be watching the wideband though, as long as it's happy I'm not sure I'd spend too much time on it.

I set the fuel press at 43psi with the engine off. Thought about trying it engine running/ref line off to see if it makes a difference, but don't see how it really could,so little fuel being used at idle. Duty cycle was 93% on 17.5psi,so all good...until I go for 20psi! :3g: LOL!

When you get ready to turn it up you might want to up the base FP so you do t run out of injector.

It's going to stay as is to have fun with it over the summer,run a # at the track and hopefully stay in one piece. LOL!

Added a 3rd small 3GPH nozzle pre turbo to try out:

Last edited:
You may have already answered this somewhere in the 56 pages.
what are you doing with crank case pressure, are you venting it or running it into the inlet side of the turbo?
that has to be fun with 17 lbs. Guessing I'd say that would be equal to about 25lbs on a stock head setup.

Just venting CC pressure,Walt. Breather in each vc and a breather bottle connected to an unused turbo drain on the oil pan.

Mounted, but more $$ to spend. Need a $57 pulley spacer and $50 on an adj billet timing pointer,stock one no workie. So add a hundo to the price of the Fluidampr if anyone is considering. Parts here tomorrow.

Back