Gen 1 66mm Single Build

You won't have traction issues at the dyno
Where he’s at now there’s no need for a dyno anymore. Not against the dyno but his tune is good he just needs to know where to apply or reduce parameters. You can only go so far in the rollers. Real load from a track tells you much more. You need the track to tell you how far you can oush the combo.

I prefer track testing myself, but it has to be during the day at a rental. You can’t tune making 3 passes 3 hours apart on a normal track night. You’ll never simulate real world loads on a dyno. It revs way too fast.

Started cutting up the x over tonight. Ordering a 2nd gate to install. I'm want to know that I can control the boost level all the way through the top end of 3rd gear...at say, 18 psi. Can't go lower after feeling that!

2nd gate showed up today and I got going on it.

Each gate on 1"7/8 tubing and good priority. Hoping to be able to control boost down low. Should be able to finish over the weekend. Have 6lbs springs in the gates for the first test drive.

Last edited:
Definitely tricky trying to tune on the street once you get over probably 500+ HP at the tires. I know my truck will destroy my street tires basically anywhere in 2nd gear on the street. I feel your pain.

That will cure your boost creep, if it doesn't you have some other issue like boost signal to the WG.. I like where you tied them in, hot side exhaust has a nice path. You should have no more issues, even at low boost...

^ Yeah Walt, thinking it's going to work really well.

All welded up,painted, but I don't have enough heat wrap to finish up. :bm::bm:

Had to fit it up to check fit though.

Large ports for the gate pipes:

You can see my rear main diaper! :D

Last edited:
Did a little more looking over some logs and man... at almost 19PSI my 66 lbs/hr injectors where 97.1% duty cycle. Depending on the math used that puts HP between 7 to 800. Yikes! Guess I better keep it around 16-17 PSI until I get some 83s and think about replacing the -6 fuel line with a -8. Might be getting close on the fuel pump at the point also. Crazy! :scared1:

I think you better back it down a bit! Lol. I’m in the same boat, my datalog shows my 83’s about done so at that level my A1000 is about tapped out also.

All wrapped up. Man I hate that stuff!

Of course with the snow that just came through the east the streets are covered in salt! Going to be a while before they're clean enough. :angry::angry:

Last edited:
DW released a bigger pump than the walbro 450 that I'm gonna try out when I switch to e85. Supposed to flow a little more the walbro and should just be an easy swap. Guess we'll see.

Nice work on the gates! I'm need to upgrade my fuel system too, I have the phantom 340 currently but have a the dual phantom waiting to go in. Also need to upgrade my injectors(80lbs), my datalogs were showing 74% dc on gas at 14.5 psi and will be using e85 this year.

Back