Gen 1 66mm Single Build

Started on the Caltracs tonight. Pass side done. The lower links are too long at 23" so they are sending some 22"s, a week out. ;m;m A result of my low ride height I guess.

Both sides buttoned up. Mounted the lower links with one jam nut like Joe mentioned for now. Removed the 1/2" blocks and the overload spring to see how it'd sit. Seems Ok, but don't think it's as low as it was.

Happy to say it drives the same with the Caltracs, no noises. It does seem to hook better, but only hit about 9psi though. Think it also is a little lower with the diff rear spring set up.

Sits good man. My best results with the caltracs were in the top hole and about 2 flats air gap between the pin and the leaf with me sitting in the driver seat. Turbo truck may not like it the same though.

Are you riding down to come next week? I’ll only be there Saturday for the day.

Been tweaking the Caltracks and realized the inner front pivot plates had some bind in them. The Ford hangers being stamped aren't perfect. A little clearancing and paint and they're nice and free.

Not much going on during this HOT,WET summer weather. I installed 18 psi springs in the gates and so far at 75% tps have hit 18.7psi. Haven't had the nerve to go full throttle and stay in it...yet. Fast for sure!

The truck is doing everything so well ATM, I don't want to tear it all apart for the CV swap. But,I keep telling myself it'll be worth it, that it's going to be better!

Agree Walt. I'll really be surprised if if doesn't run somewhere in the 10s. Hopefully find out this fall.

I’m sure it’s well past 600 rw. We figured I was making 620-650 at 4410 to run in the 10.7’s. That was with the small 7668. Truck looks amazing Brian.

Truck looks good as always. Definitely will roll out at the track.

I’d like to hear the full unbiased start to finish of the vic swap. Don’t think I will do it anytime soon in the white truck but may look into it for brownie. Still haven’t picked up my front end yet.

Back