Fab Fords Forever 2017

Hey, guys. I've been living in L.A. for 10 years now and I have never been to Fab Fords before, but I am planning to check it out this year. I don't think I'll enter into the show, though. My Lightning isn't show worthy, imo.

I was wondering, for you guys coming down from Washington, might any of you be interested in potentially bringing some parts down for me from the Seattle area? I might buy a fuel tank, fuel lines, a dash and a door panel from Dusten parting that '93 out in the gen 1 section and I think the shipping would be cost prohibitive. I'm actually going to be flying into Seattle in early-mid March and might be able to get the parts from Dusten to your place, and then meet up again when you hit L.A. (I live 15 minutes from I-5 on the North end of L.A.). I'd be happy to toss a few bucks your way for your time and gas.

Ken FFF is not really a show - noting judged. More of a get together to see friends that we only see once a year at Knott's. More like bench racing, looking and comparing what we have. The more trucks the better. Hope to see your there.

I could probably do that for you...

That would be much appreciated! What part of Seattle are you in?

Ken FFF is not really a show - noting judged. More of a get together to see friends that we only see once a year at Knott's. More like bench racing, looking and comparing what we have. The more trucks the better. Hope to see your there.

Ah, I see. In that case, maybe I'll register, too.

Hey, guys. I've been living in L.A. for 10 years now and I have never been to Fab Fords before, but I am planning to check it out this year. I don't think I'll enter into the show, though. My Lightning isn't show worthy, imo.

I was wondering, for you guys coming down from Washington, might any of you be interested in potentially bringing some parts down for me from the Seattle area? I might buy a fuel tank, fuel lines, a dash and a door panel from Dusten parting that '93 out in the gen 1 section and I think the shipping would be cost prohibitive. I'm actually going to be flying into Seattle in early-mid March and might be able to get the parts from Dusten to your place, and then meet up again when you hit L.A. (I live 15 minutes from I-5 on the North end of L.A.). I'd be happy to toss a few bucks your way for your time and gas.

I could probably do that for you...

One way or the other we can get the junk you want down to you. There are 5 trucks registered for the show from up here. 3 of them are towing so should be sufficient room.

Scott

Thanks, Scott! I have officially registered.

On the down side, my schedule has changed and I will now be flying into Seattle on Apr. 26th. instead of in March. As long as it doesn't change again, I'll be back in L.A. on the evening of the 28th. or on the 29th., which means that I most likely will still be out of town when you guys roll in, but I will make it for the show. At the moment, it is only a tube bumper to bring down. I won't be buying the fuel tank and lines or the dash as I was originally hoping. There's the possibility of a door panel yet, and maybe some fuel rails.

Which day are you Washington folks planning to leave? The 27th?

Looks like we're not gonna make it this year. As some of you know, Margaret had a complete knee replacement, and I'm doing a lot more for her than I'm used to.

We just got back from a 4-day Shelby event in Vegas, and the drive was pretty hard on her. So only local stuff for a few more months.

Please post up any finalized itinerary and photos, and stories(!) here when its over.

Paul

Paul, Rita and I are very sorry to hear that. We were looking forward to seeing the both of you. I finally was going to have my truck in the show this year. Hope she feels better soon and maybe you guys can still make it down, anyways.

Paul, Rita and I are very sorry to hear that. We were looking forward to seeing the both of you. I finally was going to have my truck in the show this year. Hope she feels better soon and maybe you guys can still make it down, anyways.

Thanks, Buckley! How are you and Rita doing? Any Lightning pedal cars in the future?

Hi everyone my name is Ezekiel I'm new to the forum. I've been the owner of a 2002 red Lightning for 6 years build #2236. I love attending Fab Fords Forever last year over 3500 cars and trucks attended and every year it get even bigger and better. I live in Long Beach CA me and the rest of my club TEAM SVT will be attending the show with about 20plus Lightnings not sure where we will be meeting up before the show to arrive together but anyone who wants to show up and ride together is welcomed we're also planning on doing a small cruise after the show not 100% on it.

Welcome to nloc, Ezekial.

I live in Long Beach CA me and the rest of my club TEAM SVT will be attending the show with about 20plus Lightnings...

Holy moly. This sounds like it's going to be quite the turnout!

So my Seattle trip did get changed again. I'll now be in Seattle from March 28th. to March 30th. instead of the end of April. That should be the last time it changes.

Ezekiel, Welcome do you know Ant I think lives in or close to Long Beach? He has a black 99 with a works supercharger set up.

Paul, Sorry to hear you may not make it to the show - hope Margaret gets to feeling better soon. You both will be missed just as Buckley and Alex said. It won't be the same.

Buckley looking forward to seeing your truck this year.

Paul, Sorry to hear you may not make it to the show - hope Margaret gets to feeling better soon. You both will be missed just as Buckley and Alex said. It won't be the same.

Buckley looking forward to seeing your truck this year.

Plus 1 ! Was looking forward to seeing you Paul and Margaret too. Been a lot of years since we last visited and it was GOOD times then.

4784998217_8480db7488_b.jpg

4784985587_78d4035758_b.jpg

4784998729_eb5d415088_b.jpg

4784992919_7a533be5a7_b.jpg

4785011101_a1ac95c7ac_b.jpg

4785643658_fc67bfb680_b.jpg

Scott

Lol, no, no little guys just yet ;). Looks like it's going to be a great turnout with all the Washington guys and the socal club. Here's hoping Margaret makes a quick recovery.

Back