Fab Fords Forever 2017

Any thoughts on the hotel to select in Buena Park ? I see Knotts Berry Farm Hotel offers a discount to Fab Ford attendees. Reference to that is on the Fab Fords website. Paul mentioned he may by staying elsewhere this year. Naturally, we'd like to be with all or most of the rest of your crew as we're a bunch of rookies !

Scott

The Knott's hotel has a great Bar/restaurant, the breakfast buffet is what I like. Lots of cool cars the day before the show. 14 years in a row and counting, it's walking distance from the show, there is a Fridays close by, the chicken place near by is out standing. Did I mention they have a FULL BAR. Chose wisely.

I think I will go. Haven't been in a while. To bad my Cougar isn't finished, could have brought that and the Cobra.
Think I will bring the Lightning.

The Knott's hotel has a great Bar/restaurant, the breakfast buffet is what I like. Lots of cool cars the day before the show. 14 years in a row and counting, it's walking distance from the show, there is a Fridays close by, the chicken place near by is out standing. Did I mention they have a FULL BAR. Chose wisely.

Booked @ the Knotts Berry Farm hotel. April 28 to May 1. There's a discount code for the Fab Fords event. Basic room (2 queen) @ $115 a night. There's also a $5 parking fee per night too. So, $120 a night plus taxes.

Link to Fab Fords page about discount code: http://www.fabulousfordsforever.org/...-for-2017-show

Did I get it right Alex ?

Scott

Yes when you pull up to the hotel we tell the person in the booth your checking in, I go directly around back to the main lot and then check. Then I run in to the rest room while my bro checks us in.

We just booked @ Knotts hotel April 28-May 1,
our evolving plan is to hit Knotts theme park for sat, car show Sunday, then continue our Cali family vacation.
Disneyland, California adventure, hit a railroad museum or 2, still planning stuff for the week.

So whats that 4 trucks from the North ? When we meet at the Shell station @the 5 we try to roll out about 9:00 AM, any later than that and we will see heavy traffic as we get to that last hour of the trip. We always stop for lunch at the BBQ place, then it's on to Buena Park. For you guys with trailers the parking lot at the Knotts hotel is big and the other trailer guys park towards the back of the lot. They have security patrolling the lot 24/7 so you will be safe. I look forwards to meeting you guys from the WASLO. My cell # is 650 922 2136 feel free to call and let me know your ETA.

How fast do you all drive when your towing ?

Kind of a guess Alex, but I'd say between 60 and 70 MPH. One should be towing with an open deck trailer, the other two should have enclosed trailers. At least one will have a gas engine tow vehicle and that will hurt going up the Grapevine. Again, these are guesses for the other guys that plan on towing.

Scott

Are you guys going to drive strait through, or break it up into 2 days?
I was planing on leaving Thursday morning and stopping in Redding or Sacramento for the night and Driving the rest of the way on Friday.

I'm planning to head out Thursday morning, Marty...I haven't given it a lot of thought of how far I'll get on day one. I do plan on hitting Knotts all day on Saturday though.

I'm towing with my PSD F350.

Back