Fab Fords Forever 2017

Thanks for the advice, Paul. I definitely would have made a nice donation to the museum. Your advice will definitely be listened to. I'm still holding out for a last minute decision that you a Margaret will decide to come down :).

So here is what I found:
the P-38 is not available that weekend :(

Surf City Garage is remodeling their entire building, so no open houses for another month. :(

John Forces shop and museum are open on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm.

George if you have any ideas please let us know. I can go to these places anytime so I just want the norcal guys and the Washington guys to have a good time.

Donut Derelicts on Saturday morning is cool.
Seal Beach Car Show is on Saturday, our trucks are too new to enter but the show is nice and located along the beach. http://sealbeachchamber.org/seal-beach-car-show-gallery/
All Woodie car show at Doheny State Beach http://socalcarculture.com/Images/042917DohenyWood.pdf
We can drive the coast line and see were it leads us.
There are several car museums in the area. https://petersen.org/
Santa Monica Pier is neat, Route 66 ends at the pier.
The NHRA Drag Racing Museum in Pomona is a cool place. http://www.nhramuseum.org/index.asp
Visit Huntington Beach or Balboa Island
We visited the Planes of Fame air museum as mentioned above however there is another air museum called the Yanks Air Museum in Chino. They also have a Lockheed P-38L Lightning on display, don't know if we could take pictures with it or not? https://yanksair.org/collection/lockheed-ec-121t-super-constellation-warning-star-2/
We toured Galpin Auto Sports http://galpinautosports.com/
Last year we toured Hillbank Motorsports http://hillbankusa.com/

PS - I received my registration as well.

Last edited:
Repost of meet up times and locations:

Meet up times and places for Friday April 28th are .....

The first meet up spot is in Patterson, Sperry Ave Exit off HWY 5 @ 8:00 AM - AM/PM Gas Station

The second meet up spot is in Los Banos, Exit # 391 Mercey Springs Road off HWY 5 @ 8:45 AM - Shell Gas Station

Please remember to bring your Walkie Talkie radios, sun screen, shorts, dinner show tickets, small tool box, fuses, duct tape and a spare tire.

We usually stop for lunch at a BBQ spot along the way ...... yummy!

Friday evening - meet at the bar, Knott's Hotel at 6:00 PM. We can decide on Saturdays activities and discuss dinner options

So far for Saturday -
Donut Derelicts Cruise-In - Meet in the Knott's Hotel back parking lot at 6:00 AM

Sunday - Meet at the Knott's back parking lot at 5:30 AM and head to the show.

I'm looking forward to seeing many Lightnings on this trip to the Knott's show. Once we get to the SoCal area we stay on I 5 to Buena Park, we always run into traffic those last few miles, other routes are the 405, 110 to 91. We can talk about the final route at the Willows BBQ.

I will be traveling down with everyone on Friday 4/28 and will be at the first meet up spot in Patterson, Sperry Ave Exit off HWY 5 @ 8:00 AM - AM/PM Gas Station.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Are you guys ready?
2zsy8t0.jpg

My buddy Bruce and myself will meet you BALA troops at exit 391 Friday morning ! The SuperCab is getting it's detailing this week (by me) and it's been serviced, checked over and is ready to roll after it gets it's "makeup" on ! Looking forward to caravaning with more Lightnings !!

Scott

My buddy Bruce and myself will meet you BALA troops at exit 391 Friday morning ! The SuperCab is getting it's detailing this week (by me) and it's been serviced, checked over and is ready to roll after it gets it's "makeup" on ! Looking forward to caravaning with more Lightnings !!

Scott

I need to detail my truck as well. I noticed several black scuff marks along the bottom of the truck from those pesky cones that jump out in front of me.;)

By the way Scott, is Bruce driving down with an L or is he your co-pilot?

George

Folks that will be at this years show.

CELEBRITIES -
•Sebastien Bourdais: The star French driver who co-drove the winning Ford GT in the 2016 Le Mans 20 Hours and this year's Daytona 24 Hours! Sebastien will be joining us fresh from his appearance in the Phoenix Grand Prix IndyCar race on April 29th!
•Camilo Pardo: who was tapped by Ford Motor Company as Chief Designer for the Ford GT and the SVT Studio to design the 2005 and 2006 production Ford GT
•Donald Farr: a noted Mustang authority with is new book "Ford Mustang: America's Original Pony Car"
•Tom Loeser: celebrated auto photographer with is exquisite book featuring his photos and text by Donald Far "Art of the Mustang" •Donald and Tom will have their books available at the show for purchase and in-person autograph signing.

•Linda Vaughn and Rob Kinnan: promoting their book "Linda Vaughn, the First Lady of Motorsports"
•Steve Saleen: Who's legendary Saleen vehicles including the Saleen S7 and Saleen Mustang have a huge fan base
•Donny Caccamise and Tom Spence: Host the national Horsepower for an Hour radio show and will be on stage throughout the day

SPECIAL CARS ON DISPLAY -
•2017 Ford GT race car
•2005 Ford GT owned by Camilo Pardo
•2018 Ford Mustang

Running good or not, I and the truck will be there,
We are doing a family vacation for Sat / the whole week after and booked solid, so will only see you guys at the show.
I will be there all day, so should have plenty of time to meet you guys, I am guessing I will have the only Gen1 with a hair dryer under the hood, should be easy to find me. lol.
Corey

I need to detail my truck as well. I noticed several black scuff marks along the bottom of the truck from those pesky cones that jump out in front of me.;)

By the way Scott, is Bruce driving down with an L or is he your co-pilot?

George

Now George, you're 'sposed to miss those cones ! Little clay barring or a compound for those pesky "black marks".

Bruce is co-piloting with me this year. After this gig we're headed back to KC for the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour in June. Bucket list thing.....

Scott

Running good or not, I and the truck will be there,
We are doing a family vacation for Sat / the whole week after and booked solid, so will only see you guys at the show.
I will be there all day, so should have plenty of time to meet you guys, I am guessing I will have the only Gen1 with a hair dryer under the hood, should be easy to find me. lol.
Corey

I'm getting excited! I'll be there too!

Look forward to meeting you both.

Now George, you're 'sposed to miss those cones ! Little clay barring or a compound for those pesky "black marks".

Bruce is co-piloting with me this year. After this gig we're headed back to KC for the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour in June. Bucket list thing.....

Scott

Hot Rod Power Tour is on my bucket list as well however I am registered to run the Silver State Classic in September and knock that one off the list. https://www.sscc.us/default.aspx

George

Hot Rod Power Tour is on my bucket list as well however I am registered to run the Silver State Classic in September and knock that one off the list. https://www.sscc.us/default.aspx

George

Super George ! I think that may be the same event our Yellow SuperCab L ran back in 1994. Was called the BluBlocker 100 then. The truck ran in the 115 mph class and won it's class ! Seems the following year Roy's Grabber Blue truck ran the same event. Same guy drove both trucks in that event. T.J. Clark was the driver.

8192092449_a1961e179f_b.jpg

8192092225_b722ce215c_b.jpg

Scott

Super George ! I think that may be the same event our Yellow SuperCab L ran back in 1994. Was called the BluBlocker 100 then. The truck ran in the 115 mph class and won it's class ! Seems the following year Roy's Grabber Blue truck ran the same event. Same guy drove both trucks in that event. T.J. Clark was the driver.

8192092449_a1961e179f_b.jpg

8192092225_b722ce215c_b.jpg

Scott

Wow, that is very cool! I'm entered in the Touring Class (all first timers have to run this class) and need to average 110 MPH with a do not exceed speed of 124 MPH for the 90 mile course.

George

Wow, that is very cool! I'm entered in the Touring Class (all first timers have to run this class) and need to average 110 MPH with a do not exceed speed of 124 MPH for the 90 mile course.

George

Will you be running the Lightning or another vehicle (Corvette in your garage if I remember correctly) ? I look forward to talking with you about the event you're going to run !

Scott

Will you be running the Lightning or another vehicle (Corvette in your garage if I remember correctly) ? I look forward to talking with you about the event you're going to run !

Scott

I'm running the Lightning and may run the Corvette at the Mojave Mile next year.

George

Changes to Show Entrance

Q: I heard that there have been some changes to the show lot. What changes have been made?
A: The BIGGEST change has been the expansion currently under construction at Knott's Soak City water park. Due to this expansion, we have lost some of the parking that we had near the water park. To accommodate the loss of spaces, Knott's has acquired additional space near the former Stanton entrance. Also, some improvements have been made to the existing parking lot. All of the spaces have been restriped and repainted. These improvements will help us with parking during the show.

Q: Did the Stanton entrance close? Where will we enter the show now?
A: As part of the realignment of the parking lot, the gate used to enter the show (the Stanton entrance), has been permanently removed. The new entrance to the show lot for registered entries will be the Northbound Beach Boulevard entrance. The best way to line up for this entrance is the same way everyone currently lines up: along La Palma Ave, to Stanton Ave, south to Crescent Ave (turning right), then north along Beach Blvd. The entrance is just past the bus stop near Independence Hall.

Q: With the changes to the parking lot, have the exits changed?
A: No, the exits from the parking lot have NOT changed. The large portion of the lot will still exit along La Palma Ave. The smaller portion of the lot will continue to exit via Stanton.

Back