Fab Fords Forever 2017

To the best of my knowledge there were 16 Full Effect SuperCab Lightning conversions done. I consider the yellow cab to be number 0. My wife doesn't like that so she calls it the prototype. Number 1 is in Louisiana, number 13 in the Bay area of CA, number 15 in Washington. The prototype is also in Washington. Bill Thomas was the owner of Full Effect, the yellow cab was his personal truck, and I'm told he kept horrible records. There is no real documentation from his company. I attempted to find him several years ago without success. The white one we have is not a Full Effect conversion though it is done in much the same way. So, I claim there were 17 total conversions known. 16 Full Effect and one done by the original owner. There are currently 4 Full Effect conversions known to exist and one non Full Effect conversion for a total of 5. There was also 2 CrewCab Lightning conversions done. There is one known to currently exist.

Not saying that is all that's out there now or that only 16 Full Effect conversions were done. It's the best information I have concerning the conversions.

Here's an option list for Full Effect conversions and this is thanks to Roy

8304113461_5bd390e660_o.jpg

Scott

I never knew the history of the SuperCab trucks, thanks for sharing Scott.

We have always enjoyed the Pirates and Medieval Times dinner shows when in SoCal.

A co-worker of mine told me about Teatro Martini http://teatromartini.com/ and said it was a great time. It too is a dinner show and get this, it's located in the same parking lot of the Pirates show. The yelp ratings are very good https://www.yelp.com/biz/teatro-martini-buena-park and perhaps this is an option. What do you guys think, want to try something new this year?

Good find George. I would have to run in pro. With a stick shift turbo car bracket racing would be......Interesting. I will look into this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good find George. I would have to run in pro. With a stick shift turbo car bracket racing would be......Interesting. I will look into this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have run my truck there before and my times were about a half a second slower than Sacramento which I figured was due to the differences in elevations (Sac=30 ft. vs. Fontana=1,144 ft.)

Last edited:
I never knew the history of the SuperCab trucks, thanks for sharing Scott.

You're welcome George ! Has been interesting chasing info on the conversions. Did a lot myself but again Roy was/is a tremendous source of info !

Excellent! Look forward to meeting all you folks from up North. :tu

PS - Also good to see Scott again.

Hey George, it'll be good to see you again as well. Had some good times at your home some years ago ! Be equally good to see the rest of the BALA crew as well !

Good people, good trucks, good times.....it just can't get any better than that !!!

Scott

georgeLisaBBQ.jpg
I remember that GTG, we need to have more of them.

That was GOOD times for Jean and I ! Was great to meet the many BALA members that attended and GREAT to see a bunch of Lightnings and an HD too all together. As I remember we weren't supposed to be on the grass but we did anyway !!

Scott

Not sure. I talked with him last week but he wasn't sure he would be able to make it down.

Scott

Back