Fab Fords Forever 2017

Thanks for the well-wishes guys!

Wow! That pic was a long time ago! I look a little different now. More white hair...and that tank top shrunk!

Thanks for the well-wishes guys!

Wow! That pic was a long time ago! I look a little different now. More white hair...and that tank top shrunk!

Concerning the tank top issue Paul I set a goal of losing 15 pounds this year.....I only have 20 left to go !

Scott

For you BALA guys my buddy and I are planning to meet up at exit 391 on Friday. Will be staying at a Quality Inn at exit 407 Thursday eve. Have a few parts to pick up from a guy that is local to that area. Are there any specific plans formulated for Saturday ?

Scott

Well the problem is Paul always organized everything on the Saturday before. So I don't know what, if anything has been planned. We should start the discussion now, I guess. Any Washington guys have anything specific they want to do, since they are making the big trip down? We always went to medieval times or the pirate adventure show Saturday night for dinner. Anybody have any ideas please post up.

I know one (e9tac) is planning on attending Knotts Berry Farm on Saturday as he's never been. I'm of the mind to follow the lead of the BALA guys as you've been there for many years and I would think have a kind of plan for the day. Cruise ins, dinner and show as you mentioned, ?

Scott

Ok, well, here are my suggestions. Please tell me what you might be interested in:

Saturday morning we go to Donut Derelicts for the morning car show and a Donut, of course.

Then mid morning we have a few choices:

Are you guys interested in me contacting the planes of fame to see if we can take pics of our trucks with the P-38 again?
Or
I can reach out to surf city garage to see if they will let us see their muscle car collection again.

Then for lunch, we go on a short cruise on the ortega highway and each lunch at the look out cafe.

Drive back to the hotel then you have the afternoon to detail your trucks and rest.

Then dinner at Medieval Times, kind of a tradition for us.

These are just suggestions, please feel free to bring up something else.
Also, if your interested in going into LA, there is the Peterson Automotive Museum.
It's up to you guys.

I may be in, Knotts is only like 35 Minutes away from me.. For sure going, but not sure If I can join the extra activities.. Will let you guys know in a few days

Ok, well, here are my suggestions. Please tell me what you might be interested in:

Saturday morning we go to Donut Derelicts for the morning car show and a Donut, of course.

Are you guys interested in me contacting the planes of fame to see if we can take pics of our trucks with the P-38 again?
Or
I can reach out to surf city garage to see if they will let us see their muscle car collection again.

Then for lunch, we go on a short cruise on the ortega highway and each lunch at the look out cafe.

Drive back to the hotel then you have the afternoon to detail your trucks and rest.

Also, if your interested in going into LA, there is the Peterson Automotive Museum.
It's up to you guys.

I'm in for whatever is decided. The photos with a P-38 is really special. Would love to have a Lightning in the background with our SuperCab L. If others aren't interested in returning for a photo shoot than the Surf City Garage is great with me ! Medieval Times sounds super too. We up here are rookies from the NW so I will definitely follow your lead. For me this is a one time deal so want to experience all you guys do.

Scott

Or

It's up to you guys.

+1......sounds good.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on much with work being so busy and me traveling a lot. For those that sent me a PM, sorry for the delayed responses.

I'm registered for the show however I may have a problem joining you folks for the drive down on Friday 4/28 due to a work related commitment. I may have to drive down late Friday evening or Saturday morning depending on when my flight lands in Sacramento. I'll keep you all posted.

Turbo Bolt's (Buckley) suggestions for Saturday sounds good to me but would like to hear what the Washington folks would like to do.

George

Ok, I will contact those places and see if they are willing. I will also call John force and see if they do tours as well. As George said, any of the Washington guys have something they want to do then please let us know. Thanks

Or

It's up to you guys.

Just two comments:

If you go to the Donut Derelict cruise-in at Adams Ave. Donuts, get there as early as possible. We got there between 7:30 and 8am last year and most of the cars were gone already.

If you decide to try Planes of Fame, please don't be tightwads and give them a nice donation to help maintain the P-38. We had a hard time when we did it; it was like pulling teeth to get cash! Offer them a donation when you make the call.
Also, they were building a special Quonset hut for the P-38's hangar; we gave them a NLOC decal to hang inside it; see if it's there.

George has helped to organize our Fab Fords weekends also. He has found many local shows and places to go, like Bob's Big Boy, where we met George Barris.:tu

I hope you guys have a great time! I can't wait to read all about it! Meanwhile, Margaret is feeling better. Walking without aids now, and driving herself to physical therapy and around town. We're going on a short Princess cruise next week!

Thanks for the advice, Paul. I definitely would have made a nice donation to the museum. Your advice will definitely be listened to. I'm still holding out for a last minute decision that you a Margaret will decide to come down :).

So here is what I found:
the P-38 is not available that weekend :(

Surf City Garage is remodeling their entire building, so no open houses for another month. :(

John Forces shop and museum are open on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm.

George if you have any ideas please let us know. I can go to these places anytime so I just want the norcal guys and the Washington guys to have a good time.

Back