World's Fastest Lightnings (TOP 15)

Ralph,
Was just looking at the list of The fastest 15. Been a long time sense I looked at it. I see you had Ted William's listed on there. Do you think Jerry should still be listed even know it's the same truck ? Jerry did do most of the work on the truck to get it to where it is today ? Also what you think of making the list "The top 20 or 25" ? You have to be knocking on the 8's door just to make the list. I was just thinking out loud.

Ralph,
Was just looking at the list of The fastest 15. Been a long time sense I looked at it. I see you had Ted William's listed on there. Do you think Jerry should still be listed even know it's the same truck ? Jerry did do most of the work on the truck to get it to where it is today ? Also what you think of making the list "The top 20 or 25" ? You have to be knocking on the 8's door just to make the list. I was just thinking out loud.

I ONLY wanted the TOP 10 list to be honest with you Brian. Jamie V. pushed for a TOP 15 & Now you want a TOP 25?
If you want to take over the ET. list to figure out a TOP 25 list be my guest. I think Top 25 is tough to figure out.
As far as Jerry Skinner goes, how would you list it?

Last edited:
I will pass on doing the list. Your doing a fine job. As for Jerry I would list him and a picture of the truck when he owned it. I think just because he sold it dont mean he should be taken off the list. I think he deserves to be on the list, he's earned it. :2cents:

I will pass on doing the list. Your doing a fine job. As for Jerry I would list him and a picture of the truck when he owned it. I think just because he sold it dont mean he should be taken off the list. I think he deserves to be on the list, he's earned it. :2cents:

How's that?

Love the time and tireless effort that has gone into this ling time follow-up of these bad *** trucks and the folks who make them work. Many just do not realize what it does take work/money wise to get that last extra 10th for a day or weekend at the track. And money spent?..well.if anyone is like I was, I'm sure they don't really want to talk about that. Reading back thru this list reminds me of when we used to race NHRA S/S, times/mhp leaders changed with the wind in class racing!
If I may, and it's just a slight suggestion, but maybe if one took the inactive guys onto a list of "all-time great's" or something, sold/wrecked/otherise gone trucks to a "hall-of-fame" style list and maybe that way it could qwell some of the concerns, but again, it don't matter, there will always be thinsg brought up. Just a thought, and I personallly want to thank those who provide us all with the reason's for compitition, kuddo's for the hard work, thank you for your time spend entertaining the world!
And to Ralph, well, to keep this post up and trunning for so,long, your fairness and your skillz, AMAZING!, and priceless, Thank YOU!

My junk went a little faster; its got more in it. Just the track wasnt there as my 60ft shows....

photobucket-7310-1321751718305.jpg

The list sure has some impressive times. But most at the top of the list don't appear to be actual lightnings at all. But rather most likely tube chassis with a glass Lightning body. If it doesn't have the original frame/body is it really an L?

The list sure has some impressive times. But most at the top of the list don't appear to be actual lightnings at all. But rather most likely tube chassis with a glass Lightning body. If it doesn't have the original frame/body is it really an L?

Welcome to the never ending discussion.......

We could discuss this topic for months. All I will say is it's hard to challenge for the top spots unless you have a 25.1 full tube chassis with a carbon fiber body or glass shell of a body that resembles a Lightning!
On a side note, the NHRA has specific rules for cars and trucks running 9.99 and faster that you must follow. Once you build a truck faster than 8.50 you need a 25.5 or 25.4 chassis cert legal to 7.50 :) Things get even more involved with a 25.1 - 25.2 chassis cert legal to 6.00 :D
When a chassis guy follows the rule book to make your vehicle ''legal'' to race, this is when the "Lightning truck purest" says that's not a Lightning anymore! You can either follow the rules or make 1 run and get kicked out of every joint you go to...... That gets old Fast!

Oh here we go again!

lol

Welcome to the never ending discussion.......

This is a riddle that will never be solved

Back