World's Fastest Lightnings (TOP 15)

RE: dowheelies

Yes, he is. That's why I stuck in the matter of weight. He is a full OE chassis with a 4link rear (not that weight hasn't been taken out....it has), but it is hard to compare that truck to a full tube chissis truck weighing in at, what, 700-800lbs plus, less than he is.

Even so, Eric is a good racer and, although he is not going to make LightningFest, would do well heads up against most.

Yes, he is. That's why I stuck in the matter of weight. He is a full OE chassis with a 4link rear (not that weight hasn't been taken out....it has), but it is hard to compare that truck to a full tube chassis truck weighing in at, what, 700-800lbs plus, less than he is.

Even so, Eric is a good racer and, although he is not going to make LightningFest, would do well heads up against most.

Ok, I'm lost? Who are you talking about?

You said it's hard to compare a certain truck to a full tube chassis truck. Well if you make both trucks the same your not actually comparing the trucks your comparing the power they make right? When you compare trucks you compare the whole truck. Power, weight, drivetrain, aerodynamics, etc right? You can compare a gen 1 and gen 2 that both weigh the same and make the same power but the gen 2 will go faster because it is more aerodynamic right?

What exactly are you trying to compare? There is no doubt that Gary's truck is faster then every other lightning. Is weight part of it? Sure. But so is power, traction, and aerodynamics. The only thing all these trucks have in common is that they are lightnings. Some are full tube chassis, some are full framed, some have glass parts some have steel parts, some are turbo some are supercharged, some have small blocks, some have big blocks. It goes on and on and on.

Table racing is just that, talk. :embar:

Show the time slips, same track, same day and then we can compare. ;)

I believe tk452 is just a troll! :noentry:

Whats a guy gotta do to get added to this list?

65720_1706530192479_1514784447_31714138_4120859_n.jpg

Casey's truck is strong. The crowd in the bleachers were stunned. When his time came up they were saying "WTF", did he just run a 8.8? Congrats again.

Anyone know what Casey's truck weighs in at? Only reason I ask is are times are kind of close, and I firgured Gen 2's are usually alot heavier then us Gen 1 guys. Mine weighs in at 3850lb

Anyone know what Casey's truck weighs in at? Only reason I ask is are times are kind of close, and I firgured Gen 2's are usually alot heavier then us Gen 1 guys. Mine weighs in at 3850lb

With me it was 3930 in track trim yesturday.

Ray, is that with or without you?

Thats with me, 20lbs of ice in the intercooler and fuel.

Casey, you really got that truck pretty lite. Very impressed with the whole run, but your 60ft and 1/8mile is Moving for a truck of that weight.:eek:ldtu:

Thats with me, 20lbs of ice in the intercooler and fuel.

Casey, you really got that truck pretty lite. Very impressed with the whole run, but your 60ft and 1/8mile is Moving for a truck of that weight.:eek:ldtu:

Thanks! The 1/4 times were a little off. It crossed the line at 6500, and Ive been shifting it about 7500 The datalogs show it being lazy up in 3rd gear. Some more gear and it will help a lot; its only got a 3.50 gear and a 30" tire. Its been a 1.27 60ft at a different track also.

Looks like you did what was necessary! Seeing it in person was quite a treat. What gear you going to?

Jim

Might end up trying a few; its got a 3.50 A 4.10 would put the MPH/RPM right, but worried about traction at the line with that much gear ratio. 3.73 would be pointless swap. Im thinking 3.90

Back