What did you do with your Lightning today

Thanks! I've renewed my membership so plenty of room now.

I put a deposit on an XLT bed yesterday that's 90%, but I'll certainly take a look at anything else nearby!

Thanks! I've renewed my membership so plenty of room now.

I put a deposit on an XLT bed yesterday that's 90%, but I'll certainly take a look at anything else nearby!

I sent a PM with the name and phone number Jeff. If you don't need it maybe someone on here can use a bed.

Not a Lightning thing but this is what I did today. 2 ton minisplit in the garage.
fa14e369da2286703fa45cba2a735a39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yea that’s awesome man! How much did it run you if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 2 ton 20 seer unit. I also had to redo some ductwork in my house (had a damper closed up hidden under sheetrock). All together it was $3400. I think the minisplit would have been about $2700 without the ductwork in the house.

Not much difference. Pretty much the same. Mine is diakin. It was something like $2200 + the install. Its not super hard to install one. I would have done it but I really didn't have time and I needed his help with the ductwork anyway.

I also got a 12 year warranty through my guy. Its on just parts but he said he would cover labor.

I am going to put an extra layer of filter material on top where the return comes in to keep more garage dust out.

So far it heats my 24x36 with no insulation up about 25 degrees above outside air temp. But I sized it small for better humidity control in summer. It can pull out 104 pints of water a day!

Gottya! I bought and installed a $800 24000 BTU through the wall unit for my partially insulated 30x 30 shop. It’s only 11000 btu heat so not enough but about 15° over outside. Ga winters aren’t typically that cold so on a high 40’s day it heats to about 60 which is ok to work in. We will see how the AC does and insulate the rest of there’s a problem. When I priced a mini split, the estimated were around $5000 so I went this route. I wished I would have seen the version of yours on Amazon Ray. I would have went bigger but that’s still a much better price and efficient system.

Senville offers a couple different levels. The one I chose has the highest energy efficiency (Aura is their "Ultra High Efficiency") and I am really glad I chose it as I run it pretty much constantly to keep the garage around 68-70. I've seen very little impact to my electricity bill.

Yea, I love those split units! So far mine has cost me an extra $40 per month. Not bad..

Us sheet metal guys hate those mini-split things.

My setup is a 85,000 BTU natural gas forced air furnace with a 2.5 ton 13 seer AC

My garage is 24x40x10 and has R19 in the walls and R30 in the ceiling. I can heat it as high as I want in the winter (it was 19° outside this morning when I left for work and the garage is set to 52°) and I’m not sure how cold I can get it with the AC in the summer (I’ve had it as cold as 65° inside when it was 94° outside just testing it).

The air sealing and insulation is more important then your heater!

78509b67e2fdb874c59d677b37caceea.jpg
dd1ec76dc4113d2f6822d4cf5757dca6.jpg

Yea that’s awesome! How much did that run you? I do t have natural gas around here but I know for heat it’s the absolute best.

I paid about $2,200 for the furnace, evaporator coil and outside condenser. Did all the install myself.

I'll be adding a split to the truck's bay in the garage this summer. The sun hits the door hard in the summer and it can be 110 degrees in the garage. Opening the door doesn't help.

I'll be adding a split to the truck's bay in the garage this summer. The sun hits the door hard in the summer and it can be 110 degrees in the garage. Opening the door doesn't help.

Ouch! Yea I added a 20’ carport in the front of mine for parking and working under when it’s nice out(about a month in Spring and Fall). It keeps the sun off the front doors as well for an added plus! R13 in the walls up to 8’ high all the way around. Trying to decide if I want to spray foam the rest. The unit looks small in the pic below but is 28” wide.
9e6e2d607a6e2cf8c2a2974c245c229e.jpg

43fa14336bf18c669fc0898691855c8c.jpg

9647b44ac4cade2a142f041890bd28b8.jpg

Back