What did you do to your gen 1 today

Time is more like it. The cost of the bushings and the time replacing them is cheap compared to setting the suspension back to a "new" condition. A Saturday afternoon will do it. I'll even come south to help if necessary. I have to pay back to the Board.
Go for it.

That's a tremendously generous offer, Jim, and I just might take you up on it come springtime when there's no more threat of snow & ice. Don't recall ever visiting Lancaster-town, so I'm up for an adventure either way!

Today I got my e4od back from its rebuild. I am just waiting on my rr converter from circle D and my new powerdyne kit.

I took the cover off, and moved it from the right garage bay, to the center garage bay, then put the cover back on. Actually it was 2 days ago. :usflgwav:

Tore out the smog pump and thermactor crap. Learned my smog pump eliminator sheave bushing is too tall and needs to have the bushing milled for proper belt alignment. No biggie. Called a buddy that literally has a machineshop in his garage and set an appointment for tomorrow to make it right.
94c5103fd10ecc4ecc47f9b0bfb3b32b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had belt issues a lot it seems. My smog pump delete pulley was about a year old and sheered off. How much did you have to milled?

I have had belt issues a lot it seems. My smog pump delete pulley was about a year old and sheered off. How much did you have to milled?

We ended up taking about 7/16ths off in the lathe. I may have to tweek it once i get everything back together. We did measurements based on the wear on the idlers and their positioning on the bracket. Not sure how the final alignment with the crank pulley is going to be yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back