What did you do to your gen 1 today

No I'm serious. A blued bolt head vs a stainless bolt head. Or casehardened or zinc chromate. I'm talking color combos.
I used all stainless.

The manifold base fasteners are ARP studs with 12 pt. nuts and the two center fasteners are SS hex head bolts with SS washers (couldn't find matching studs long enough and couldn't afford to have ARP custom make them for me ... although I did ask them to).

I personally like the look of black oxide fasteners on the aluminum but, the black oxide does rust at some point. I went with all ARP SS on my engine to thwart the RUUUUUST.

I personally like the look of black oxide fasteners on the aluminum but, the black oxide does rust at some point. I went with all ARP SS on my engine to thwart the RUUUUUST.

Black oxide is cool but has anyone ever done gunmetal blued bolts ala birchwood-casey wise to bolts for a color contrast?

What type fasteners? Stainless or blued?

I originally planned stainless for mine but then again it's Red... If It was white or black I could see more options personally. Black oxide or Blue would look cool on yours, IMO!

I originally planned stainless for mine but then again it's Red... If It was white or black I could see more options personally. Black oxide or Blue would look cool on yours, IMO!

Lol in the mean time i got a frikkin mess....
6139ec6862e1d49ae16adcb9181d2d0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think gun bluing would look pretty cool. Can you blue a SS fastener? I'll try one today and post a pic, think I have some bluing at the shop.
Black oxide is cool but has anyone ever done gunmetal blued bolts ala birchwood-casey wise to bolts for a color contrast?

Back