Vortech V3

That’s what I want! Silent up front! I even think my Tial blowoff is a little overkill. Lots of air noise while driving. It WOOSHES!! In/out constantly! I’m just tired of it! Lol I guess I’m getting old? I still want power just kinda stealthy

I hear you, I currently run the stock bosch valve dumped to the atmosphere and it's a little annoying to me now. Looking to back to the stock set up, that was STEALTH!!!!!! Trust me you will surprise ppl for sure

People don't know my truck is superchargered unless I show or tell them. Sure surprised the hell out of quite a few people on the streets

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Well I got a good deal on a brand new V3, Si-trim, curved discharge, CW blower. Should have it soon. I hope I made a good choice. I have everything to build a new blower outlet pipe using the bosch valve. I’ll see how it sounds with the Tial and this new blower once I get it mounted up.

Hopefully I’ll have it bolted on and running by next weekend. I left all supporting systems in place so I just need to bolt the bracket back on and the blower and send it. I’m a little worried about the durability of the blower with being self contained. I like the idea of oil injector shooting oil directly on the gears at all times on V1/V2 models. From what I gather the V3 has a oil slinger inside to throw the oil around in the case and now I’ll need to buy seperate oil for the blower and change it.

But you’re not considering the part where if something happens to the supercharger it does not contaminate the oil in the engine and vice versa.

Look at all the street outlaw guys running prochargers, they are all self contained.

Jamie is right. V3 is cheaper to fix vs a motor. Plus they're good reliable units just like any of the others.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I think most of the modern compressors are self-contained, aren't they?

Superchargers aren't like turbos. They don't need the oil to cool the bearings, only to keep everything lubricated.

I'd go for a self-contained unit over an externally oiled one without any hesitation at all!

I'd go for a self-contained unit over an externally oiled one without any hesitation at all!

This x 100. When I first installed my Novi 2000 I hooked up the pressure side, but had the drain side in a 5 gal bucket. Then I used my drill to spin the oil pump and purge out any old oil or potential debris from the Novi as I had bought it used and it sat for a while. I've also thought about running a filter on the oil drain side in case anything ever went wrong with the blower thinking it might provide some sort of protection.

Anyway, self contained is the way to go.

One more thing to add which is probably not a big deal to most people but I would really like to mount my supercharger down low, incognito, and it can’t be done unless it is self contained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of the modern compressors are self-contained, aren't they?

Superchargers aren't like turbos. They don't need the oil to cool the bearings, only to keep everything lubricated.

I’ve been reading a lot I about them. The new era of blowers are self contained. You can still get oil fed units too. I’ll tell you what I did.. I bout a V3 Si-trim supercharger kit for a small block Chevy. I’m just gonna take the blower outta the box and sell the install kit whole. That is if anyone buys it? If not I paid the same price for this kit as if I bought the blower straight from Vortech by itself. I may just put the kit up incase I get a itch for a 80’s iroc-z! Lol

I got my new V3 today.
ccce0ea4bb6e562171b2fa2995b0e7e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI
My E-bay V3 had to be clocked and I had to swap my dipstick and vent. Vortech told me the vent needed to be in the highest hole. I’m sure you researched it all, or may have already known that but , may give the vent a check for proper position.

Just FYI
My E-bay V3 had to be clocked and I had to swap my dipstick and vent. Vortech told me the vent needed to be in the highest hole. I’m sure you researched it all, or may have already known that but , may give the vent a check for proper position.
Thanks for the tip!

Back