Vortech V3

The angle that the head unit set in the snakebite bracket I had required me to purchase a different dipstick.

e44aea99fa0267284047a13125d884fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a done deal! Now to take it for a drive! I’m very happy. It’s almost silent!

Thanks guys. I drove it for a few minutes last night. It’s a night and day difference. I doubt I’ll be getting the “look” at the car shows since it’s been toned down but I will be able to sneak around on back roads, neighborhoods and fishing spots much better without people coming out of their homes to see the commotion! Lol

Thanks guys. I drove it for a few minutes last night. It’s a night and day difference. I doubt I’ll be getting the “look” at the car shows since it’s been toned down but I will be able to sneak around on back roads, neighborhoods and fishing spots much better without people coming out of their homes to see the commotion! Lol

What plug gap are you running? Did you change it? I’m at .37 and wondering cause I saw you at .30. Am I correct in think that the wider you can get without blowout is better and will make a hotter spark?

What plug gap are you running? Did you change it? I’m at .37 and wondering cause I saw you at .30. Am I correct in think that the wider you can get without blowout is better and will make a hotter spark?

Mine are at .030”.
From what D.U.I says you can run wider gap if you use their igniter coil. From what I’ve ever been told it to run the widest gap you can but I think boosted apps are different, but I’m not professional tuner by any means. I only run the .030” gap because it’s the popular opinion from guys running mild boost levels. I use the NGK TR6 plug which is one step colder I believe to help with pre-ignition due to hotter cylinder temps from the blower. Guys running more power and more boost run .025”and tighter.

Yea I’m not having any pre-ignition issues and truck so far has not even tried to heat up. What kind of boost are you seeing and what pulley’s are you using?

Depending on boost levels and ignition power the gap will vary. You’ll know the gap is too big if it starts breaking up in the upper RPMs.

Yea I’m not having any pre-ignition issues and truck so far has not even tried to heat up. What kind of boost are you seeing and what pulley’s are you using?

I haven’t fully ran it from a dig yet but so far I’ve just leaned on it a little and I saw it go to 8lbs. I have a 6.87” Vortech 8-rib crank pulley and a 3.125” blower pulley. I bet it’ll run 10lbs. I had a 3.33” before on the V1 and it was 8lbs. I want to get another 3.33” or even a 3.47”. With the new exhaust and 10lbs boost my AFR was going slightly lean on long pulls so I want to keep it at 8lbs. I have stock fuel pumps with a Walbro 255 inline pump that turns on at almost 3lbs boost.

I don’t drive around putting into boost all the time. There’s times I may not even see boost. But even under vacuum the blower still ads some pep to even just normal driving. It’s great all around really. I hear my blow off air but it’s acceptable. I have the materials to make another blower outlet pipe using a bosch valve and will go ahead and get it welded up soon just to have.

dd6c6d8df78732b907cfaaf9f9d40535.jpg

I couldn’t get a 1” black silicon elbow so I settled for blue for now, they sent me a giant one too lol. The pipe isn’t polished like I thought it was gonna be either. I may paint it black afterwards and find a black silicon tube. This is like the 3rd or 4th tube setup I’ve put together.

My set up is just like yours and I have seen 10 when into it pretty good. Yes , I know what you mean about the ease and feel of just cruising and accelerating and not even in boost, it’s great. I like the Bosh valve really well, but I haven’t tried any other.. glad you’re happy since you’re advise built my set up. I’m thinking of going bigger injectors (24) and TWEECER. I’ve had the tweecer over a year and just need to learn and get a tune from someone on here that’s willing to step me through it all like you did with the Vortech..

dd6c6d8df78732b907cfaaf9f9d40535.jpg

I couldn’t get a 1” black silicon elbow so I settled for blue for now, they sent me a giant one too lol. The pipe isn’t polished like I thought it was gonna be either. I may paint it black afterwards and find a black silicon tube. This is like the 3rd or 4th tube setup I’ve put together.

Can you just get a different Tial valve that can be recirculated instead of going to that plastic valve that is most likely too small.

Can you just get a different Tial valve that can be recirculated instead of going to that plastic valve that is most likely too small.

I don’t know. It’s so much quieter now I am not too concerned. But since I have this stuff I’m gonna just make another one up. I have read the bosch valve is good to 10psi.

I still think that oil is ATF fluid lol..

It's pricey
Haha, ATF has to many detergents. I have a warranty and requires me to buy oil from TorqStorm to keep the lifetime warrenty. They have already changed oil providers since I have owned it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back