Vortech V3

shaunditty

Shaunditty
I was getting annoyed with the sound of the V-1 at idle. I removed it and took it apart thinking it’s worn or broke. It’s not, it’s fine. Apparently that’s just the way they are. Driving around is fine but at idle and slow cruise it’s screaming! It was so loud that when I started my truck up with open headers the V1 drowned it all out. I decided to remove it and boy does the sound of the engine, long tubes and chambered mufflers sounds great! I’m down on power from what I’m used to but cruising is nice. Plus I have my AC working perfectly! So I’ve been looking into buying a brand new V2. The website says “drop in replacement for V1 and it’s nearly silent.” I am considering buying it sometime soon. Although I’d really like to get a upgraded ECU system like the Pimpxshift and a cam too. I sure do like quiet these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5e7c716d990a4bbf6c9b35b4fa5f40fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good plan buddy. You already have supply and return lines. And I with you on the pimpxshift and cam. I already have my pimpxshift just waiting for paint job to get finished to install. I'm going to do a detroit tru tracin the rear shortly after pimpxshift install and heads and cam as well but later maybe December or summer next year.

It’s official. Posted my Vortech V1 head unit for sale on EBay. I have it listed in the classifieds here too.

I remember you telling me; “ you’re not supposed to add it all up.” Haha, I know it’s hard to just pull the trigger. I also want the the pimp as well. The V3 was money well spent for me. Gonna cruise with what I have for a year then prolly just go pimpxshift as well. I do enjoy the way it is now.

I remember you telling me; “ you’re not supposed to add it all up.” Haha, I know it’s hard to just pull the trigger. I also want the the pimp as well. The V3 was money well spent for me. Gonna cruise with what I have for a year then prolly just go pimpxshift as well. I do enjoy the way it is now.

The PiMPxshift was probably the best money I ever spent on a street truck.

I sold my V1 and on the hunt for a V2 if anyone has a line on one that would be great. I look on eBay daily. I’ve never drove it like it is in it’s current configuration and I must say it runs pretty darn good! I wonder what’ll run as it sits? If I don’t find a good used one I’ll pick up a new one which is $2800 shipped straight from Vortech.

For a little bit more you can get a v3 which is the same as v2 just it's self contained. There are a few guy here running it and love it. I'm sure one of them can chime in with they're experience with it. I have one and it's awesome. Not trying to change your mind about the v2. For me I love that I don't have to worry about a oil supply and drain line or the added work of tapping for them. I know you already have the supply and drain line setup because of the v1 you had.

The first time I fired my truck up with the V1 on it, a buddy cranked it, and then I was screaming at him to shut it down, shut it down! After the Powerdyne and Kenne Bell, I thought it was self-destructing. :D

For a little bit more you can get a v3 which is the same as v2 just it's self contained. There are a few guy here running it and love it. I'm sure one of them can chime in with they're experience with it. I have one and it's awesome. Not trying to change your mind about the v2. For me I love that I don't have to worry about a oil supply and drain line or the added work of tapping for them. I know you already have the supply and drain line setup because of the v1 you had.
I’m not opposed to a V3. I believe it’s actually a better blower anyway. It supports 775hp and the V2 is 725hp I believe. I figured I could get the v2 cheaper plus I’d never have to change oil on the blower like the V3

- - - Updated - - -

The first time I fired my truck up with the V1 on it, a buddy cranked it, and then I was screaming at him to shut it down, shut it down! After the Powerdyne and Kenne Bell, I thought it was self-destructing. :D

I don’t miss that noise at all! I really hope to get a V2 second hand if I can. If not oh well. I’ll be honest I’m happy with how it runs now even though it’s probably a high 14sec truck now.

I understand second v2 is probably going to be a good deal. But if you're buying new I think it's worth it to just get a v3 at that point. I hope you're able to get what you want for a good price buddy. Buy new the price difference is a couple hundred at that point.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Just get then V3, just know the v3 id virtually silent.

That’s what I want! Silent up front! I even think my Tial blowoff is a little overkill. Lots of air noise while driving. It WOOSHES!! In/out constantly! I’m just tired of it! Lol I guess I’m getting old? I still want power just kinda stealthy

That who I was hoping to chime in just could remember you name the other day Chesebro

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Back