Upgrades for #772

Thank you sir! It’s a TFS R upper and lower with a 90mm Accufab throttle body. The stock lower and the TFS have runners that are way different so would not work.

This is the TFS R lower runners. The GT40 has round runners.

cb53433f08f01924844603d0656561c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's beautiful, looking for a similar setup to install in the bronco. Did you have to do any special mods to make the tb function properly?

Thanks again man. The TB hooked up with all stock parts. Nothing extra was needed.

Had a bad day last Thursday on the way home.

3a4c0e93853aeb82133d268552ee7572.jpg

Riding along around 80mph and all of a sudden she started popping and losing power. Shut it down and pulled over.. would turn over but wouldn’t fire off. Got it home and checked it out today. MSD coil has about 3500 miles on it gave out. Very dim spark at the coil and nothing at the coil. Bought a stock replacement coil and when diagnosing, also found a broken (aftermarket) rotor so replaced it as well with new MSD cap and rotor.

29a886d75791978161400f6468c96be7.jpg

Back up and tuning today. Getting closer but still got a little ways to go…

Buy a CAS from Stinger and go COP/CNP

Yea I like the cop set up but seems to run very well as far as spark goes so no need at this point. Got to put that money in a transmission soon, so that will be a project for down the road.

Removed the upper intake and the old exhaust preparing for the new fuel line set up. Will be selling it and installing full 3”. Will be very similar to a Pickrel set up when I get done using Magnaflow resonators and x pipe muffler.

7a6f299d31f144ae90b7ac746c3613ee.jpg

dba83c90358d8b4bcfbc4e12169869b1.jpg

Not sure but I know it will be loud and for a little over $20 ea not a bad investment to do all I can to simmer it down a bit. I installed hi flow cats on the old 2.5” set up and they made no difference. It was still moderately loud with the FM40’s.

Well as thought, the magnaflow 3” set up was too loud for me, so pulling it out and changing mufflers. Going to try the Walker quiet flow SS with dumps for now. We’ll see how they do..
f75dc0c96aa123affce03d60c5bc5ae6.jpg

d82862dcda3a0142fc978cf463ee6701.jpg

292859b0cbcbbd9bb45f7817b6945930.jpg

I thought that too yet mine is somehow louder with the turbo....

I think it's the right foot that makes it louder...

I run a big Magnaflow on my '95, and, along with the turbo, it's pretty dang quiet. I'd be surprised if you're happy with the dumps if you're looking for quiet. Going over the axle tames it a lot.

Last edited:
I think it's the right foot that makes it louder...

I run a big Magnaflow on my '95, and, along with the turbo, it's pretty dang quiet. I'd be surprised if you're happy with the dumps if you're looking for quiet. You going over the axle tames it a lot.

Yeah believe me dumping it before the axle is LOUD. I went to some big turbo mufflers from the 3” Magnaflows and it made zero difference in noise

If you have motortrend tv there are a bunch of episodes of engine masters that deals with exhaust and mufflers. Sound level is one of the things they test. Might be some help?

Back