Upgrades for #772

That's awesome and looks even shorter than mine. Can you take a video so we can hear it? Also what's the part# on those mufflers?

That's awesome and looks even shorter than mine. Can you take a video so we can hear it? Also what's the part# on those mufflers?

I’ll be glad to. Meant to yesterday but was in a rush to get back for dinner lol. I will get one today.

Part # is Walker Quiet Flow SS 21054

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew your was loud. I remember the magnaflow video. I don’t know by the sound meter but mine with the resonators and the mufflers, it’s a lot quieter than the magnaflow. After driving it a little more today I do notice a little bit of drone at idle but nothing after that. The magnaflow had a lot of drone up to about 2500 rpm or so and it was out the side vs these being dumped. I think you will like them.

Link to the resonators:

Dynomax Race Bullet 24250 Exhaust Resonator https://a.co/d/eXqGRg0

Yes.

Sent the videos to you via email since I can’t post.

Last edited:
Building a fuel system to feed this thing.. What do y’all think? Is this 1 liter surge tank big enough? 380 lph Quantum pump.
75cb7b01b321b3b930351ba21b4ce9a9.jpg

8249badf3e84280680aeeb06a3017d4a.jpg

Have to remember that the stock pumps are going to be moving a LOT of fuel with no pressure. I did some math once regarding someone's surge setup, maybe Travis', and estimated it would take over a minute at WOT to empty the surge tank. When are you ever going to be at WOT for over a minute??

Have to remember that the stock pumps are going to be moving a LOT of fuel with no pressure. I did some math once regarding someone's surge setup, maybe Travis', and estimated it would take over a minute at WOT to empty the surge tank. When are you ever going to be at WOT for over a minute??

Good info. I think I remember reading that in his time to go turbo thread. I’m thinking never.. I have done some wide open pulls before but with this kind of power I highly doubt I’ll be going above 150mph which I’m sure will be within 1 mile.

Mine is a gallon capacity minus the pump and such inside. I'd have to do the math again to see how long it would take to run dry if the stocker wasn't pumping but with the stock pumps will be flowing quite a bit more than expected as they are free flowing compared to making pressure so they work pretty good at keeping the stock tank filled up. You will need to exceed that consumption rate plus the capacity of the tank during a pull for it to be a concern.

Mine is a gallon capacity minus the pump and such inside. I'd have to do the math again to see how long it would take to run dry if the stocker wasn't pumping but with the stock pumps will be flowing quite a bit more than expected as they are free flowing compared to making pressure so they work pretty good at keeping the stock tank filled up. You will need to exceed that consumption rate plus the capacity of the tank during a pull for it to be a concern.

Thanks for the info Travis! With your and Jeff’s input, I’ve been thinking the same thing. I could keep the 340lph in tank that I’m using in the rear tank currently but I don’t think it’s necessary and may bring the fuel temp up higher. And I would eventually like to reinstall the front tank with stock pump to increase range.

Fuel temp won't be an issue. The fuel won't be going into the engine compartment and the pump won't be under any kind of load. Those two things are what puts heat into the system.

Fuel temp won't be an issue. The fuel won't be going into the engine compartment and the pump won't be under any kind of load. Those two things are what puts heat into the system.

Good point Jeff! I’ll try it with the current pump to see and when I install the front tank, I’ll compare to the oem.

Got the surge tank mounted over the weekend. Waiting on some fittings to finish running the fuel lines to the new rails and regulator.

Also my pass side rail is hitting the heater hose tube coming out of the intake. Anyone had this problem and have ideas/pics? My thought is if I angle it 45° it will clear…
6989881eee97ab6fc8853469ea7e6d75.jpg

857d20bf237607fc70006c8df944187c.jpg

Yeah been there done that with the heater hose fitting. Let me see if I can find the part#, pretty sure it was an Earl's or Aeroquip 45* fitting.

Attachments

• 20201022_042956165_iOS.jpg
    20201022_042956165_iOS.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 24
Yeah been there done that with the heater hose fitting. Let me see if I can find the part#, pretty sure it was an Earl's or Aeroquip 45* fitting.

Ok great! Where did you put the factory sensor that screws into the pipe?

Back