Upgrades for #772

Those IATs are only gonna go up with boost so go easy on it until you have fuel.

Yea I totally agree. I think the highest I saw on the log was 5500 at 11.4 psi and 200° IAT.

I’m not running it above 5000 rpm since the last log until I get something figured out with the fuel system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id think the stock lines are you biggest down fall. I have a -10 feeding the stock rails with no issues. (it has like 3 reducers to get back down to the rails). The restriction over a long distance is most likely the culprit.

Remember that fuel will help cool things down on combustion chamber. Non intercooled commanding 12:1 AF is a little lean imo. Now timing may be low but if it was my truck I would be commanding low to mid 11's on pump fuel. E85 would be a different story.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Remember that fuel will help cool things down on combustion chamber. Non intercooled commanding 12:1 AF is a little lean imo. Now timing may be low but if it was my truck I would be commanding low to mid 11's on pump fuel. E85 would be a different story.

I was going to ask about plans for E85, but I did not want to complicate things :) On the gas scale I target 11.5:1 with E85, what do you run?

... if it was my truck I would be commanding low to mid 11's on pump fuel.
I'm intercooled and lower half of the 11s. I'm being a bit conservative on everything. "Ya hear me, baby? Hold together!" Han Solo

I'm running -8 to and -6 from, using Aeromotive rails.

I'm intercooled and lower half of the 11s. I'm being a bit conservative on everything. "Ya hear me, baby? Hold together!" Han Solo

I'm running -8 to and -6 from, using Aeromotive rails.

I have a datalog from the other day (85 degrees out) that shows a 3rd gear pull 12 psi starting at 140 iat and ending at 125 (and im sure thats the sensor loosing some heat soak) and I still target mid 11's. I don't think the gain from mid 11's to low 12's for us on the street really justifies the added risk. in real world thats probably only a few HP

Last edited:
I have a datalog from the other day (85 degrees out) that shows a 3rd gear pull starting at 140 iat and ending at 125 (and im sure thats the sensor loosing some heat soak) and I still target mid 11's. I don't think the gain from mid 11's to low 12's for us on the street really justifies the added risk. in real world thats probably only a few HP

Agreed, as soon as I see any sort of boost I go for 11.5 here's my A/F table I'm running E85 and intercooler. During these 100 deg days I am seeing a cruise (highway) IAT in the low 110-115 and 130 or so at WOT. Not too bad for a cheapo intercooler.

@ASAP I meant to say you're going to want to rescale the load axis on your fuel table when you add more boost.

af table.JPG

I was going to ask about plans for E85, but I did not want to complicate things :) On the gas scale I target 11.5:1 with E85, what do you run?
Full tilt over 20+ psi I target 11.3-11.5 on gas scale with e85. Timing at 16 degrees which is conservative. That is with a really efficient Garrett air to air cooler which I have seen iat's near ambient with it before.

Id think the stock lines are you biggest down fall. I have a -10 feeding the stock rails with no issues. (it has like 3 reducers to get back down to the rails). The restriction over a long distance is most likely the culprit.

I was wondering that too. I think the stock rails are 5/16. I like the idea of using the stock rails if able but wasn’t sure.

A couple of questions:
1. How are you tying your AN lines into the fuel hat?

2. What kind of HP are you seeing?

3. I can’t see your signature on Tapatalk. What is your combo again? If I remember correctly, you are running a turbo.

Agreed, as soon as I see any sort of boost I go for 11.5 here's my A/F table I'm running E85 and intercooler. During these 100 deg days I am seeing a cruise (highway) IAT in the low 110-115 and 130 or so at WOT. Not too bad for a cheapo intercooler.

@ASAP I meant to say you're going to want to rescale the load axis on your fuel table when you add more boost.

View attachment 103188
No my table is set up leaner down low. Low boost can essentially run N/A fuel and timing. This will really help torque production and get it out the hole. Also why I spray mine in the 60' to wake up the turbo lol.

I’m commanding 11.8 up top and don’t mind adjusting to 11.5 for a little more safety. I’ve just read that 11.8 is good for mild boost. Steven Vanorder agrees with that as well. Haven’t gotten to those higher rpm’s yet so would def like to be safe when I get there. Timing is very conservative for now pulling 3° per psi/boost.

No my table is set up leaner down low. Low boost can essentially run N/A fuel and timing. This will really help torque production and get it out the hole. Also why I spray mine in the 60' to wake up the turbo lol.

I am going to fine tune mine when I get it on the dyno (waiting for my friend's shop to be done), for now it's just set up in major blocks. I have snuck in a bit of extra timing though. But again it is in major blocks so 18 deg under any boost and 15 deg over 16lbs not that I've made anywhere near that much though.

I’m commanding 11.8 up top and don’t mind adjusting to 11.5 for a little more safety. I’ve just read that 11.8 is good for mild boost. Steven Vanorder agrees with that as well. Haven’t gotten to those higher rpm’s yet so would def like to be safe when I get there. Timing is very conservative for now pulling 3° per psi/boost.

With those IATs I would richen it up, but that's a moot point right now :)

What are your IATs Jeff?

At Spookfest, I was seeing ~150 at the start of a pass, it would pull down to ~110 when I went WOT and then inch back up to about 130 at the end of a pass at 16 psi. That's at the stock MAT location.

Timing goes from upper 13 degrees at 110 to 11 degrees at 130+.

From memory, at Spookfest, I was seeing ~150 at the start of a pass, it would pull down to ~110 when I went WOT and then inch back up to about 130 at the end of a pass at 16 psi. That's at the stock MAT location.

What intercooler are you running?

Back