Upgrades for #772

This is what I did.
3e728e359eda483eeb5102469487f220.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

That confirms exactly what I was thinking. I’m going to try to keep the original sensor in the stock location.

Thank you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally done with the surge tank install. Ended up with 1 liter surge tank, 380lph Quantum pump in the surge tank, 8an feed and 6an return lines from the fuel filter connections to surge tank and from there to the intake. TFS fuel rails and 6an regulator. Got plenty of fuel now! First pulls were at 10.1 WOT, which I think is the gauge limit so who knows how rich it really was. I will continue tuning to get the AFR in line.
4a4f6438351c501e0218e75459de05be.jpg

85af825d0e7bf45c3005566fe216acb5.jpg

d8bb000cf43719bf17b91ced2cf03aab.jpg

dba5f7613414a54391a070fc3fa747d2.jpg

15b64c556959c4a92b724de840b87fed.jpg

I would think you would get a false reading from the temp sensor since it is no longer in the flow path of the coolant?

Roy

I would think you would get a false reading from the temp sensor since it is no longer in the flow path of the coolant?

Roy

I watched it and my auto meter gauge while driving and seems to be working normally. The tower piece is factory. Just with a 45° added to the base to move it over and an adapter to fit the bushing that someone installed in the intake.

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I just question its accuracy. Probably not a big deal but I bet it would read differently in a direct before and after comparison .

Roy

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I just question its accuracy. Probably not a big deal but I bet it would read differently in a direct before and after comparison .

Roy

Sure, I understand and appreciate the thought. I will definitely keep my eye on it.

Tuning complete! Truck is running really good and strong. 12.5psi of boost at full tilt with 16° total timing. AFR right at 11.8. Perfect for 93 octane per the tuner. Maxing out 60lb/hr injectors at 98% duty cycle. Will be looking for a bigger set most likely E85 compatible.

Built another tune with 1 more degree of timing from 4500rpm up. Will see how that does as well.

Next up:
Trans rebuild
Lowering kit install
Paint

Last edited:
At 10 psi, 13 degrees, 11.3 AFR, shift at 5500. 93 octane. I'm admittedly conservative. I'm doing that whole "piece of mind over pieces of pistons" attitude. :)

I have the same mentality, I'm only running 18 deg timing with E85 and an intercooler at 10lbs with 11.5 A/F targeted.

I'm slightly more aggressive than Jeff on 93. I cruise thru peak torque at 10psi and 15 degrees and boost ramps to 12psi and timing holds 15 degree. AFR is bottom 11's even with a 11.5 target. This is intercooled, turbo. so not exactly apples to apples but good for data.

I am of the same mindset, no reason to put it on kill. I run 18 at only 10ish with a target of 11.5 (gas scale) on E85 with an intercooler :) I think I am leaving more power on the table at lower boost levels (timing is basically flat), but that's something the dyno will tell if I can ever get on it.

I watched it and my auto meter gauge while driving and seems to be working normally. The tower piece is factory. Just with a 45° added to the base to move it over and an adapter to fit the bushing that someone installed in the intake.

That's the same thing I did when I couldn't get my factory ECT sensor coolant pipe to work with the TFS intake and fuel rails. Fortunately I was able to obtain that fitting from a '88 Crown Vic. Too bad I couldn't get the coolant pipe to work; it looks better than what I ended up doing.

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

Good info guys! Thanks! I will log and make adjustments. Will add fuel for sure on the more agressive timing tune.

Another important note: mine is set up to pull timing as the MAT temps come up. Looking at actual spark, the pulls were low 15° of timing due to MAT correction. Highest MAT I saw last night on WOT pulls was 179° but to be fair it was cold out..about 50°.

That's the same thing I did when I couldn't get my factory ECT sensor coolant pipe to work with the TFS intake and fuel rails. Fortunately I was able to obtain that fitting from a '88 Crown Vic. Too bad I couldn't get the coolant pipe to work; it looks better than what I ended up doing.

View attachment 103593

View attachment 103594

View attachment 103595

Looks good man. Yea, I’m pretty happy with the way mine ended up looking given the limited choices.

Good info guys! Thanks! I will log and make adjustments. Will add fuel for sure on the more agressive timing tune.

Another important note: mine is set up to pull timing as the MAT temps come up. Looking at actual spark, the pulls were low 15° of timing due to MAT correction. Highest MAT I saw last night on WOT pulls was 179° but to be fair it was cold out..about 50°.

IATs are important when it comes to timing.

Non-intercooled blower temps scare me. The log I looked at to get my values was from summer and where about 130º

E85 would be a good upgrade for your combo.

Non-intercooled blower temps scare me. The log I looked at to get my values was from summer and where about 130º

Yea, they get up there.. E85 is definitely in the future! All fuel lines and pumps/filter are compatible. Injectors are not. Will definitely be on the lookout for some FIC’s or ID’s for a good deal.

Boy that's the truth, when it was 100+ here my IATs were in the 135-140 range, and drop dramatically as temps cool. Biggest drawback I've seen so far with E85 (besides initial extra hardware requirements) is the variability at the pump. Flexfuel sensor is awesome for that, but even so I notice some swings in A/F as E85 varies.

Back