Things are starting to come together

This is what renegade guys used to use to get 30 psi out of their serpentine systems. I think this would work really well.
d01828f281adeefabb22f44df116fe75.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This is what renegade guys used to use to get 30 psi out of their serpentine systems. I think this would work really well.
d01828f281adeefabb22f44df116fe75.jpg

funny you had/found that picture. That is a photo of one of my good friends combos from years ago. the Red SN95 in the back ground got that engine. it was a 302 based 353, ford racing block, high ports, custom cam, blah blah blah, That bracket was interesting. it did work tho. He didn't run it long but it made some good power.

OK, baby steps. Got the brace on that came with Jerry's non AC bracket. It took some work (had to enlist my wife) to get it bolted to the back of the driver's side head, but it's done. Took the truck out and it indeed made a good bit of difference in belt slip. Boost in 3rd is much smoother and rises with RPM. This is a run up to 4700 RPM where it made 10 psi and showed no signs of slippage. However it still wants to slip in 1st and 2nd so I am going to try some lower and upper combinations until I find its happy spot. Also here's a video I took with the GoPro under the hood, I am going to tighten down the Bronco GY motor mounts cause it seems to be moving quite a bit. The hood light makes me laugh.

this blows less.JPG

20220828_202858972_iOS.jpg
20220828_202838681_iOS.jpg

Is the pulley next to blower able to be adjusted? Also didn't I sell you a swing tensioner that mounts to blower lol? Also, I don't think you need to worry about upper/lower combos. If I can make a smaller lower and upper work you can make yours work easily. On the right path for sure.

Is the pulley next to blower able to be adjusted? Also didn't I sell you a swing tensioner that mounts to blower lol? Also, I don't think you need to worry about upper/lower combos. If I can make a smaller lower and upper work you can make yours work easily. On the right path for sure.

It's fixed. You did sell me that bracket, can you show me how you mounted it?

can you get that upper idler closer to the blower pulley? You have a lot of upper wrap but maybe you could gain a little more still?

its crazy that can still flex enough to loosen the belt enough to slip.

good thing you made a note in the video about the hood light. sure what surprised you the first time you watched it.

can you get that upper idler closer to the blower pulley? You have a lot of upper wrap but maybe you could gain a little more still?

its crazy that can still flex enough to loosen the belt enough to slip.

good thing you made a note in the video about the hood light. sure what surprised you the first time you watched it.
Tension is way more important than wrap. When I was doing my research I read what all the renagade guys did running serpentine belts and 30 psi. They all had zero deflection in the bracket and had crazy belt tension. Wrap is ok but tension is king.

It's fixed. You did sell me that bracket, can you show me how you mounted it?
Can you see the pics I posted yesterday of my bracketry? It shows that bracket and it's orientation on the blower. If your current idler next to the blower doesn't swing then it is basically useless in adding tension.

Can you see the pics I posted yesterday of my bracketry? It shows that bracket and it's orientation on the blower. If your current idler next to the blower doesn't swing then it is basically useless in adding tension.

Yeah it did not add tension as much as it kept the belt from flopping around. I'll go back an look closer

Take your current pulley off ASAP. Put the slide tensioner on you got from me. Then get you like a 4'-6' piece of square tubing. Square is important because it has a flat side... An angle iron won't work because you will bend it. Wedge that piece of square tube into the steering box and push upwards with all the leverage you can. Tighten that MF'er until you think something is going to break. Then it's tight enough lol. Dont try to do it by hand as you won't be able to put enough pressure on it. It will still slip minimally by nature but you can eliminate most of that too by sending pulley off to griptec.
5b0b3c194b2f3f0edcbded2e54c553f6.jpg
f48e912eeb22cc830f35358c67d540c7.jpg

Btw if your bracket doesnt flex... Even with your support bracket while you tension your belt then it's not being done right. Definitely why I think an auto tensioner is the ticket.

Forgot I took this video. Just tightened my belt and was getting dark. Banjo string tight.

They both work towards the same goal. Limited belt slip. More of either help, less hurts.
I agree both help but it's been proven that tension has a greater impact on slippage. In Raymond's case he has no real way of putting proper tension on that belt with his current idler set up. He has great belt wrap but it isn't working. That one lone slide pulley on the bottom sucks for tensioning.

So I remember now why I didn’t originally use the bracket I got from you and that was because the pulley included hit the BOV. So just now I used the smaller pulley I’ve had on. I need a shorter belt, but it did help me tighten some as did the 2lb sledge on the slide tensioner.

bef4e0621c701767997d2724bd79d6d2.jpg

Ahh I gotcha. Definitely need shorter belt. I know with mine I couldn't use even the same belt between a 3.00" upper pulley and 3.25" as it was too loose. Make sure to tighten the bottom slide tensioner last. Once you got one by blower super tight it will pull the bottom one sideways. Then when you tighten that one it will pull the belt in more tightening it further.

Ahh I gotcha. Definitely need shorter belt. I know with mine I couldn't use even the same belt between a 3.00" upper pulley and 3.25" as it was too loose. Make sure to tighten the bottom slide tensioner last. Once you got one by blower super tight it will pull the bottom one sideways. Then when you tighten that one it will pull the belt in more tightening it further.

Yeah I was going to try to run the 3.5" upper to see how it did, but in my giganto collection of belts I did not have the right one so I kept the 3.25 on there. Sadly no change, this is 1st gear and it starts at 7 then 5 then 3psi by the time I shift. Oh well at least the Blinkstop works FANTASTIC! Man, one of the best mods :)

Back