The Official Event Hotel Has Been Selected!

Chris.94L said:
I forgot to ask, but in the mean time, until I get a chance to call the hotel, is the discount only good thurs, fri, sat nights, or is it good for sunday night as well? I plan on getting there Thursday and leaving Monday.

Same here. The WashLO contingent is booked Thursday night to Monday morn with "the deal".

Scott

Going to be a GREAT weekend! No kids, racing, BBQ, tailgating, Hooters... what else could a guy ask for!??! :afro: oh, and a supportive wife in tow :clinkmugs

Just wondering if there were Discounts over at the Holiday Inn Express next door. WE booked a room for $109 per night. They are affiliated with the comfort suites. They have some rooms left!!!!

Hello Dennis,

We get the same rates at both hotels. We have the complete Comfort Suites and then overflow to the HIE. Why did you book at the HIE? I do not believe the CS was full yet? Be sure to use the discount code at both hotels and tell them you are with the National Lightning Owners Club and LightningFest. The rate at both places is $69 for our event.

The event discount code is: "LightningFest"

Sorry for the late decession but going to Lfest was based on Ralph's truck being ready!!! Nan:: PM me and I gave her the details on the series of events. Thanks for looking out!!!

Just talked to my contact at the hotel. She apologized for the problem. It was caused by a new employee. They will hold a meeting with all their front desk people to ensure that they all know about groups, and how to look them up on the computer. They were very embarrassed!

Be sure to say "LightningFest" when you make any reservations.

There are currently 15 rooms available at Comfort Suites and 12 at Holiday Inn Express. So hurry and make those reservations!!!

See you in the parking lot!!!!

There are only 15 rooms at the Comfort Suites and 12 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, remaining at this discount rate ($69). Make your reservations NOW if you want these discounted rates. We do not know if we can get more rooms blocked at this rate until the current block is full!

DO NOT EXPECT TO ARRIVE AND GET THE EVENT DISCOUNT AT THE DESK!

The Hotels are aware of the problems some of you have had booking, and will have a staff meeting again today. If you have problems, call Nan ((309) 236-0832) and she will help you with the hotel.

Update::::: 14 rooms left at the Comfort Inn Suites. Lightning Ralph and Huffentuff95 are Jumping ship from the Holiday Inn and are now staying with the rest of you JOKERS on the other side of the BERM.. If you don't know us ,we will be wearing the tee shirts that say THE FAST ONE"S and Ralph will be wearing a blue wrist band that says RACER:pat: That's a Hollywood inside Joke;k Thanks Dwight and Nan for saving us some $$$$$

Nan said:
There are currently 15 rooms available at Comfort Suites and 12 at Holiday Inn Express. So hurry and make those reservations!!!

See you in the parking lot!!!!

Wow!! I didn't think there were that many people registered?
Dwight, do they have a clue what's coming? hehe . . .

What day are you arriving in kc?

Vern

Vern said:
Wow!! I didn't think there were that many people registered?
Dwight, do they have a clue what's coming? hehe . . .

What day are you arriving in kc?

Vern

Brother Jones:

I had To Get 2 Rooms This Year...

Well, Brother, that explains it! ;)
btw, if there was any way I could swing it, I'd be your huckleberry. I've got the vacation, just not the permission. What's your itinerary and eta?
Have a safe trip, Bro!
VJ

Vern,

Nan and I will arrive in KC on Monday afternoon the 18th, and leave on the Tuesday the 26th, following LightningFest. That gives us a three days to get set up and a couple to wind down and lick our wounds.

...Dwight...(Tex)

Vern said:
Well, Brother, that explains it! ;)
btw, if there was any way I could swing it, I'd be your huckleberry. I've got the vacation, just not the permission. What's your itinerary and eta?
Have a safe trip, Bro!
VJ

19 Sept Leave My Place Arrive Albuquerque In the P.M. (Just Under 700 MI)
20 Sept Albuquerque To Denver (Pry my new Harley Away From Randy)
21 Sept Denver To KC

Looks like I'm going to make it.

I'v never been to a big meet like this. I see the link to regester for the fest but after i do that what does that intitle me to. I do't want to run in the drag races but i would like to do the free test and tune. My truck is all stock so i don't know if i want to be in the show or not.

Last edited:
MJ351 said:
19 Sept Leave My Place Arrive Albuquerque In the P.M. (Just Under 700 MI)
20 Sept Albuquerque To Denver (Pry my new Harley Away From Randy)
21 Sept Denver To KC

MJ, I'm working on it. Airfare from kc to denver is $74, but I gotta work on the "permission" part. I recently built up some credit, so we'll see . . . ttyl

Dwight, I hear ya about the "wind down" part! Luckily, I don't have to go back to work till Wed after. But, I may be suffering from "Lightning withdrawal" by then and need to start working on next yr's trips. . .

Well wont be driving this year as planned;m , I just couldnt justify the money spent on gas with two kids in college. But Mike and I will be there and we have booked the Room and plane too. We are sharing the room with Jon Ross.

sstock said:
Well wont be driving this year as planned;m , I just couldnt justify the money spent on gas with two kids in college. But Mike and I will be there and we have booked the Room and plane too. We are sharing the room with Jon Ross.

WOW!!! Steve That Sucks. I was really looking foward to seeing the Crimson Beast. How much did you figure it would cost you to drive out?

4000 miles round trip, figure averaging 15mph. 4000 divided by 15= 266 gallons of gas. Figure 3.25/gallon = $866

Back