The Official Event Hotel Has Been Selected!

15MPH? Wow, you must be getting old to drive that slow, Steve :D

I know the feeling, though. It's a choice of spending over $1500, or about $300 and have no truck. At least you'll be flying in, I'll be glad to meet you.

Steve I'll go 1/2's on RENTING a GT40 for 1 day. and we can take turns on beating her up at the track.. I am sure someone rents exotics on a daily basis with 100 miles of L-FEST:B2: I {2} was looking forward to seeing PUFF the magic Dragon :tu: You do live down by the sea <<<<>>>> don't you :wave:

I just called the CSI to check my reservation. I could not find my dang conf. number to make absolute sure.....
Long story short...they could not find my name in their registry. You can see I made my reservation early....2nd post on this thread. Fortunitely, they still had some rooms avail.
Just want to give everyone a heads up to double check.

Wayne...
I just got off the phone with the hotel contact, and they DO HAVE YOUR RESERVATION!!! That's the good news. They have a new manager, who didn't know that you can't do a "name search" when the reservation is inside a block. So it was just a simple error. You are covered, and all is well!

Nan

The Comfort Suites block is now full. Make any reservations at:

Holiday Inn Express (Independence, MO)
816-795-8889 - call this number directly to the hotel
Tell them the code name "LightningFest"

The block of 20 rooms (19 with dbl/queen and 1 king) will be available ONLY until 9-13. After that you probably won't get the special rate ($69).

Nan said:
The Comfort Suites block is now full. Make any reservations at:

Holiday Inn Express (Independence, MO)
816-795-8889 - call this number directly to the hotel
Tell them the code name "LightningFest"

The block of 20 rooms (19 with dbl/queen and 1 king) will be available ONLY until 9-13. After that you probably won't get the special rate ($69).

I just cancelled my room at Comfort Suites a couple hours ago. It may still be open for a lucky person. It was two beds.

Rocks

I may need to get a place that allows dogs in the rooms so I can take my younger one in, she is not ready to be left in the truck like my older dog yet...anyone have any good ideas? I would like to be close to the main hotel.

MorpheusGPR said:
....snip............she is not ready to be left in the truck like my older dog yet...anyone have any good ideas? ......snip...

You could always leave the dogs at the Kennel back home.

No, we would only do that as a last resort in an emergency. They have never been left before. Even when we went over seas we had a familiar person to them live at the house.

We really like to bring them with us, we enjoy their company.

MorpheusGPR said:
No, we would only do that as a last resort in an emergency. They have never been left before. Even when we went over seas we had a familiar person to them live at the house.

We really like to bring them with us, we enjoy their company.

How big is the little one? Is she a barker?

You could always "sneak" her in...

Pets are allowed at the Red Roof Inn, and it is on the road to the track:

Red Roof Inn Kansas City Independence
(#32)
I-70 at Noland Road, Exit #12
13712 East 42nd Terrace, Independence, MO, United States, 64055
Phone: (816) 373-2800 Fax: (816) 373-0067

Thanks BigD I will check into them and see what kind of price they will give me.

"Barker" no not really but they are great watch dogs. They will let me know when they hear, or see something so they do bark ;0 LMAO.

Hey Dwight could you repost the contact info for the comfort suites in the first post - I made a reservation at "the hotel in this thread" and just called them to confirm and they say no - sorry no reservation ...

I made it at the other hotel ... Whew.. Small panic there ..
Thanks Doug

Just called to check that every thing is cool for my res. They said Yes Mr. Spencer you are OK to drink beer and have lots of fun at L-fest!!!! They didn't say anything about doing burn-outs in the parking lot, but I'm sure thats OK too. See you all soon.

plum360415 said:
Just called to check that every thing is cool for my res. They said Yes Mr. Spencer you are OK to drink beer and have lots of fun at L-fest!!!! They didn't say anything about doing burn-outs in the parking lot, but I'm sure thats OK too. See you all soon.

Burnouts.....I got in a little practice at a local all Ford show last Sunday...

Scott

^^^I did too.... on the local country road. 'scriced' I parked next to/seen your ride at WFC this year----Looks good. Maybe we can chat a bit at L-fest.?. See you soon.
Kerry

plum360415 Maybe we can chat a bit at L-fest.?. See you soon.
Kerry

Absolutely ! That's a good part of the enjoyment of L Fest for me. Putting faces to usernames !

See ya there !!!

Scott

Look All,

If you call to reconfirm, you MUST tell the dummies that you are in the LIGHTNINGFEST block. Otherwise when they do a search for your name, you don't show up!
Comfort Suites (MO191)
19751 E. Valley View Parkway , Independence, MO, US, 64057
Phone: (816) 373-9880 Fax: (816) 373-9885

Doug,

I will have Nan check the Comfort Suits list (we have a copy), but I am sure you are on it. If you are, Nan will cancel your second reservation at the HIE and call you today!

Back