Service CD

Woodys2000

10 SECOND LIGHTNING
Does anyone have a Service CD for our trucks? From what I understand they are quite a bit better than the manuals you get at Autozone, Advanced Auto,.....ect... Please let me know what you guys think of them and if they can be burned. I need one for my 2000L. Thanks guys.

I think I have one for a 2000 f150. I'll have to look for it. I think it includes the L. I don't think there was a specific one for the L. If your interested in it and I can find it I'll mail it to you. I have no need for it because my L's an 03'. Let me know.

FYI: most of the stuff for an 00 is the same for an '03

I have the disc too, but since I'm still in the stone age I have no way to copy it. lol

I have one every thing you want to know every bolt every torque spec to include drawings and diagrams.

I can try to burn 1 for you mines is last years version and covers several years. The lightning stull is tied in with the 150 and just covers the L specific parts with the regular stuff. mine is the factory version. I'll try tommorrow and see what I can do and write back. Mine is also a dvd so I'll try to put it on cd

Last edited:
buckstop515 said:
I can try to burn 1 for you mines is last years version and covers several years. The lightning stull is tied in with the 150 and just covers the L specific parts with the regular stuff. mine is the factory version. I'll try tommorrow and see what I can do and write back. Mine is also a dvd so I'll try to put it on cd

Thanks bro.

Suavy said:
I have one every thing you want to know every bolt every torque spec to include drawings and diagrams.

Thanks man. They show you how to do stuff? Or just give you specs?

µ 21. Tighten the bolts in three stages, in the sequence shown.

RH is shown; LH is similar.

l Stage 1: Tighten to 37-43 Nm (27-32 lb-ft).

l Stage 2: Tighten an additional 85-95 degrees.

l Stage 3: Tighten an additional 85-95 degrees.

Stuff like this with drawings

Hey Frank what ever happen with that head port program?

My guy that fixed my heads has done some more research and is gonna hollow the chit out of the heads now. He is porting & polishing heads like mine now for 1000. a set. I have some pic. if any one wants to host them. We section a scrap head and he ported that for trial and error.

Suavy

Last edited:
Heater Core

Removal

Note:
If a heater core leak is suspected, the heater core must be leak-tested before it is removed from the vehicle. For additional information, refer to «Section 412-00».

1. Disconnect the battery. For additional information, refer to «Section 414-01».

2. Drain the cooling system. For additional information, refer to «Section 303-03A».

3. Remove the instrument panel. For additional information, refer to «Section 501-12».

µ 4. Compress the holding tabs and disconnect the heater water hoses (18472) at the heater core (18476).

µ 5. Remove the A/C plenum demister adapter (19E662).

1 Remove the screw.

2 Remove the A/C plenum demister adapter.

µ 6. Disconnect the vacuum line.

µ 7. Remove the heater core bracket.

1 Remove the screws.

2 Remove the bracket.

µ 8. Remove the plenum chamber top.

1 Remove the 13 screws.

2 Remove the plenum chamber top.

9. Remove the blend door assembly from the case.

µ 10. Remove the heater core.

Here is the written part it won't let me copy the pic.'s

Suavy

under each of the sections it has step by step and drawings. Also the h type syble is actualy an arrow that show's a drawing.

It just came out that way when I cut and pasted it.

Suavy

Great info Suavy. I emailed Woody a copy of the Ford Tech Service information and Electronic Publications. I hope it has the info he needs and more.

Last edited:
Back