Second build up from the short block

Look what came in today!
d4d03688cab51f02838ea96731fb999f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, what are the sizes?

Rear is 15 x 12”
Front is 18 x 5”

Rear has a 5.5 back spacing so I’ll have to cut the axle and housing about 2” on each side. Got to have the 9” ends welded on anyhow.
5x4.5 lug pattern.

I went with the 18” fronts because it had better backspacing and a little wider than the 17”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What tires are you going with?

I just put some used 315 pro radials on my 15x12 wheels so I can figure out what size and what backspace wheels I’m going to go with.

5766f6c173f76d4cfc9fcd1baf7dfd58.jpg
eb108b1a41fadf5426fab5a239e75f97.jpg
2fb3a83c03e4f81dbf436075df8c566b.jpg

man that's gonna look good. What's your plan with the lug conversion on the front? drilling disks?

man that's gonna look good. What's your plan with the lug conversion on the front? drilling disks?

Yes. I ordered some new rotors that I’m gonna get drilled at the machine shop. I haven’t measured yet to see if I will have to turn the front hubs down a little bit.
I have Willwood discs for the rear. Strange 31 spline axles custom built after the rear is cut down.

[mention]Jamie V [/mention] those wheels look like they have a short backspacing. What are the specs on them?

They are Weld Rodlites
15x12
3.5” BS
5 on 4.5 & 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern.

I’m getting new wheels so with the smaller radial I need to push them out towards the bedside.

Yes. I ordered some new rotors that I’m gonna get drilled at the machine shop. I haven’t measured yet to see if I will have to turn the front hubs down a little bit.
I have Willwood discs for the rear. Strange 31 spline axles custom built after the rear is cut down.

Yes you definitely do. The stock hub is 3.27” and it needs to be machined down to 3.05”. I just brought a weld center cap with me to the shop

Yes you definitely do. The stock hub is 3.27” and it needs to be machined down to 3.05”. I just brought a weld center cap with me to the shop

Thanks Joe! It’s kind of hard to remove the front tire with the way I have it on stands on the lift at the moment so that helps a lot!

I need to install my other scissor jack on the lift.

No one in town will mount the tires on those rims so I have an appointment at a high end shop that has a touch-less tire machine on Tuesday.

Then I can get to measuring.

I wish I would have washed my truck before I started all this! I didn’t realize it was going to go this far under the knife when I put it on the lift.
I got the tires mounted and did some measurements this weekend. This is about as far as I can tuck the tires in without moving the leaf springs inward. (It’s so tempting!!)
I’ll have about 3” of travel before the fenders touch the tire, if I’m correct on ride hight.

Total of 2” removed from each side of the rear differential housing, using the 9” ends. This gives about 3/4” between tire and leaf springs.

With fiberglass fenders there’s no massaging the inner lip. I could grind it back a touch but still need room to screw the inner fender to it.
428803244de419131c27384112c11b28.jpg

9e9098c6aa5c059c3f31084c65bc2c33.jpg

Looks good man. Don’t know though. If it launched well, they may hit.

That’s going to look bad ***. My dad wanted to narrow the rear and/or run 12s but I talked him out of it bc I didn’t want to tub the bed lol.

Back