Second build up from the short block

Injector Dynamics ID1700's. 1700cc is ~160lb

These are like the Kook's of the injector world, but I cannot say enough good things about them. You can go to their website and get all your data to enter in to the Megasquirt. I reached out to their support once is and they were super fast to respond and very nice. I believe the quality of the injector and their data are why idle quality is not something I've had to worry about on pump gas or E-85.

Same opinion here as Ray,

i had a generic (precision) 1000cc injector in my car and switch to ID1300s and couldn't believe how much better the drive-ability down low/idle was to control. so when i built my truck i wanted to use a similar "high end" injector and opted to go with FIC 1000's and have been similarly impressed with them as well. I know you have big plans for power so being north a 1300cc's you definitely going to want one of those for driveability/tunability.

Same opinion here as Ray,

i had a generic (precision) 1000cc injector in my car and switch to ID1300s and couldn't believe how much better the drive-ability down low/idle was to control. so when i built my truck i wanted to use a similar "high end" injector and opted to go with FIC 1000's and have been similarly impressed with them as well. I know you have big plans for power so being north a 1300cc's you definitely going to want one of those for driveability/tunability.

Travis did you have to change anything to use the FIC Injectors? Like the plug connector or the rail? I don't see the style that fits ours.

FIC is right down the road from me.:grin1:

Travis did you have to change anything to use the FIC Injectors? Like the plug connector or the rail? I don't see the style that fits ours.

FIC is right down the road from me.:grin1:
I did have change connectors. I suppose you could run adapters but swapping connectors is a better option. I am currently running stock rails so I'd assume any aftermarket rail for our setup should be a direct swap to FICs

What size are you considering?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I did have change connectors. I suppose you could run adapters but swapping connectors is a better option. I am currently running stock rails so I'd assume any aftermarket rail for our setup should be a direct swap to FICs

What size are you considering?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I am looking at the 1650s, I think the 1440s would be enough for me but they don't list it for our year. I'm not sure if its a different body. The 1650 says it fits Mustang GT 86-15. I can call them to find out for sure. Do you think these will be very close to ID1700s in quality and tunability?
It looks like the ID1300s would work but would be close to maxed out on E85 and 20lbs of boost.Screenshot 2020-12-20 143111.jpg

1000cc, I should've gone with bigger so I can comfortably run E85, but I'll play with pressure and they should be adequate for now.

No complaints at all. I replaced my Mototron 60s with them, changed the "required fuel" setting, and it ran just fine. I've had to do some fine tuning of the cold start and warm-up stuff, and a little with accel fuel, but it idles great.

Compared to how much work I had to do with the 160lb injectors I ran in my BB truck, this has been a piece of cake. Injector technology has come a loooong way!

Really depends on how much power you will actually make. I know my id1050x supports my truck up to about 23 psi with stock cubes of course. Now that is at 42 psi base pressure. At 55 psi base it will support 28lbs boost or more on a built gen 2 motor.. probably around 850hp. A little base pressure goes a long way if you got the pump to handle it. A bigger injector is always better but if you already had something close you may be able to stretch it out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Went with FIC 1440s
be58a704f1bf7acc725d5831e66d023c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished passenger tub and notch. Still needs some grinding and finish work
f84ec5a60ec9d7496bf0bd11ce670538.jpg

Gonna wait until I can roll it outside for the heavy grinding.

Put the bumper cut out in the front bumper
90debafabd98f518cfd51a36003ef4f0.jpg

1cf4bf815c6c754a549e80049858d9f3.jpg

e6396d33f281975669724e40e72885b3.jpg

c78941dea052ac95c3715cd929adbf0c.jpg

No work getting done on the truck this weekend! Wife’s birthday. Time to relax for a few days.
2d7961e6b9324441050fc672f7268724.jpg

I was being very tongue-in-cheek of course!!!

I shimmed the alternator pulley on mine over the weekend because it's been fraying belts. That's the only thing I've done to it for a month and a half. Time to get busy, though.

Back